Kanger T3 Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingword26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
I know there are a lot of people that are happy with the T3, but there are a lot who are having unresolvable problems. I'm not happy with my T3's at all. I get way to much liquid in my mouth, and on the battery post. I was driving the other day, and got a huge amount of liquid in my mouth. I shut the battery off, and checked it when I got home. Standing liquid in the battery. I am using mostly VG liquids. I have tried adding a strand or 2 of extra wick on top, but the hit was way too dry. It seems like the first 2 or 3 hits works fine, but when it gets warmed up, it just draws to much liquid in. I have tried it with the battery tight and the battery loose. I've tried drawing hard and drawing softly. I am using Johnson Creek Red Oak Silverthorn, and a VG base liquid that is made here locally, and a smoktek 1300mah ego-T battery. I guess I'm going back to the stardust.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
i tried these too, first they worked fine but toward the last of the first tank i started getting dry hits. filled it back up and it continued...then i flipped the bottom silicone and got gurgling. i took the flavor wick off and it only got worse. i never vaped through 1 tankfull without getting frustrated. very inconsistent for me. i think they are very (outside) temperature sensitive.....one day they flood, the next its dry hit city.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yeah, I only use the T3 when I want alot of flavor at a low voltage. It has a VERY airy draw, mine gives a burnt taste unless I keep it under 3.6 volts (like 3 v, really), and it sure does dribble. I just give it a whip every now and again and shake the liquid out of the stem and onto the ground. (like a big flick with a lot of wrist motion). But it does deliver way more flavor than, say my mini Vivi. The one time I was getting dry hits, I figured that tiny little wick had clogged and I rinsed and blew the thing out; seemed to do the trick.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
You all need to push the little silicone cup up off the wicks on the air tube so that more juice is able to get to the wicks. I get no dry hits using them at 4.2 to 4.5V.

The only way to get juice in your mouth is if you are getting juice into the air tube. Slightly tilt the T3 while filling and avoid getting juice in to the air tube in the middle.

These do mute flavor a bit but are worth the small learning curve in the end IMO

Good luck!

Trainguy059

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Indiana
The vapor is likely condensing in the tube. At least that's what I've observed. If you continue to draw after a button release (on a manual batt) it tends to clear the tube of vapor and will greatly diminish the amount of juice droplets which form in the tube. Plus, it will help prime the wicks for your next toot. YMMV but this is a habit I'm trying to develop with the T3 and seems to be working well for me.

the juice in the tube isn't from filling, it continues to replenish itself throughout the process. I'll shake the thing out 3-4 times in 20 minutes.

livingword26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
Not getting juice in the tube when filling, it doesn't happen the first few draws. Not a condensation problem, that would take some time to build up a large amount. A large amount is getting sucked into the tube all at once, when it gets warmed up. Like I said, they seem to be workable for some people, and not for others. These are unusable for me. Standing liquid in the battery. Not a drop on the head, but enough so that the liquid covers the button. Maybe there are variations in the product, or maybe there is an identical knock off that has a flaw I can't find. I don't know...

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I think the T3 is a really good idea, but the QC by Kanger has been terrible. I’ve had one that worked great right out of the box (bag actually), two that worked good after a little modding and one that gave me burnt tasting hits no matter what I tried. The one I’m using right now works real good most of the time, but every once in a while the coil floods (bad gurgling). The only way I can get it to work right again is to rinse the coil under warm water.

I really hope Kanger (or someone else) can get the quality right on these. Otherwise, the search goes on.

J.R.

Edit: Smokeless Image just came out with a T3 they say is made by somebody other than Kanger. I ordered one, so we’ll see how it goes. I think these are eGo threaded, but IDK if they will work on regular eGo style batteries.

Last edited:

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I got leaks into the battery post also..I added top coils or flavour wicks on top of the coil to prevent leaking..then I was getting some dry hits which is expected because i've limited the flow to the coil..leaking has slowed down though to the batter post to acceptable levels..what I do is loosen the tank from the base of the T3 a little bit until I see some bubbles flow up in the juice..this primes the wick and I get a good 5-6 puffs before having to do it again..yeah it's not the best thing in the world to have to do but once you get used to doing it it's just like the vivi dip and swirl..it becomes automatic and for me is tantamount to flicking the ash off a cigarette lol

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've noticed there are two versions of the T3. The first round I got I had inconsistent results. Sometimes they were great, sometimes not so great with the gurgling, leaking, really tight draws, etc. Last week I got a new tank and a couple replacement pieces, and so far, the new T3 is working great! Consistent hits, loads of vapor, doesn't get hot, no gurgling or leaking issues. I noticed that there is more air in the draw which led me to discover that I had a different build.

It seems that my older T3 bases, which were inconsistent, had 2 air holes drilled in them. My new T3 bases, working great so far, have 3 holes drilled in them.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
why is it that i started getting drips from the mouth piece when i was filling mine? (upside down as instructed)

removing the flavor wick did not make my unit any better.

the idea of a bottom coil is optimal due to nature of gravity. some people absolutely love these and good for them.
once you find something that works, stick with it.....for me they didnt so back to boge i go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread