KANGER T3S and Naturally Extracted Tobacco? Does it "melt" the TANK? Several questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Good Day one and all! Like others, I am new to 'vaping'. My local shop was my place of choice for a bit of information and direction on the "what and how" of e-Cig's. While their prices are a bit higher than on line I did feel more comfortable with the 'face-to-face' purchase.

They told me that "NATURALLY EXTRACTED TOBACCO" would possibly RUIN my new T3S. They sell their own "brand" which they claim to be 'Premium' and above the rest I might find on line. I would expect them to say just that, yet I also imagine the 'profit margin' is the main reason they suggest "only our blends" .... "only 50-50 mix" .... and their main 'warning' "NEVER USE any brand of Naturally Extracted Product - for ANYONE"! They DO offer what they call "NATURAL TOBACCO" which they claim is the same as "EXTRACTED" - but through a "special process" that does not created a 'juice' that will RUIN my T3S. They REALLY PUSH the T3S and their prices at $10.95 for each and $5.00 a piece for replacement COILS looks to be very high. Again - for a 'first time buy' I was OK with the price, but NOW I seriously doubt their MOTIVES.

NOW I am trying to find value and quality and the forum has been a help in that aspect; or, so I believe from the few sites I have checked.
I am still confused a bit as to those sites selling "House Brand BATTERIES and the like claiming to be made by the "major manufacturers". To me a "clone" can be good or bad - but how to tell without wasting money is a dilemma.

SO - experienced opinions about "Naturally Extracted Tobacco" MELTING the Kanger T3S or ANY "Clearo" style tank will be appreciated.

Well established ON LINE Retailers respected by the forum members? I see a LOT of names - but with so many it is hard to decypher the 'hype' from 'reality'. Might some be real and other may just be 'ads' for personal gain? Suggestions appreciated.

THANKS one and all!

COrdially,

Don Robertson

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I don't have much experience with "tank busting" flavors. From what I understand, citrus and cinnamon are the biggies.

However, if you are concerned, just get a Kanger Mini Protank II. Same form factor as the T3, (albeit a little less capacity), but it is glueless with glass and pyrex. No juice will bust that tank, only a sharp drop on a hard object will do it in, but since the glass is replaceable, you can have a couple spare "glass inserts" in your drawer and you're good to go.

If you wan't more capacity, then the Protank II will give you the same advantage with more capacity. It seems some people have more gurgling with the Protanks than the mini's. Something about the size of the air pocket on top of the fluid and the BCC design. I'm not an expert in fluid dynamics but it seems to make sense.

All I know is that the Mini Protank II works flawlessly for me, gives me similar performance to other Kanger products, and I love the fact that you can completely disassemble the tank and DRY it quickly for a very quick turnaround.

P.S. As a bonus, if you already have an investment in your T3 heads, they will work in the mini protank and protank. However, evod/protank heads will not work in the T3.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Good Day one and all! Like others, I am new to 'vaping'. My local shop was my place of choice for a bit of information and direction on the "what and how" of e-Cig's. While their prices are a bit higher than on line I did feel more comfortable with the 'face-to-face' purchase. They told me that "NATURALLY EXTRACTED TOBACCO" would possibly RUIN my new T3S. They sell their own "brand" which they claim to be 'Premium' and above the rest I might find on line. I would expect them to say just that, yet I also imagine the 'profit margin' is the main reason they suggest "only our blends" .... "only 50-50 mix" .... and their main 'warning' "NEVER USE any brand of Naturally Extracted Product - for ANYONE"! They DO offer what they call "NATURAL TOBACCO" which they claim is the same as "EXTRACTED" - but through a "special process" that does not created a 'juice' that will RUIN my T3S. They REALLY PUSH the T3S and their prices at $10.95 for each and $5.00 a piece for replacement COILS looks to be very high. Again - for a 'first time buy' I was OK with the price, but NOW I seriously doubt their MOTIVES. NOW I am trying to find value and quality and the forum has been a help in that aspect; or, so I believe from the few sites I have checked. I am still confused a bit as to those sites selling "House Brand BATTERIES and the like claiming to be made by the "major manufacturers". To me a "clone" can be good or bad - but how to tell without wasting money is a dilemma. SO - experienced opinions about "Naturally Extracted Tobacco" MELTING the Kanger T3S or ANY "Clearo" style tank will be appreciated. Well established ON LINE Retailers respected by the forum members? I see a LOT of names - but with so many it is hard to decypher the 'hype' from 'reality'. Might some be real and other may just be 'ads' for personal gain? Suggestions appreciated. THANKS one and all! COrdially, Don Robertson
Don Hi and welcome , I vape NET's exclusively and I can tell you that BM is full of crap in plain english , they do not melt tanks , some may clog a head up faster than a non net but to get tobacco flavor requires using real tobacco IMO . If you want a clean burning NET Heather's Heavenly Vapes is my recommendation and they offer any ratio you want , that BM is less than honest IMO .

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Well the T3S is a very nice device, and a nice upgrade to the original T3 form factor making it modular. As stated above, if you are worried about a certain juice cracking a plastic tank there are other alternatives, Protank 2 and Mini Protank 2 Version 2 are both nice tank systems, you also have the Davide and Mini Davide tank systems (Protank Clones) as well as the Tatroe (Protank Clone only fully metal), Hypertank with its clone the G50 (5 Milli-liter glass tank sheathed in metal uses protank heads). There are also glass cartomizer tanks, glass vivi-nova tanks, just have to get online and check around. Have to remember the T3 form factor, this includes the T3S ugraded version were really designed for portability on an Ego Class battery with its 3 milli-liter capacity and outer Ego Battery Cone threading attachment assembly.

Don't get me wrong, I own many T3S tanks and other Kanger BCC devices, but for this warning, don't take the chance with the T3S with that particular juice, if it is your "All Day Vape (ADV)" juice go with a Protank 2, Davide, or Hypertank, leaving the plastic tanks for novelty, desert, coffee, or other juices when you need a break from your ADV.

A grouping of flavors to not use with plastic tanks

1) Cinnamons
2) Citrus Flavors (orange, tangerine, limes, pineapple, etc)
3) Absynth flavors
4) Licorices

But you got my curiosity piqued, I'll have to look into NET flavors and research if any or all do crack tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread