Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Everyone's sense of taste is unique and I vape VCT 98% of the time so my recipes might be a little strong for most people. (The longer I vape a specific flavor the more desensitized I become to its taste so my recipes are tweaked to suit my personal overindulged sense of taste.) I enjoy many variations of VCT but my main go-to recipe is the simplest; 5% concentrated NET (three fold), 5% French vanilla and 6% Caramel Candy. The Tobacco is up front and star of the show but spicy caramel is ever present and there's a hint of creamy vanilla on the exhale.

I still use the original DIYFS French Vanilla but it's no longer available. They currently offer a V2 French Vanilla but I've not tried it yet, don't like most "V2" offerings. The original TFA Vanilla Swirl and TFA French Vanilla are my second/third choices for the "V" in VCT. I sample new vanilla flavorings as they become available but have yet to find what I consider to be the perfect vanilla.

I normally use FW Caramel Candy for the "C" in VCT. There are many good Caramel flavorings out there and most of them work well in a VCT mix. TFA Caramel original, TFA Caramel Candy, FW Salted Caramel are all very good. Candy Caramel tastes a bit spicy whereas regular Caramel is a more subdued flavor.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
My orders for Black Note and Juice Cabin have been processed! Picked up the Notebook, Concerto, Cigarette Blend and 2 from the V Line from Black Note and a tonne of samplers from Juice Cabin. Being in the UK, Juice Cabin is able to sell samplers and sampler sets. They have sampler sets of 10 X 10ml bottles.

Judging by the array of NETs on the website Les Pickins takes his NETs very seriously and is a connoisseur.
I’ve heard great things about Juice Cabin. Hoping to recapture how good NETs where in 2012-2013 from our beloved vendors such as NET.com, Goodejuice and others.

Will report on my experiences if anyone is still around.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I didn't realize the Notebook was still available or i would have suggested it right off, as it is (was as I recall) a reasonably inexpensive way to check out all the standard flavors.
The menthol surprised me positively.
I'd like to hear your opinion about the Latakia, since I noted that I like it, it was smokier, but wasn't completely sure about it.
The V line they no longer sell in the US.
Not being sure which you ordered: I prefer their standard menthol over the V line Reggae, which isn't bad though; the Pop is fruity (cherry?) and I liked it; the Jazz I wasn't sure about at first (kind of anise to me, which I love in food but not sure about in vapes) but it grew on me pleasantly.

• Agree
Reactions: AnthonyB

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
Well I either have a super developed palate and The NETs I’ve been using are overpowering and pungent to me or the juices I am vaping have already gone off.

I am really looking forward to the Blacknote order. The last time I tried Black Note was 5 years ago when I was still occasionally have a cigarette (despite taking up vaping 6 years earlier). At the time Black Note seemed too subtle to me. That was at a time when NET.com, Want2Vape and others were spot on to my palate in terms of boldness of flavour.

With my taste buds having improved significantly I may find Black Note just right now.
If you have a ultrasonic this my help you try Solani aged burly flake, over the years tried all ways but the 5 day process really sings for me, only for the those that can't wait,ha ha.

• Agree
Reactions: AnthonyB

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Almost three weeks, and zip zero not, This thread needs some life.
I am currently enjoying my own extracted Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish, cold macerated for three months, filtered and mixed back in April. Still quite tasty.
Not really sure on Vendors for NET flavors these days. But if one wants, they can find a way to enjoy these liquids.

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
For the time being, I'm concerned but not overly worried about the future. Unless it becomes illegal for normal people to buy nicotine. But one thing that DOES bother me is Rocketfuel going out of business. I have almost emptied a 120 of Reaper and I know I'm really going to miss it.

Reactions: Bronze

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I left....
LOL. No no don't leave.
I haven't bought any nets from either NET nor RTE for quite a while. In fact, going through my bottles, I found several from each, which are about 2yrs old. A couple had lost flavor (except for the tobacco base) and a couple were still very nice.
I've been mixing my own these days, using Stixx Mixx extracts primarily.
A problem for me is that I live in Massachusetts, where the nannies reign supreme. So, I can't have shipped any flavored liquids, other than straight tobacco.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have stuck with Real Tobacco Extracts the last few years.
Black Note has a good tobacco flavor profile but has a weak flavor strength compared to "Real Tobacco Extracts". I like all I have tried (and I tried most of them including cigar, cig and fruit tobaccos).

I got Black Note a few weeks ago and had high anticipation for them. I haven’t had Black Note in 5 years.

I was disappointed not because there was anything wrong with the liquids but because of my inability to truly enjoy them. Having been vaping for 11 years and not touched a cigarette in 6 years raw bold tobaccos are not as enjoyable as they used to be.

The quality of Black Note is top notch. Their cigarette blend tastes exactly like a cigarette. I would have loved that juice a few years ago.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I got Black Note a few weeks ago and had high anticipation for them. I haven’t had Black Note in 5 years.

I was disappointed not because there was anything wrong with the liquids but because of my inability to truly enjoy them. Having been vaping for 11 years and not touched a cigarette in 6 years raw bold tobaccos are not as enjoyable as they used to be.

The quality of Black Note is top notch. Their cigarette blend tastes exactly like a cigarette. I would have loved that juice a few years ago.
which ones did you get?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A guy in one of the groups I am in said he placed an order with NET.com a month ago and it still has not shipped. The label was created though....
I wouldn't order from there. Made that decision years ago.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I haven't ordered from NET for a couple of years. Not because I don't like them, but just because (you all know how it goes) I have all these juices sitting around.
I decided to go through my inventory and began with the NETs. They're all about 2yrs old. A couple had lost flavor (beyond the tobacco) and a couple were still perfect.
When NET was good, it was great. Very unique and tasty juices. It might still be, don't know.
One thing that bothered me was that Clay, the owner/mixer was always really responsive to emails. He was quick to answer questions or suggest his favorites. My last order, as I mentioned, a couple of years ago, had a plastic bottle which had a broken something, don't recall. I emailed them, and heard nothing whatever. Not a good thing.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I haven't ordered from NET for a couple of years. Not because I don't like them, but just because (you all know how it goes) I have all these juices sitting around.
I decided to go through my inventory and began with the NETs. They're all about 2yrs old. A couple had lost flavor (beyond the tobacco) and a couple were still perfect.
When NET was good, it was great. Very unique and tasty juices. It might still be, don't know.
One thing that bothered me was that Clay, the owner/mixer was always really responsive to emails. He was quick to answer questions or suggest his favorites. My last order, as I mentioned, a couple of years ago, had a plastic bottle which had a broken something, don't recall. I emailed them, and heard nothing whatever. Not a good thing.

When all this comes up, I usually can't help myself and reply with a rant post. As good as those juices were, I decided to move on and haven't regretted it a single minute since. So these days, I'm not angry and offended by what N.E.T. turned into but just sad it came to this. To me it's high level irony. Juice companies are dropping left and right due to the FDA but here we have one that's done just as much damage to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread