Kangertech Ni200 coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
I have been vaping for 6 years, and kangertech and joyetech are my favorites and I do vape the ni200 coils but with TC mods, actually I just started vaping my kangertech tank with the ni200 on joyetech ego one Vt but I vape on the Ni setting so my question is, do you think it's ok to vape with these ni200 coils, I love them the flavor is amazing and I know in 2015 I heard alot of stories about not vaping with nickel but I'm wondering if it's just dangerous if you vape a nickel coil in wattage mode then it can be dangerous. So please any opinions or advice would be great! Thanks

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I'm not familiar with that particular device, but my understanding is that, as long as you don't have a nickel allergy, it should be safe to use Ni coils in Ni mode. The problem comes, for the rest of us, when an oxide layer forms on top of the metal, which occurs at moderate temperatures. Using the appropriate temperature-control mode for nickel wire keeps the temperature below these levels and prevents or at least slows the formation of this oxide layer.

Nickel was the first TC (temperature-control) wire because it was the easiest to implement due to its high TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) value; these days, devices are capable of detecting the smaller resistance changes in SS (stainless steel) wire, and many people prefer that wire for TC vaping because it can be used with or without temperature-control, and doesn't pose the same health hazard when brought up to higher temperatures.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
I'm not familiar with that particular device, but my understanding is that, as long as you don't have a nickel allergy, it should be safe to use Ni coils in Ni mode. The problem comes, for the rest of us, when an oxide layer forms on top of the metal, which occurs at moderate temperatures. Using the appropriate temperature-control mode for nickel wire keeps the temperature below these levels and prevents or at least slows the formation of this oxide layer.

Nickel was the first TC (temperature-control) wire because it was the easiest to implement due to its high TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) value; these days, devices are capable of detecting the smaller resistance changes in SS (stainless steel) wire, and many people prefer that wire for TC vaping because it can be used with or without temperature-control, and doesn't pose the same health hazard when brought up to higher temperatures.
I vape them in watt mode and haven't died yet.
Well that makes me feel better

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay

Thank you. I have the SS but the flavor just taste better with my Nickel (crazy) I try not to listen to all the negative stuff people say about vaping because I figure no matter what it's still better then going back to the stinky cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread