Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The large hole or small hole rba makes no real difference in the Toptank. Both work fine and the tank can be drained with the small hole one just fine.

The 1/2 ML difference in fill is more than made up for with the ability to fill from the top vs the stm. The bubble glass available that fits makes the Toptank hold more than an STM if that is an issue.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
The large hole or small hole rba makes no real difference in the Toptank. Both work fine and the tank can be drained with the small hole one just fine.

The 1/2 ML difference in fill is more than made up for with the ability to fill from the top vs the stm. The bubble glass available that fits makes the Toptank hold more than an STM if that is an issue.
It appears that I gave up on the TT with the RBA too quickly. Good to know as my wife still uses them (and we have a lot of them), but she uses drop in coils.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

I have a bubble tank coming to try. I don't really need it, I switch flavors enough and my TTs are on single battery mods so I doubt if they battery can out run the stock tank.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
It appears that I gave up on the TT with the RBA too quickly
Its the thinning of the wicking especially using rayon. I wick my STM almost exactly the way I wicked my kayfuns and have never had a leaking issue. Cutting the wick a bit longer than needed so I can pull some back into the coil not to have the last wrap partially exposed. I then blow onto the end and make a flower then cut off the lower 1/3 of the flower, pre juicing the wick then making a waterfall and make sure there is no rouge strands getting pulled down when setting the chimney. Some poking and prauding to have the wick sit nice infront of the hole with all fibers straight and no loose hairs touching anything that can cause a taste.
I have never noticed or had a concern about vaping the atty dry to worry about the juice hole height. As a rule of my thumb once the top of the RBA becomes exposed its fill time.
My only kinda con with the STM is being able to put larger ID or multi core clapton into it, the airflow is hindered enough that burning the build can be quite easy.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Its the thinning of the wicking especially using rayon. I wick my STM almost exactly the way I wicked my kayfuns and have never had a leaking issue. Cutting the wick a bit longer than needed so I can pull some back into the coil not to have the last wrap partially exposed. I then blow onto the end and make a flower then cut off the lower 1/3 of the flower, pre juicing the wick then making a waterfall and make sure there is no rouge strands getting pulled down when setting the chimney. Some poking and prauding to have the wick sit nice infront of the hole with all fibers straight and no loose hairs touching anything that can cause a taste.
I have never noticed or had a concern about vaping the atty dry to worry about the juice hole height. As a rule of my thumb once the top of the RBA becomes exposed its fill time.
My only kinda con with the STM is being able to put larger ID or multi core clapton into it, the airflow is hindered enough that burning the build can be quite easy.

Yeah, agree with ya on the post spread. Wish there was a bit more of a deck. Rather stout like the new Protank "Apollo" type. No loss if bottom fed. In fact more runtime. Seldom vape lower than the top on the side juice hole rba. Prefer the original 3-part OCC. Worked well for me with rayon but prefer the first rba by far with all wicks.
But if any of y'all have any of those first OCC's, pls pm and send me a big batch! Use 'em to start new vapers.

Good luck all, and enjoy the fact we're still vapin this 4th. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
With all this talk about the STM and TTM, I poked thru the Not Used In Awhile section of my Vape Shelf and dug out this...

5591600-10.jpg

$16.56 Authentic Wotofo Serpent Sub Tank Clearomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have a couple of those myself. Not a bad vape but doesn't hold enough liquid for me. I felt like I was constantly filling it.

:)

eta and the rba took up more room in the tank than its standard stock coil that also reduced the amount of juice.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have a couple of those myself. Not a bad vape but doesn't hold enough liquid for me. I felt like I was constantly filling it.

:)

eta and the rba took up more room in the tank than its standard stock coil that also reduced the amount of juice.

Yeah... That Serpent Sub is kinda like a TopTank Mini Mini.

Nice if you are just running a Short Errand or two. But not something I would choose if I am going to be gone for awhile.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
You had given me the idea of having the extras when I first started building and I started that way from the beginning. I always keep a bunch premade and I carry one with me --always. Just like having drop-in coils...lol. Seriously it is very easy that way..... I've tried the dry burning and now will do it once or twice. (I am always chicken that I am going to set off my smoke alarm so I open the window and dry burn right by the screen --wonder what the neighbors (if they can see me), think I am doing.)

Usually, I just remove the coil and just pop in a new premade one. For the one I removed I throw out the coil and cotton and put it in its certain spot that I use and then once a week or even 2 - I build a few more. With as many as I have and have ordered, I could probably go for a month or longer without having to build.

I did have a few rba pieces go bad -- some original some not. I just ordered a few more and look at it as the price for having the rba. Besides, they are not too expensive and I would rather have a lot of them.

Just redid the pile of used ones today. Good for a few weeks. Have about 5 others in tanks rotating around on flavors.
IMG_1614.jpg

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Daiso a Japanese store that has an outlet here. They are like an old Woolworth type dime store setup except almost everything is $1.50. They are online but don't know what they have there. May have other locations in the US.

Daiso Japan Online Store

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Those are quaint containers for the stuff...
I'm no where near that enthusiastic to rebuild ahead that far. Its been over 5 years building coils and the novelty of both creating fancy builds and sitting down to rebuild has worn off. I can tootle puff my 29/34 1.4Ω clapton for several weeks and the build has to be well cooked before I sit down to rewick/build the atty. Same with nasty subohm building.....just a phase thats nice to be able to revisit anytime I want too.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I wasn't expecting rba flavor but the the vertical coils don't have nearly as good a flavor as the square horizontal. I've pif'd all my Kanger tanks and parts so will have to start the collection from scratch again. Did find a Cleito bubble glass which is nice. Thought those were all gone too.
I like the square ones better too. I have about 5 of them put away because they also fit the nanos. I did see a link somewhere for the square horizontal ones -- if I see it I will post it because I'd like to grab some of those too. I used to even rewick those.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I like the square ones better too. I have about 5 of them put away because they also fit the nanos. I did see a link somewhere for the square horizontal ones -- if I see it I will post it because I'd like to grab some of those too. I used to even rewick those.
Beamslider found some at GB. IIRC they were pricey

• Agree
Reactions: chellie

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Good replacement drip tip for the toptank. Teflon tip and a little longer with slightly smaller bore. Nice cool vape from it.

$2.33 Stainless Steel + Teflon 510 Drip Tip - 21.5mm / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

IMG_1610.jpg

This one is also a good fit. But looks kind of weird as it is white.

$8.24 PTFE 510 DripTip (6-Pack) 6-pack - 19.6mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
That's pretty nice. Kinda reminds me of the one that comes with the protank 4. I use a longer tip that rotates so I like the height. Thanks.

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread