Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I am very happy with the toptank mini. I use 2 on daily basis and have one brand new one put away. I've mentioned before that I prebuild the RDA's (5 of them) so it is like having the convenience of drop in coils. I have a TFV4 mini and I use the RCA rba piece. I go through a ton of juice with the TFV4. OK if I am home and can constantly refill but not that convenient if I am out and about since I vape a lot. I even bought the subvod mega because that battery fits the toptank perfectly. It is not adjustable and built in but it does temp and wattage. I keep it in a case as sort of an emergency double backcup battery. I also have a brand new protank 4 put away and do have another RTA tank that I use with a larger capacity but overall I stick with the toptank.

The only thing I want to add to my rotation is one of the DNA mods -- probably a DNA75 so I have been looking around.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Here's a closeout on DNA 75 Kanger K1 stablized wood. Nice sturdy dna 75 mod and good price at $70 shipped.

Not the 75C color but really nice single battery mod. Great companion for Top Tank Mini

Kanger K1 Stabilized Wood DNA 75 Mod **CLEARANCE**

KANGER_k1_wood_dna_75-1__11341.1524081279.jpg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Some of my drifting off the kanger path was the TFV4, very frustrating atty using the RBA with its random dumping of juice and constant dryhitting led me to shelve it before tossing it into a wall then considered it wasted money. It was when I discovered thinning of tails with rayon I revisited the TFV4 and its like a miracle was bestowed upon it. No leaking, dumping and hit after hit of great vape. Merlin was another atty so I could dwell into fatter multiwire builds but it seeped and seeped badly and I wasn't risking a expensive hitter getting fried by a cheap unthought out atty. It still sits and is considered wasted money. The couple jurassic drippers I have bought several years ago were just mess making units so never and still not really considering a dripper when I can build great cloudz in my STM and have no mess. Cartos and gennys were epic failures for me and gave all the equipment away so it can frustrate someone else.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Thank-you - you've always given me great links with the toptank. That one looks nice - I just may get it :)

Not all the same color on the stabilized wood. I got two from them for backup one is green and the other is tan color

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Bought a Toptank for nostalgia sake. Using the included .5 round coil and flavor is lacking. Do the square coils work in the Toptank? Seem to remember they do and think I saw the horizontal squares still available somewhere. I will use the rba head most of the time but would like a few boxes of coils to fall back on.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Bought a Toptank for nostalgia sake. Using the included .5 round coil and flavor is lacking. Do the square coils work in the Toptank? Seem to remember they do and think I saw the horizontal squares still available somewhere. I will use the rba head most of the time but would like a few boxes of coils to fall back on.
Yes they work just fine. :)

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Yes they do. I did find the taste a bit lacking as well unless I use the RBA. I had started with nano which does not take the rba so I've bought extra coils too. I even have 2 evod glass ones with their coils.......... Probably will never need it but it is good to have something to fall back on -- just in case.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes they do. I did find the taste a bit lacking as well unless I use the RBA. I had started with nano which does not take the rba so I've bought extra coils too. I even have 2 evod glass ones with their coils.......... Probably will never need it but it is good to have something to fall back on -- just in case.
I wasn't expecting rba flavor but the the vertical coils don't have nearly as good a flavor as the square horizontal. I've pif'd all my Kanger tanks and parts so will have to start the collection from scratch again. Did find a Cleito bubble glass which is nice. Thought those were all gone too.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Some of my drifting off the kanger path was the TFV4, very frustrating atty using the RBA with its random dumping of juice and constant dryhitting led me to shelve it before tossing it into a wall then considered it wasted money. It was when I discovered thinning of tails with rayon I revisited the TFV4 and its like a miracle was bestowed upon it. No leaking, dumping and hit after hit of great vape. Merlin was another atty so I could dwell into fatter multiwire builds but it seeped and seeped badly and I wasn't risking a expensive hitter getting fried by a cheap unthought out atty. It still sits and is considered wasted money. The couple jurassic drippers I have bought several years ago were just mess making units so never and still not really considering a dripper when I can build great cloudz in my STM and have no mess. Cartos and gennys were epic failures for me and gave all the equipment away so it can frustrate someone else.
I had mentioned that I like Kanger -- I think I feel comfortable with their products because that is what I started with. I now have the top tank nanos and their boxes put away and have been primarily using the toptank mini. For me, with the rba it works great - holds a decent amount of juice and does not leak. It's easy to use and dependable. I purchased the mini c which they billed as the successor to the subtank/toptank and I can't see why they billed it that way - small tank, the box is wattage only and no rba. it does have great flavor though.

I have two toptanks that I use daily -- one on the box that came with it and the other one on the mini-c box. Since I mainly use wattage both work fine.

I have been looking at other tanks and boxes and started with tanks first. I decided I wanted one that is either straight RTA or one that takes both coils and an rba piece. I purchased the TFV4 mini and I like it but I am constantly filling it so I cleaned it up and put back in stash. I did learn the thinning of the wicks as well and I had no leaking after I figured that out. I purchased a Geekvape 25mm rta that holds 6ml of juice and I really it - nice taste and no leaking. It's a little too big for the mini so I purchased a 3 battery istick 200 watt huge box on sale just to test out all the different tanks.

I've decided that I want to find an RTA or RBA that holds at least 6mm and is top or side filling. After I find something that I really like then I have received a few suggestions for a DNA75 box.

Then I should be good for a bit!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I wasn't expecting rba flavor but the the vertical coils don't have nearly as good a flavor as the square horizontal. I've pif'd all my Kanger tanks and parts so will have to start the collection from scratch again. Did find a Cleito bubble glass which is nice. Thought those were all gone too.
I really liked the horizontal, too and I kept buying them until I could no longer find them. They were easy to rewick as well.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I recently dusted my STM's off for nostalgia and now have 3 back in rotation. Just a great no nonsense tank that's easy to build.:)

I never stopped using them except for TopTank. I cleaned up and put my last STM away yesterday (to replace with a TT I found laying without a mod). Only now with topflow air has anything got my attention, and even then I imagine 3 (or 5 if you count the VW that doesn't get used much) of my single battery mods will continue having TopTanks on them as long as they live.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I had mentioned that I like Kanger -- I think I feel comfortable with their products because that is what I started with. I now have the top tank nanos and their boxes put away and have been primarily using the toptank mini. For me, with the rba it works great - holds a decent amount of juice and does not leak. It's easy to use and dependable. I purchased the mini c which they billed as the successor to the subtank/toptank and I can't see why they billed it that way - small tank, the box is wattage only and no rba. it does have great flavor though.

I have two toptanks that I use daily -- one on the box that came with it and the other one on the mini-c box. Since I mainly use wattage both work fine.

I have been looking at other tanks and boxes and started with tanks first. I decided I wanted one that is either straight RTA or one that takes both coils and an rba piece. I purchased the TFV4 mini and I like it but I am constantly filling it so I cleaned it up and put back in stash. I did learn the thinning of the wicks as well and I had no leaking after I figured that out. I purchased a Geekvape 25mm rta that holds 6ml of juice and I really it - nice taste and no leaking. It's a little too big for the mini so I purchased a 3 battery istick 200 watt huge box on sale just to test out all the different tanks.

I've decided that I want to find an RTA or RBA that holds at least 6mm and is top or side filling. After I find something that I really like then I have received a few suggestions for a DNA75 box.

Then I should be good for a bit!
I'm liking the Engine II, dual coil, 5ml. Bit of a learning curve to build and forgiving wicking. The new single coil Intake by Augvape is getting some buzz. I'm holding out for an Engine Nano II to be released for now.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I'm liking the Engine II, dual coil, 5ml. Bit of a learning curve to build and forgiving wicking. The new single coil Intake by Augvape is getting some buzz. I'm holding out for an Engine Nano II to be released for now.
Thanks - I will check them out. The toptank and the TFV4 are easy for me to build on - just tuck the wire in behind the screw head. The Geekvape one is velocity style and that was easier than I thought. Thx

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The toptank and the TFV4 are easy for me to build on

I mainly put up with the TFV4s for the larger vertical build area, and the full size for the added volume. Except for my RX200 (because I don't use it much) the last of my large TFV4s in use will be retired as soon as FastTech gets my Zeus here.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

JMO

But the Newer Kanger Coil-Heads were part of the Bigger Clouds vs. Flavor wave that consumed many products of that era.

You had a Lot of OEM's offering "Cloud Chaser" Tanks at the time. And Kanger probably felt that they were Falling Farther Behind if they didn't move the way the other OEM's were moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread