Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I busted out the old kayfun after a month straight with the st mini. I was like, "Hello old friend!" I took a few toots, savored the vapor of the last draw, and reflected for a moment. When I was done reflecting I blurted out, "You suck!" My wife asked, "What did I do?". After I explained my situation I put the kayfun away.

I feel the same way... Sad isn't it... the kayfun was such a good vape too. But I just can't use it anymore now that I've started doing direct lung hits

just received my 3rd subtank mini today, and this one has dual air flow channels . When did they upgrade that?

perhaps you got a subtank plus? i know those have dual air slots

did the box say mini? maybe it did get an upgrade, if so i'm glad i held off on buying a second one

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I still swap back and forth. Kinda feel like I gotta use each device at least once a day to justify their existence in my budget. That's switching from a Kanger Subtank Mini through an Aspire Atlantis and Nautilus to a Lemo, and a couple Aspire BDC tanks and on to a Kayfun clone before hitting a genny or two and a carto. Even so, I will readily admit that my Kanger get's the most lovin'

Reactions: MacTechVpr

rowsley

Ultra Member
Jan 26, 2015
Celina, Ohio
@rowsley: How is the noise due to airflow with the new base? Is it quieter than with the cyclops base?
Yea, I would say it's a bit quieter than the cyclops. I mean you can still hear it but comparing each, the cyclops makes more of a slight whistle noise. Its very little of a difference though.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Hey all!
For the most part I've been having pretty good luck with the rba on my mini. The dilemma I have is most likely operator error.

Being relatively new to rebuilding I have never really let a coil get gunked up before ripping it out and trying something new. Well, I finally made a coil that worked well and didn't want to change it when it gunked up so I dry burned it and rinsed. So far so good. About a half hour later I got burnt juice/gunked coil taste again. The coil I had just cleaned was black and crusted up in the middle two wraps. Dry burn/rinse again.
This morning I started getting the burnt juice taste again and the middle wraps are gunky again.

The coil was glowing just as evenly as when I first put it in. Same juice, same power. What gives?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hey all!
For the most part I've been having pretty good luck with the rba on my mini. The dilemma I have is most likely operator error.

Being relatively new to rebuilding I have never really let a coil get gunked up before ripping it out and trying something new. Well, I finally made a coil that worked well and didn't want to change it when it gunked up so I dry burned it and rinsed. So far so good. About a half hour later I got burnt juice/gunked coil taste again. The coil I had just cleaned was black and crusted up in the middle two wraps. Dry burn/rinse again.
This morning I started getting the burnt juice taste again and the middle wraps are gunky again.

The coil was glowing just as evenly as when I first put it in. Same juice, same power. What gives?

Wicking too thin is my first guess, causing a hot coil.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
Hey all!

I was having the same sort of issue, unless I happened to wick the rba absolutely perfectly, I would have issues with burning taste and not getting the cotton saturated enough...I ended up taking a mini hack saw and carefully running a few strokes in each juice flow slot, smoothing and slightly deepening the slot. I did this with minimal force, just holding it in my hand with a handyman glove on...works much better now, and a little more forgiving of the wicking.

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
Comment: Hello Sweet-Vapes,

I recently just placed an order on April 15, 2015, Order #100037257. One of the items in that order was the Subtank Mini Insulator, SKU# sv-kt-si. Two insulators came in the package, both of them are different but neither of them will fit or work. I actually purchased my Subtank Mini from you a month ago so I know I have an authentic one. I opened up my RBA base and my insulator is actually two separate pieces. I took a photograph but this message contact form does not support images. I am not upset or disappointed in any way, I absolutely love you guys since finding you. I purchased the spare insulator as a backup so there is no rush to fix this problem. I will definitely be placing another order with you within the next month or less so you can send the correct one in my next order. Or you can put them in a 49 cents stamped envelope. Or you can suggest something entirely different, I'm open to any options. I'm also just a little confused as to why the two you sent me are different from each other and why mine is different from them? How many versions of the Kanger RBA base are there? Did I accidentally get ones for the full sized Subtank? I don't own the full sized one so I can't check. Anyway, I look forward to hearing back from you. I absolutely love you guys! Your shipping is always ridiculously fast, your prices are extremely competitive, you have a fantastic selection. I will be a customer with you for a long time!
_______
Subject: Contact Form
Date: Fri, Apr 17, 2015 8:50 PM

HI Cameron,
Can you send me a quick photo of the insulator and the bag that it came in? There are a few different versions of the subtank rba base but they all take the same insulator. The mini bases take the mini insulator and the large base takes the large insulator.

Vape Safe!
Tyler
_______
Hey Tyler,

Thank you for getting back to me same day, you guys are awesome! As far as I know, there are only two different Kanger RBA bases at the moment, the Mini's and the full size V1's. And if I'm not mistaken, I think they started using the Mini RDA in the new V2 Plus version, which is great if true! I definitely made it a point to order the Mini insulator though because I don't own either versions of the full size. I can definitely attach some photos of the issues though.

The two on the bag they came in are the ones you just sent me. My original one is to the right of my disassembled RDA. I'm not a professional photographer, lol, so I took four different pictures for you. I hope they are helpful.

Thanks again for getting back to me so soon!
_______
Subject: Contact Form
Date: Mon, Apr 20, 2015 9:46 PM

Hi Cameron,
The insulators for the large subtank come in a labeled bag, the mini insulators come in the bag in your photo. Try everything you can think of, the insulators go "tube down" and the piece that extends from the tube insulates the positive block from the rest of the base.

Vape Safe!
Tyler
_______
IMAG0536.jpg
IMAG0538.jpg
IMAG0539.jpg
IMAG0540.jpg

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
IMAG0543.jpg
IMAG0544.jpg
IMAG0545.jpg

Has anyone else purchased the Mini insulators for their Mini RBA from Sweet-Vapes and had any success?

Also, does anyone know of any other place to "buy" replacement insulators for the Kanger Subtank Mini?

I have three Kanger Subtank Mini's and they all have the two piece tan insulators, does anyone with a Mini RBA have only a one piece insulator in it?

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
View attachment 427875
View attachment 427876
View attachment 427878

Has anyone else purchased the Mini insulators for their Mini RBA from Sweet-Vapes and had any success?

Also, does anyone know of any other place to "buy" replacement insulators for the Kanger Subtank Mini?

I have three Kanger Subtank Mini's and they all have the two piece tan insulators, does anyone with a Mini RBA have only a one piece insulator in it?

That looks like the full sized insulator to me..... Must have been miss packaged :p

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
View attachment 427875
View attachment 427876
View attachment 427878

I bought replacement insulators for the STmini from Kanger, they are the two piece tan ones.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
I bought replacement insulators for the STmini from Kanger, they are the two piece tan ones.

That seemed like a logical place to look but this is what I got, lol.
_______
I wrote:

Hello, I am looking to purchase the two piece tan insulators for the Kanger Subtank Mini RBA heads. I tried searching your website for them but I could only find the non-mini version. Thank you for your time.
_______
Received From Kangertechus - Sales (sales@kangertechus.com)

Please visit KangerTech US Electronic Cigarettes - Kanger Official Website for parts.
_______

So, I simply got redirected to a site I had already visited and even mentioned in my message that the item I was looking for wasn't listed, lol

Can you tell me how you went about getting yours ThunderDan?

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
I took about 2 years off from vaping and took up vaping ryo tobacco using a Pax (and now a Pax2). Vaping tobacco is definitely better than analogs, but my lungs lately are a bit weathered from it. Anyways, I just picked up a mini and fired it up with the stock 0.5 ohm coil and wow, this thing blows away all my old Kayfuns,etc. heh...pretty amazin how things have progressed since my time off! Def looking forward to building my own coil with this thing, and also trying out a couple of other sub ohm tanks. Any recommendations?

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I took about 2 years off from vaping and took up vaping ryo tobacco using a Pax (and now a Pax2). Vaping tobacco is definitely better than analogs, but my lungs lately are a bit weathered from it. Anyways, I just picked up a mini and fired it up with the stock 0.5 ohm coil and wow, this thing blows away all my old Kayfuns,etc. heh...pretty amazin how things have progressed since my time off! Def looking forward to building my own coil with this thing, and also trying out a couple of other sub ohm tanks. Any recommendations?

Welcome back. STmini offers great flavor and good vapor around 20-35W, but some of the newer high wattage sub ohm tanks are fun if you have an appropriate mod to handle them.

There are so many now, but some of the notable higher wattage ones are the Arctic, Atlantis v2, Herakles, Matrix, Starre, VCT Pro. Pbusardo did a showdown video a week or so ago if you want to see his thoughts / opinions on them, or check out some other reviews to see them in action.

Reactions: tim_man

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
Thanks for the suggestion. I did pick up a 70 watt ipv mini 2 to fire the mini sub ohm at about 30 watts. Great flavor and massive clouds. I'll take a look at Pbusardo's review.

Welcome back. STmini offers great flavor and good vapor around 20-35W, but some of the newer high wattage sub ohm tanks are fun if you have an appropriate mod to handle them.

There are so many now, but some of the notable higher wattage ones are the Arctic, Atlantis v2, Herakles, Matrix, Starre, VCT Pro. Pbusardo did a showdown video a week or so ago if you want to see his thoughts / opinions on them, or check out some other reviews to see them in action.

Favotank

Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread