Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Wondering which gives better flavor, kanthal or SS316. I’ve been using kanthal in my Profile 1.5’s. Really like the mesh rda’s. Never tried temp control but might like too. Opinions are very welcomed.
Small differences but for me SS has a cleaner, crisper taste than Kanthal. Kanthal tastes kind of fuzzy. My fav is Ni80, mainly for its faster ramp-up time.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Beer from a can tastes different, because the can is filled with boiling or (at least hot) beer, while beer in glass bottles is bottled cold. The extra heating process changes the flavor profile of the canned beer. The change in flavor has nothing to do with the material of the bottle/can.
Beer or any fluid in plastic containers however will take on the flavor of the plasticizers eventually.

Most Mass-Produced Beers sold in America are Pasteurized. Be it in a Can, Bottle, or Keg.

There are a Few notable Exceptions. Like what I Primarily Drank when I drank beer.

Coors Light
Adolph Coors established his brewery in the Rockies in the 1870s. In 1978, Coors Light was born in the breathtaking Rocky Mountains, a setting that continues to inspire our brewing today. Coors Light is always lagered below freezing and cold-filtered, resulting in brilliant clarity, and a clean, crisp taste. Coors Light is bottled cold and never heat pasteurized, which means you get the ultimate in cold refreshment, every time.

Ingredients: Water, Barley Malt, Corn Syrup (Dextrose), Yeast, Hop Extract

Coors Brewing Company | Molson Coors

Objectively the coil material itself cannot have any impact on the flavor.
Neither SS316l, nor Kanthal or Ni80 transfer anything into the juice that could change the flavor and they don't even act as a catalyst for any chemical reactions.

If you say so. I Don't Believe that. But if You do, that's Cool.

Human psychology is a weird thing however, because prejudice and expectation can change one's sensory impressions dramatically. ...

Very True. But that Doesn't Rule Out that using a Different Wire Alloy for a Coil Can't Alter the Taste of the Hit one gets.

Or that a given Alloy works/taste Better for the Settings a user wants to use in a given Atomizer.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Small differences but for me SS has a cleaner, crisper taste than Kanthal. Kanthal tastes kind of fuzzy. My fav is Ni80, mainly for its faster ramp-up time.

I actually prefer NiChrome 80 in an RTA (allbeit it is about a Tossup to SS) which is typically a 1.1 Ohm Single Coil hit at 12 ~ 15 Watts.

But for an rda, 316 SS is my Clear Favorite.

Reactions: tnt56

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Most Mass-Produced Beers sold in America are Pasteurized. Be it in a Can, Bottle, or Keg.

There are a Few notable Exceptions. Like what I Primarily Drank when I drank beer.

Coors Light
Adolph Coors established his brewery in the Rockies in the 1870s. In 1978, Coors Light was born in the breathtaking Rocky Mountains, a setting that continues to inspire our brewing today. Coors Light is always lagered below freezing and cold-filtered, resulting in brilliant clarity, and a clean, crisp taste. Coors Light is bottled cold and never heat pasteurized, which means you get the ultimate in cold refreshment, every time.

Ingredients: Water, Barley Malt, Corn Syrup (Dextrose), Yeast, Hop Extract

Coors Brewing Company | Molson Coors
True. Compared to german beer, american beer has the quality of urine, but even german standard beer is pasteurized. But that's not the point. Canned beer is filled up differently and with a different temperature than bottled beer, hence the difference in taste.

If you say so. I Don't Believe that. But if You do, that's Cool.
You can believe whatever you want. But physics and chemistry have nothing to do with belief.

Very True. But that Doesn't Rule Out that using a Different Wire Alloy for a Coil Can't Alter the Taste of the Hit one gets.

Or that a given Alloy works/taste Better for the Settings a user wants to use in a given Atomizer.
Right. I won't deny that.
After all the human psychology is prone to defy scientific evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread