Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Ever looking up and to the east, the Sun always rises on a new set of Opportunities and the slate of the past wiped clean and anew :)
I saw a show a loooong time ago about hypnotizing people and telling them they have no past, no future, or both. Having no future freed them. Having no past didn't. They no longer had a foundation to tell them who they were so that they could function.

We need that foundation. However, it doesn't have to be a totally true foundation. Too untrue would be like shifting sands. But, re-interpreted truth works quite well. So, wipe the slate clean of interpretations that cause guilt or any other debilitating result. That'll work!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I saw a show a loooong time ago about hypnotizing people and telling them they have no past, no future, or both. Having no future freed them.

One of my many uncles, this one who never made it out of 10th grade, once opened what became a multi-million dollar business, with absolutely no money in his pocket.

I asked him what drove him to take such a chance. He said, "I was too stupid to know better, and never learned that you can't do that."

I'm not sure I'd want to live all of my steps the same way, but it was a lesson learned (somewhat to your point).

Here's to all those who've persevered and won, and particularly to Mr. Buss today. :toast:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ever looking up and to the east, the Sun always rises on a new set of Opportunities and the slate of the past wiped clean and anew :)

Nailed it (!), Hitsy. I look up and to the east many a time and oft. Like daily, or thereabouts. ;)

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
<—-still waiting, arms folded, tapping toe impatiently for the TAC drop.

E. Buss posted about 6 hours ago the TAC’s are in, and will be prepped over the weekend for sales beginning next week.

Also in a recent interview he disclosed the TAC will be a TC capable mod with breath and pulse fire settings. Honestly, I’m a bit disappointed. Was loving the appeal of a simple, bare bones VW mod. But, for every disappointed entropy1049 there are about 15 overjoyed TC users, so most likely a good marketing call. But I’m still kind of saddened.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
<—-still waiting, arms folded, tapping toe impatiently for the TAC drop.

E. Buss posted about 6 hours ago the TAC’s are in, and will be prepped over the weekend for sales beginning next week.

Also in a recent interview he disclosed the TAC will be a TC capable mod with breath and pulse fire settings. Honestly, I’m a bit disappointed. Was loving the appeal of a simple, bare bones VW mod. But, for every disappointed entropy1049 there are about 15 overjoyed TC users, so most likely a good marketing call. But I’m still kind of saddened.

I wasn't sure if he was talking about the TAC, or a different something.

I reckon we'll find out soon enough. Here - I brought enough to share...

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:...

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I'm almost positive that the TAC21 is not a TC capable Device and in keeping with the Dbl Barrel basic VW "K.I.S.S." Design philosophy. Bet good money it is exactly as you want and as it's been portrayed to be from the start of the Teasers.
But hell,,, I could be wrong so don't take it to the Bank.
I bet heavy on the Bills 4 years in a row too o_O what a dumb-Azz :cool:

The Interview (if you referring to the one posted on the SVG FB Page and that Lady Kat linked here) was not only about the TAC21 poised to hit the horizon any time now but also some future Devices in the Planning Stages. He mentioned a TC/VV/VW/Bypass Model in the works for later this year and even went a s far to say there is a "chance" (in hell maybe as Adm. Buss would appear to have a serious dislike for them) they may even produce a Squonker. He also talked about the Tank coming out soon (accepts both Baby Beast Coils and new ones designed and to be produced by Squid) and a RTA/RDTA? in the works.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
I'm almost positive that the TAC21 is not a TC capable Device and in keeping with the Dbl Barrel basic VW "K.I.S.S." Design philosophy. Bet good money it is exactly as you want and as it's been portrayed to be from the start of the Teasers.

The Interview (if you referring to the one posted on the SVG FB Page and that Lady Kat linked here) was not only about the TAC21 poised to hit the horizon any time now but also some future Devices in the Planning Stages. He mentioned a TC/VV/VW/Bypass Model in the works for later this year and even went a s far to say there is a "chance" (in hell maybe as Adm. Buss would appear to have a serious dislike for them) they may even produce a Squonker. He also talked about the Tank coming out soon (accepts both Baby Beast Coils and new ones designed and to be produced by Squid) and a RTA/RDTA? in the works.

I’m SOOOOO hoping you’re right and I just got my wires crossed. Which happens more frequently the older I get :D. I can’t recommend getting old. Avoid if possible.

Either way, it’s still top of my Do Want list, I just wish those damn kids would stay offa my lawn...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

That was my take too, but like you, I thought the Bills would crush the Giants, and then possibly the Skins. No comment on the other two. ;)

Since I thought I bought he DB more to look at than use, I likely won't be dipping a toe in again, but I find it impossible not to root for the guy. Maybe some of those, "Shots" things to try, me - who knows.

:vapor:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just wish those damn kids would stay offa my lawn...

:thumb: :thumbs:

ladyGet-off-my-lawn-clint.gif

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I just got my wires crossed. Which happens more frequently the older I get :D. I can’t recommend getting old. Avoid if possible.

Agreed ;)
Too Late :(
Got the Codgers Local 444 Union Card myself :unsure:

Damn Kids on my Lawn you say! :sneaky:
where's my Reading Glasses? (usually found on my head after scouring the Area for a bit)
Is The Wheel on yet?
I remember when all this was just Farm-Land (actually I do,,,, pitiful ain't it)

But, as long as I never Ever EVER say "Turn that blasted Music Down!"; it's copasetic :thumb:

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
OK! Here’s the deal. My brother in law who’s also a vaper has been waiting for the TAC release as well and keeping me posted on development as he’s way more into social media than am I. He told me last night about the interview where E. Buss had stated the TAC would be TC.

I just read the interview for myself, and my brother in law clearly misread. The TAC is (from the mouth of the creator) “200 watt, wattage only”. He did add a series bypass which is A-OK in my book, but def no TC.

Sleek, simple, sexy. Like me. When I was 20:D.

Sorry about the false alarm! Thanks for helping to clarify folks!

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
and,,,, It's Heee-errrrrr....
The Peacemaker Tank :thumbs:

Me Likey BIG-time :w00t:

*won't let me embed Vid from FB Page..... :grr:
maybe someone with a tad more Tech-savvy can

P.s. It's not listed on Squid Vapor Site for Sale yet so no Pricing yet either.
But, I'd say beyond any shadow of a doubt (unlike betting on the Bills in the SuperBowl) that one of these in Black will be inbound to Ft. Vape in the very very near future (soon as they do hit the Site).

P.p.s. Buss just put up that the Peacemaker 24mm Tank will be $29.99 ($119.99 in Kit w/Dbl Barrel v2.1 Mod-special SVG FB Price) and I think comes with extra Glass, 1 quad Squid Coil and 1 singl Squid Coil. Not sure if that is for both finishes but, that is a helluva Deal in my book. Still hold on till see Schematics and/or Vid of the total Design and Materials to be sure of that. However, given the rest of their Armory, safe to say will be sticking to the :thumbs: decision.

Last edited:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Got a new Teaser Pic up on the SVG FB Page (Same ol' close-up slightly blurred) but nothing else so far. But from that, which safe to assume is a true Production Device, it is like the DB v2.1 in Design and looks to have the same Rotary-Push Button/Switch. Gonna go out an a limb and say it's a Lock for ya entopy :thumb:

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Got a new Teaser Pic up on the SVG FB Page (Same ol' close-up slightly blurred) but nothing else so far. But from that, which safe to assume is a true Production Device, it is like the DB v2.1 in Design and looks to have the same Rotary-Push Button/Switch. Gonna go out an a limb and say it's a Lock for ya entopy :thumb:

I believe you are 100% correct. This’ll teach me to listen to my brother-in-law :D JK, he’s an awesome guy. But he did put a lump in my gut when he told me it was going to be TC.

Reactions: Hitcat44

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm throwing this here for anyone concerned about whether or not you can count on Squid to stand behind their product. I received it in a message relating to an unrelated deal I did with someone. I'm pasting it verbatim.

Anything you buy new has the newer board in it. I know because I happened to originally get an older board that had been sitting on a shelf. He had one in stock, back when I ordered two. It bonked out, Fred took it back. Mine was the last of his older boards, and obviously Squid is only shipping new boards now.

That is all.

>

Funny you mention the Double Barrel, I bought an army green 2.1 a couple of months ago, absolutely loved it, and then it died just before Christmas, got liquid down into the board. Eric was totally cool about it, need to ship it back to him (keep procrastinating) ...but he's going to install one of the new boards for me...

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So glad I stumbled onto this thread... got vape mail from Roadside this morning... I’m smitten with this mod. Battery door gave me no trouble (my one worry). The DB is the perfect pocket mod I’ve been “needing”.

Great mod, great vendor. Thumbs UP for you! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread