Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
DW wanted anther Arbor with a raised bed, for some hanging melons. I built this for her - 7-1/2' tall x 5' wide. I finished installing the diagonal braces and staining today, perhaps tomorrow will be stapling on the fencing for the vines to climb. All that will then be left is a pair of trim boards (no rush).
73149ae2aaf2628669f8026e11efcf4d.jpg
very nice. What kind of melons?

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
@Diver9543 how you been? Haven't seen you in a while :wub:
Doing OK, thanks for asking. I have been hanging out reading the posts just not being chatty. I did post a question on the front porch about steeping juice and decided that I have been doing the right thing with my juices.
Oh, also have been busy on my PS4 playing one of my favorite driving games.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I wonder if having outside cats would mess with my grandson's cat.

I had a cat years ago that was MY cat. It slept with me and ignored everyone but me. Then my brother made the cat go outside to play. The cat did not want to go outside. But, my brother put it out anyway, insisting that spending time outside was better for it.

The cat got used to outside and would never come inside again. No longer MY cat. I still fed it and all. But, it didn't care about me anymore.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I wonder if having outside cats would mess with my grandson's cat.

I had a cat years ago that was MY cat. It slept with me and ignored everyone but me. Then my brother made the cat go outside to play. The cat did not want to go outside. But, my brother put it out anyway, insisting that spending time outside was better for it.

The cat got used to outside and would never come inside again. No longer MY cat. I still fed it and all. But, it didn't care about me anymore.
:cry:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Sometimes I don't like my life. I have been using a Fuchai mod while I am working in the yard, it's a nice mod, easy to use and I like how it fits in my hand. It is one that I am not worried about dropping while working outside. Last night I cleaned the coil and put in new KJD cotton. This afternoon I was working in the yard and it wasn't giving me the throat hit I have come to enjoy. I took a break and came inside to figure out what the problem was. I finally thought that the cotton was too tight in the coil since I had opened the base and the cotton wasn't wicking as it should. I pulled out the cotton and replaced it with a bit thinner piece of cotton. Primed the new cotton and put it all back together. I got a couple good hits and then it did the same thing again, no throat hit and very little vapor. I grabbed the dna mod that I didn't want to take outside. I didn't want to use it and take a chance of breaking it. That was why I was using the Fuchai mod. I sat here and was trying to figure out why the Fuchai wasn't wicking right. I looked at it again and DOH! I took off the top and filled it with juice. Problem solved.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If anyone would like an Exceed Edge, let me know.

It's a 650mAh podlike setup.

I've got the Edge, 4 unused pods, and 4 1.2 ohm heads (that's why I call it podlike - it uses a pod but has replaceable heads).

With the 1.2 ohm heads it's a decidedly cool vaping MTL setup. They also make a 0.5 ohm head, but I didn't pick them up.

Straight PIF, mod looking for a home.

(It's available for anyone, not just thread regulars, if someone would like it.)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
For at least the last year and a half, I have been making cold brew coffee for my daughter. I can't tell ya how many glasses I have had but I haven't had any for at least a year. Today I fixed me a tall glass of iced coffee with some of her French Vanilla creamer. Oh, my! I need to do this more than just once a year. If anyone is interested, I use a gallon plastic pitcher and add 3 cups of course ground coffee beans then continue filling the pitcher with filtered cold water. I put it in the fridge and allow it to brew for a couple days. I stir it whenever I think of it. After it has brewed I have an old handkerchief I put in a colander and pour the coffee through it. I then pour it back in the pitcher and keep it in the fridge. The coffee will last her at least a week. Yes, I spoil my daughter.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If anyone would like an Exceed Edge, let me know.

It's a 650mAh podlike setup.

I've got the Edge, 4 unused pods, and 4 1.2 ohm heads (that's why I call it podlike - it uses a pod but has replaceable heads).

With the 1.2 ohm heads it's a decidedly cool vaping MTL setup. They also make a 0.5 ohm head, but I didn't pick them up.

Straight PIF, mod looking for a home.

(It's available for anyone, not just thread regulars, if someone would like it.)
I'm still trying to get my brother back into vaping. Why don't YOU use the Edge? Does it work well?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
For at least the last year and a half, I have been making cold brew coffee for my daughter. I can't tell ya how many glasses I have had but I haven't had any for at least a year. Today I fixed me a tall glass of iced coffee with some of her French Vanilla creamer. Oh, my! I need to do this more than just once a year. If anyone is interested, I use a gallon plastic pitcher and add 3 cups of course ground coffee beans then continue filling the pitcher with filtered cold water. I put it in the fridge and allow it to brew for a couple days. I stir it whenever I think of it. After it has brewed I have an old handkerchief I put in a colander and pour the coffee through it. I then pour it back in the pitcher and keep it in the fridge. The coffee will last her at least a week. Yes, I spoil my daughter.
What a wonderful Dad you are!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'm still trying to get my brother back into vaping. Why don't YOU use the Edge? Does it work well?
I run 30w, 3mg, restricted lung. The Edge setup is too cool and restricted (it's honest mtl) for me. It would undoubtedly be a warmer vape switching to the 0.5 ohm coils, though the 1.2 ohm are likely good for a new person or someone who likes cool.

Net, the Edge is a simple setup, easy to use, works well at what it does. The pod mouthpiece is very well done, comfortable. The form factor is nice, it's fairly compact (though not as small as the tiny 250 - 350 mAh pods). Not for me, though I'm glad I tried it.

I also have 100mg PG nic salt if someone wants to DIY with it. Most of a 240ml bottle of it. A buddy on another thread sent it to me to try with the Edge.

(The nic salt is super smooth. Honestly, IMO it's better for an experienced vaper; for a new person a bit of throat hit from standard nic is better.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread