Kayfun Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Because most people that shop eBay do so because they think there is no better deal out there... I just happened to notice when I was directed to the eBay site and thought, I'd seen the name of this vendor before. Googled it and whalah... As to their reputation, can't say... I think that most vendors here stateside at least deserve a chance for at least 1 purchase. You can take from that purchase and determine if they could be reputable... That is how I have found several of the vendors that i've purchased from and continue to do so as well.

Given your are vapeside and have 5 times the population of our bankrupt non european island ;), I envy your choices of retailers, vape meets, vape bars and cafes. I agree support for smaller retailers and vendors that provide quality vaping services is a good thing. The problem is most evident here with fast buck pop up shops selling Ce4s at £7 (IS$10) each and telling you a ProTank will never flood;) eBay is like a lottery with some UK sellers who drop ship or are really just buying from the dragon mark it up and sell it on with no customer service at all. It was once said this nation was nation of Shop Keepers, today it is merely a nation of poor fast buck resellers.

I would like to buy vapeside but given postage costs and custom charges sadly it actually is more expensive, welcome to our rip of nation.

Hail the almighty Yuan, Long live the dragon vapemail!

As Yoda may of said 'May the vape be you!'
Seeking the vaping nirvana since the 30th September 2013
Vape on!

Last edited:

Datalux

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Sweden
I was excited to receive one of the Kayfun Lite clones I've read about and picked up the Tobeco version off of eBay. Unfortunately one of the holes for the coil screws is stripped out and the screw doesn't engage at all, the screw literally just drops into the hole on that side. Anyone know if this is a common problem for these? Any fixes short of disassembling and re-tapping for a larger screw?

Attachments

• Base.jpg
    Base.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3,132

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Kayfun Lite Russian Clone RBA Atomizer with 2 Tanks Latest Revision 2 | eBay

I bought this clone. Not sure who its made by, but it is a pretty nice clone. The differences from the original are minor. The top of the tank doesn't meld as well as the original, the air hole is a little smaller, and I'm getting a tiny bit of leaking I didn't have with my original. It does come with a lot of spare o-rings and screws though. Overall its a great clone.

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
i've said this in other threads but here goes. i have the real (kayfun and russian) and all the clones(compulsive ). the best of all the clones is the hcigar 3.1 .it looks and feels so much like the russian that i am not convinced it isn't a russian (except they put the svoe mesto logo on it). the ehpros are both very good. the tobeco is good but not quite as good as the hcigar. they all vape pretty much the same. the russians are the best of the lot - better than the kayfuns. if i knew then what i know now i would get the russian 91% and the hcigar 3.1 . for back ups i would get the ehpros....YMMV

Do your clones or any kayfun / russian that has AFC whistle that you own?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I don't have either clone yet so this is just info I've picked up from this and other threads that might help identify which one it is between the tobeco and ehpro kfl/r91%.

Tobeco has cambered top edge like original, ehpro has sharp edge at top.
Tobeco has one piece center pin/screw like kfl, ehpro has two piece like r91%.
Tobeco threads are smooth except for a little crunchy on the chimney section, all ehpro threads are smooth.

There may more differences plus there may be clones of the clones, but I think by and large the first two things listed should help.

ghostridr

Dec 7, 2013
United States
If the stripped threading is on the positive deck, just unscrew the center pin until the positive deck comes off, then flip the deck upside down and try that side of the thread.

I was excited to receive one of the Kayfun Lite clones I've read about and picked up the Tobeco version off of eBay. Unfortunately one of the holes for the coil screws is stripped out and the screw doesn't engage at all, the screw literally just drops into the hole on that side. Anyone know if this is a common problem for these? Any fixes short of disassembling and re-tapping for a larger screw?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

Bummer! I had a similar thing happen to me with the immortalizer clone. It was a common problem for them, but I've read several threads on these clones as research before ordering, and yours is the first report on this I've seen, so I don't think it's too common with these. I'd suggest contacting the seller for a refund or replacement. First thing is take some pictures of it, even if they're not detailed enough to show down into the stripped screw hole, you can show where the problem area is.

In the meantime, and just to see how it vapes, try folding a little piece of your kanthal in a u shape and place the u down in the well, with the ends sticking out on opposite sides. You can trim the ends when done. It'll be hard to do, but the screw should bite the wire enough to hold solid, plus you can clean the wire back out when you return the unit.

jfdibutton

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a HCigar clone from Luxor mostly because I'm hoping to get it rather quickly (considering the holidays and such) and based on reviews that it is the best clone. I also ordered 2 different clones from fasttech. I ordered the KFL because it says that it ships in 3 days and I ordered the matte version of their KF 3.1. I hope the finish is close to the provari. I hope that it will show up by February, lol!!! Once I receive them I will compare.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
There's a lot of speculation that the 3.1 you have from FT is from hcigar, but that FT can't show that without setting the price to what hcigar tells them. I have absolutely no idea if there's anything to that or not.

i got mine off of e-bay, but the price seems to be creeping up especially since the real ones are so hard to get. the hcigar is definitely worth it my book- in looks and use it is identical to my russian- just wish they had left off the bogus svoe mesto logo. who knows with FT- sometimes i think they don't even know what they are selling. they put up the picture and probably have more than one supplier for popular items. i think that is why the quality varies so much. some batches are good and some meh. just a theory.....

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
There's a lot of speculation that the 3.1 you have from FT is from hcigar, but that FT can't show that without setting the price to what hcigar tells them. I have absolutely no idea if there's anything to that or not.

Good to know. Thanks. All I know is that this thing freekin rocks. It's fantastic. The threading on the plastic tank is a but tricky but not really. That's my only gripe! And it's minor. This thing vapes a dream.

AR15Keith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
well, you might regret the $, but you won't regret the vape!

I never regret the money if I get a good vape!! I also have a Tobeco KFL+ coming too. I ordered that before I found this thread. I know I can find the answer elsewhere, but what's the difference between the KFL+ and the 3.1?

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I never regret the money if I get a good vape!! I also have a Tobeco KFL+ coming too. I ordered that before I found this thread. I know I can find the answer elsewhere, but what's the difference between the KFL+ and the 3.1?

The kfl is smaller and does not have the overflow tank at the bottom. At least that is what the video i watched said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread