Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
doge" data-source="post: 11615790" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
doge said:
I have a real KFL+ and the tobeco clone. The tobeco clone is a leaky POS out of the fill screw, its almost unusable.

Anyone that has the Tobeco clone have a solution for the leaky screw?
On the FT forum, one person said they used a hone (sharpening stone) to flatten the rounded bottom of the head of the machine screw that goes into the fill hole. This let it get a tighter fit and solved the leaking issue.

You can of course also use teflon tape as someone else suggested.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
There's a lot of speculation that the 3.1 you have from FT is from hcigar, but that FT can't show that without setting the price to what hcigar tells them. I have absolutely no idea if there's anything to that or not.

Speculating on speculation!!! This is how mis-information gets around...

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Speculating on speculation!!! This is how mis-information gets around...

Hcigar ;) nice i have ordered 3 now supposed to be all different manufacturers and now they are all Tobeco/hcigar/ehpro ;) roll the dice vape the dragon!;)

We want brass damn it!

Hail the almighty Yuan, Long live the dragon vapemail!

As Yoda may of said 'May the vape be you!'
Seeking the vaping nirvana since the 30th September 2013
Vape on!

chengon

Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
United States
I ordered and received the tobeco from ebay. The vape was great, but I had a problem with it leaking from the air hole....... I guess I should have read some threads about the proper way to fill it! After filling it coreectly, it didn't leak at all. I have since rebuilt it with some 32 ga that I twisted, and made a chimney coil, and it has performed great! My 28 ga just showed up, so I will try a chimney with that. Oh, I guess I only kind of like the tobeco........ 2 more are on their way here!!!!!!:vapor:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
We want brass damn it!

FT carries another clone called the rocket,,it is chromed so imagine it is brass underneath the chrome,and they are only 13bucks too

i have a first run tobeco kayfun clone and the fill screw threads were so bad it stripped out the screw,,i sealed it up with rtv ultrablack
and have to remove the top cap to fill it now

thegcpu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
Atlanta
I have been using the Tobeco clone for a few months now and love it.I haven't had any issues with it, the 510 threads are fair but what do you want for $30.00 US. Can you tell which one it is in the pic?

Coloredtanks_zpsa4363c3a.jpg

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I have been using the Tobeco clone for a few months now and love it.I haven't had any issues with it, the 510 threads are fair but what do you want for $30.00 US. Can you tell which one it is in the pic?

Coloredtanks_zpsa4363c3a.jpg

I like the way those look on the provari. just one more week. one more week. i know i can do it. lol

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I have an original Kayfun Lite and two of the Tebeco Kayfun Lite clones. The only difference is the clones have adjustable air flow controls.
All three work exactly the same and give the same vaping experience. The parts will interchange between all three. I have to look for the air flow adjustment to see which one I am using.
I also use three Protank2's, but I am thinking about replacing them with three more of the Tebeco clones.
I use them on an Evic, a SID, a SVD, a VTR and a King Clone. I should be receiving a Poldiac clone in the next couple of days.
I build the Kayfun Lite and clones with a coil formed with 30ga and between 8 to 10 wraps with a .075 ID. I get 1.5 to 1.9 ohms with these builds. I wick with organic cotton balls or the yarn from Walmart.
The Tebeco Kayfun Lite clones came from Ebay at a cost of $39.49 with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread