Kayfun dry hits with a fresh battery in a mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo7163

Dec 30, 2013
NJ, USA
So I've been building my Russian 91 @1.1 to 1.2 ohms but always get dry hits with a fresh battery. I am using a 28g microcoil with cotton. I figure that my resistance is too low and the wick can't keep up. How much higher should I go? I am really enjoying the vape except for the dry hits. Any other input?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk HD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have a kayfun 3.1 at 0.8 ohms and a Russian 91% at 1 ohm. No burnt taste (unless I run a tank dry). You're problem is most likely with your wicking (or air flow). Try different amounts of cotton. As a general rule of thumb less is more with cotton. Make sure that your wick isn't blocking the liquid intake channels.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
You are on the right track I think. Just for SnG I setup one of my Kayfuns at 0.4ohms for a mech mod. I had to rebuild the coil several times to get the coil and wick to work well together. In my case I found the problem to be getting the juice to the coil fast enough so the cotton didn't dry hit. It took a slightly larger coil to allow for enough cotton to be able to pull the juice without being constricted by a too-tight coil.

Since the problem is occuring at full charge you must be right on the margin as far as the coil starving for juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread