Kayfun lack of TH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudshovel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
IL
I've been using my kayfun exclusively since I bought it and I love it! But recently I've noticed a lack of throat hit.. I use 28g micro @12 wraps 1.5 ohm cotton wick on an mvp2.. I'll use a wick for about 6-7 days and then dry burn the coil and rewick.. Lately it's just not giving me that umph that I need. Should I recoil more often or do you think it's my mod crapping out? Thanks

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
as most have mentioned there are things you can do to up the TH on your set up but it is quite limited because of the mod you have. at 11 watts max you just might not get what you really need with the 28g wire your using. 12 wraps of 28g is quite a bit of wire to heat with that limited power. have you tried a thinner wire at the same or higher resistance?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
i noticed that by lowering your coil to the air hole increases the throat hit. maybe you can try it.

I know everyone feels things differently but I feel the opposite. the farther away the coil is from air, the more TH is felt. same with a dripper or genesis device, the more the air hole is moved away from coil, the more noticeable the TH is.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I've been vaping the same 18 mg high pg liquid for a long time.. Haven't tried moving the coil away.. Maybe I'll try that.

You've got 18mg on a KF? That's beastly bro. Another thought that could help with TH is trying different drip tips. I've got a swivel tip that makes for a smoother vape. If one tip can make for less TH then another could make for more as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread