Kayfun lite plus dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
You cant make a dripper out, kayfun 3.1 I tried it with one metal section, removed the chimney, but when you put the top cap on, it doesn't fit, it hits the screws on the deck with no coil in it. So are the Kayfun Lite and Kayfun Nano, tank sections are taller than a Kayfun 3.1, or do you need a Kayfun Lite with Nano kit to make it a dripper. or am I missing something.

SilentJay

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denver, CO, USA
Ha, just discovered this a week or two ago before finding this thread. I've been using the full KFL+ as a dripper and it works great. I also have a nano kit on the way. I'm thinking to leave the clear section in so I can fill it down the drip-tip hole and see just enough to get it to the right level (just above the deck where the wicks normally rest in tank mode). I'm guessing the nano kit will put the clear section right at the optimal level of juice. Must hold 1.5 mls that way. Love it.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
DSC00083.jpg DSC00085.jpg DSC00087.jpg DSC00089.jpg DSC00090.jpg I got my Nano Kits, they come with a Clear Tank and a Short Chimney, the tank screws on the deck and the top cap screws in, no metal rings, I like the looks of them on the Nemesis mods they look good.

Ok I get it now, To make it a dripper you use a chimney coil and remove the chimney and its cap, and place cotton around the coil so it wicks and stills gets good air flow. I'm going to try it out, been making chimney coils out of twisted 30 gauge. It has more flavor than a twisted 28 gauge chimney coil.

Last edited:

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I made a 1.2ohm Twisted 30 gauge chimney coil, wicked the cotton around the coil, Like I normally due with my builds, I did not put the chimney and top on. I then lightly packed the pulled apart and fluffed up pieces of cotton around the coil and base to fill in the spaces, then put a some juice on the cotton till it was wet and let sit and wetted it again and let it sit, but when I tried it produced good vapor but it just didn't wick or maybe to wet. Is there a certain way you lay the cotton in around the coil. Maybe it was the fact that the cotton was dry layered in then wetted, or are you supposed to presoak the cotton, Or am I missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread