Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Ouch!

What makes you think it's the airflow screw? I've had troubles before with the KFL+ bottom tank section seeming to be fused to the base, I think it's because sometimes i'm not careful when I put on the upper tanks sections and the top. The torque over-tightens the lower bits.

I've used hot water (hottest it can get from the tape),and also using bits of rubber (e.g. cut out from a rubber glove) to get a better grip on the over-tight parts. Eventually it will come loose, keep at it. Sometime, easing up on the force will actually do the trick.

Last resort -- which I've never had to try yet, fortunately -- is two pairs of pliers, but the scratches will kill the resale value of both the KFL+ and the mod.

-- Glenn

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Is there any access to the screw from the top? If so, you could stick a drill bit in there and try to turn it a little. If not, try to pull it apart while unscrewing. If it has come out too far there may be no way to get it off without damaging something. Try wiggling and tilting the atty as much as you can while unscrewing, might get lucky. Maybe you can fit a needle or something between the two parts to turn the screw a little. In other words, fiddle around with it as much as you can stand before forcing it.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I can unscrew the tank no problem but only a quarter turn the something snags the air channel on the mod.

Make the 1/4 turn and check it with dental floss. You should be able to confirm which, if either, screw is backed out.

Could just be hung. Have you removed the cap from the mod? Check for Free play in the top Pin.
Rubber gloves have always worked for me.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I almost did the same thing but I backed it off and tightened the screw down. The stingray definitely does not like that air flow screw sticking out at all!!!

I would turn it upside down, give it a rap on the coffee table and try to unscrew it--maybe enough to get something thin in between to help with that screw?

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
I got my KFL+ stuck on my King. It would spin a little but not come off. I thought maybe a punch from the bottom of the top cap would pop it off and man was I wrong and I just ended up damaging the threads. What really worked for me and I got it from here was taking a cloth around the top cap and applying a channel lock/vise grip to it and then wrapping a towel around the base of the KFL and applying another channel lock/vise grip to it. Then rotating them opposite directions and voila it came off and not damage, except the damage I did doing it the wrong way.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Okay, have you dropped the mod? Sounds like maybe you have jumped a thread.

Remove cap from mod.
Pill center pin and lay aside
Turn Kayfun in the tighten direction as far as it will go (really tight)
Holding by the Kayfun, tap the cap down against a hard flat surface.

Now, place a coffee cup of water in the microwave for 1.5 minutes
Remove cup and place Kayfun/cap in the HOT water
Let soak for 2-3 minutes(3 is better)
Remove and unscrew with rubber gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread