Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I finally got one! Well, a clone anyway, but I think I'm liking it enough to get an actual one. We'll see if it's truly leak proof during a 2 hour commute in NYC public transportation. I'm certainly going to stop trying to take the Kracken now. I'm getting loads of flavor with a 1.3 ohm microcoil and cotton. I've been purposely leaving my mod on its side and walking with the thin upside down just to see if it leaks and so far so good. There was a slight issue with leaking through the air hole when I filled it from the top cap, but some quick googling revealed why it was and I'm using the fill port on the bottom from now on. Helps to look at directions first. I feel like my husband must feel when he needs to take apart one of the kids toys because he did it wrong and didn't read directions first. It's a pretty smart piece of engineering. Can't wait to get the hcigar. I imagine the hcigar will be better. Also, what is the average brick and mortar price for an authentic, original kayfun? The brick and mortar said they had it for $90. Is that any good for a brick and mortar? If it's low, I'm worried it'll only be a better made clone...

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
I agree with above if your kayfun has a bottom fill port that's best, if you fill from the top it will flood till you blow and clean out the air hole. As for a russian 91% 90 bucks is about right. I like my kayfun clone and have no problems.

Side note make sure the top seal on the top cap is seated good and cleaned before you seat it. If it's not in you will get flooding because of not making a good seal.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ms/515492-side-side-pics-kfl-ehpro-clone.html

Zach904

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Jax, Fl
How odd, I have the best luck filling from the top.

I have found if after 5 minutes of filling the kayfun, if it hasn't leaked (other than a little thru airflow which is fixed by gently blowing upside down) it will most likely not leak at all.... 99% of the time anyway lol. Once a blue moon I might find moisture on my pants pocket from a stubborn leak. Heat can play a factor.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Whatever clone you decide to get, look closely at the screws on the deck. My Svoe, which work brilliantly, has screws that are flat on the bottom, whereas my Black Edition (from Artemus) has rounded screws. I can't figure out why, since the rounded bottom makes it very difficult to wrap the wires. As soon as you tighten the screws the wire pops out. It's a common problem with the Blacks, but I don't know if other editions have the same type of screws. There are fixes for the screws, but I really don't like having to fix a brand new product for it to work the way it is supposed to.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I have both a Svoe and an Ehpro KFL+, and there is little difference between them, certainly not enough to make me care which one I use. I always fill it from the fill hole on the bottom; they put it there for a reason! :D Neither one of them has ever leaked, not one drop. I can toss one in my camera bag as a spare without having to worry. I have taken them from the cold into the heat, upside down, laying on their side, whatever. They have never flooded, never leaked, no dry hits, nothing but fantastic performance.

They are quickly becoming my go to tank; I plan to buy a few more.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Whatever clone you decide to get, look closely at the screws on the deck. My Svoe, which work brilliantly, has screws that are flat on the bottom, whereas my Black Edition (from Artemus) has rounded screws. I can't figure out why, since the rounded bottom makes it very difficult to wrap the wires. As soon as you tighten the screws the wire pops out. It's a common problem with the Blacks, but I don't know if other editions have the same type of screws. There are fixes for the screws, but I really don't like having to fix a brand new product for it to work the way it is supposed to.

Yeah, I definitely had some issues making sure the wires stayed put while trying to screw them down. It was worth it however. I hope the coil lasts a good long while, and that I'll only need to switch out the cotton for a bit.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I have both a Svoe and an Ehpro KFL+, and there is little difference between them, certainly not enough to make me care which one I use. I always fill it from the fill hole on the bottom; they put it there for a reason! :D Neither one of them has ever leaked, not one drop. I can toss one in my camera bag as a spare without having to worry. I have taken them from the cold into the heat, upside down, laying on their side, whatever. They have never flooded, never leaked, no dry hits, nothing but fantastic performance.

They are quickly becoming my go to tank; I plan to buy a few more.

I'm pretty sure I wound up with a Tobecco from the shop, not an Ehpro. It's actually a bit disappointing that the guys told me Ehpro. I feel like they should know which clones they're carrying, but I'm still happy with the purchase. For what it's worth, they say they are switching all their inventory to authentic as they feel clones present too many issues and they had quite a selection of authentic gear including a couple of genuine Hana mods and a ZNA. Ton of money for them, but seeing as I can't find them online... Helps that they're right here in Staten Island, and I don't have to trek into Manhattan. I think I'll buy a genuine Kayfun off them next pay check, as I can't seem to find those online either.

Hubby has his eye on it as well, so I have a feeling I won't be able to get enough of them. Once he decides he likes a certain topper, they somehow all wind up his. He'll whine and whine of problems with his current set up until I cave and give mine up. I thought the Kayfun would be too large, as he likes ego sized stuff, but apparently the hits off of this thing makes that not matter. I'm glad I decided to run down and get one immediately instead of waiting for the mail to come in. I'll need to give him one. I'll also likely need to get him the glass tank I ordered for mine. If mine works well, he's going to want that too. We haven't used any plastic on our toppers for a long time, and he's going to want to see his liquid levels as much as I do. I didn't order two of everything because I thought the size would turn him off.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Does anyone get a whistling noise from their Kayfuns? I don't mind it much, but I'm wondering if clones from another company will have this issue. If this one keeps whistling and the Hcigar doesn't, hubby will demand the Hcigar.

I have the Tobeco clone KFL+ and it does whistle, which sometimes annoys me, sometimes I barely notice. If I do find it annoying, I turn it around so I'm using my index finger rather than thumb to fire it; the air hole is on the right side, with the button facing me, for thumb use, and left side if the button is facing away. My left ear is MUCH less sensitive than my right, so the left ear barely notices it.

Also any ambient noise will tend to overwhelm the faint whistling noise. If it's very quiet in here, I notice it a lot more. If it starts to really bother me, I turn on some music, and then barely hear it at all.

Also, before I closed down the airflow (when it was wide open), there was no whistle whatever. If you like the wide-open airflow for whatever reason, you might not have any whistle. Now I have it between 1/2 and 3/4 closed, and there's a whistle, but I'd rather be annoyed by a whistle than by trying to suck air, which is what it feels like to me when it's wide open.

Just my :2c:
Andria

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I have the ES 3.1 clone (no idea which one, I didn't buy it) and there's no whistling unless there's juice getting into the air hole. I do fill from the top and will randomly get leakage out of the fill port but once I can get that stopped it doesn't leak after that. I think I have a loose fill valve that lets juice out if the vacuum isn't just perfect so I'm toying with the idea of buying another one just to see.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
To solve issues with the ''rounded'' screws,just wrap the wire around the posts one time.BTW...im having better results using 28 gauge ''twisted'' coils at 5 wraps at 7/64(.100/inch) diameter coils.Gives me about a .8 ohm build.So far no leaks and better performance taste and vapour wise.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Yeah, if you fill it from the top expect it to flood and leak from the airhole. It's designed to be filled from the bottom so that the vaccuum keeps it from flooding.

That is not true at all ... I have a 3.1 and KFL, and neither of them leak through air hole when filled from the top. If you are experiencing leaking through air hole with the top fill method, then you are not doing it correctly.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
Filling from the top can be done without flooding or leaking, just hold the air hole till the top is secure - at least on the originals. The original Kayfun Lite Plus V2 and Russion 91% are excellent for a minimum of $92.50. The parts are interchangeable which is not the case with the clone that I have. The originals also are immaculate in fit and machining; slightly better than the clones and there is no whistling as with some clones . I bought originals as I know I will use them for quite some time and wanted to be able to get replacement parts if needed; so the extra cost made sense.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Filling from the top can be done without flooding or leaking, just hold the air hole till the top is secure - at least on the originals. The original Kayfun Lite Plus V2 and Russion 91% are excellent for a minimum of $92.50. The parts are interchangeable which is not the case with the clone that I have. The originals also are immaculate in fit and machining; slightly better than the clones and there is no whistling as with some clones . I bought originals as I know I will use them for quite some time and wanted to be able to get replacement parts if needed; so the extra cost made sense.

The other key with the top fill method is to not screw the top cap on too far before turning it upside down, and then releasing your finger from the air hole. Only screw the top cap on to the point of catching a single thread, then turn over, release the air flow, and continue to screw the top cap in.

If you screw the top cap in too much (even by a thread or two) before turning the device upside down, and releasing the air hole, you are forcing eliquid into the chamber, which will then leak through the air hole. As simple as the top fill method is, there is a science to it, and technique applies.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That is not true at all ... I have a 3.1 and KFL, and neither of them leak through air hole when filled from the top. If you are experiencing leaking through air hole with the top fill method, then you are not doing it correctly.

I figured that was exactly the problem; it's possible to do, but has to be done exactly right, or it does flood -- I tried it the very first time, going by Busardo's video, and I was blowing out flood for nearly half an hour. So I don't try it that way anymore, since I doubt I have the skill and timing necessary to avoid the flooding. Maybe after I've handled it more and understand its quirks. I really love it though, even if it is a clone; if a clone is this good, then someday I really would like to have a "real" one, but it's a bit pricey for me at the moment.

Actually getting this thing and proving I can build quite nice coils is now making me curious to get one of those RDAs, but I want one that's for a single coil, rather than dual, and most of the ones I've seen in various catalogs have such a number of "things" sticking up from the deck, I have no idea what they're all for, or how to use them. I need something really simple, like the Kayfun! :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread