Kayfun problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyghost

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
RI
Ok so before using this i got good at making microcoils for my protank. sense getting this the protanks were retired. I have been building 7-8 wrap coils with 30g wire around something slightly bigger the a 5/64 drill bit and have been likeing it. In the chase of getting more vapor production ive attempted building microcoils of it. im using 28g and doing 12 wraps around a 5/64 bit to get it at 1.6ohm and i vape at 4.4 volts the vapor production doesnt seem to be there. My coil glows from the middle out exactly how it should. is it a problem with my coil or how much wick i have in. sorry i cant provide i picture and im using a provari.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
How's the taste? What are you wicking with? If cotton, the wick should slide easily through the coil and just come to the bottom of the platform...not blocking the channels. Coil should be about 2 millimeters off of the air hole. I generally go with 8 wraps of .28 ga around a 3/32" bit and it comes out to 1.2 ohms. Usually fire it at 3.8 - 3.9 on my ProVari. Works great!

Last edited:

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Which clone do you have (kayfun)?

could be an air flow problem. might be too tight. this is a problem I encountered with the EHPro when compared to the HCigar.

You might also be using too much cotton.

I just drilled out the hole slightly on the center pin that actually feeds air up through the deck and right under the coil. the pin has an extremely small hole on the side. seemed to help the draw a bit, but still not nearly as good as the HCigar one

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Is it just me or everybody has these issues with this Kayfun ES 3.1 Clone?
1.The Center Pin is NOT exactly in the center and it shorts to the ground sometimes. Mine reads 15 Ohm with no coil and wick. I had to file the head of the positive bottom screw (center pin) to prevent it from touching (shorting) to the side of the 510 thread connector. Because it has to be exactly in the center, but it is NOT in my case.
2.The Center Pin screw come all the way out, when you unscrew it – it should not do that.
3.This Clone does NOT have a Bottom Filling Screw so you couldn’t fill it up from the bottom.
4.Side Filling Screw? It is NOT Fillips, NOT Flat, NOT Hex, NOT Torx… It is a round hole screw head. Although, I was able to jam a small Torx and unscrew it, it appeared that there is another small weird screw behind it or I broke the screw and it is the other half of it. In any case, I could not fill it from the side. I had one option left only: Fill it up from the Top. The worst way of filling Kayfun because when you screw in the top back into the Atty – it will create a pressure forcing the tank to leak. And it did leak out through the locked side filling screw. I’m thinking of drilling the base and installing the Bottom Filling Screw myself. Unlike the EHPro Kayfun 3.1 Clone that has the Bottom Filling Screw, the Side Filling Screw, not Issues with shorting center pin, it also does not come with the Drip Tip Adopter, and therefore you will not be able to use a standard Drip Tip. This. It was shipped in a plain plastic bag – no box, no spare parts, no tools, no wicks or wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread