Kayfun V5 leaking... Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I keep it simple.. Vaseline "Lip therapy" it comes in a tiny tube at your local drug store. It's unflavored. I can only "assume" it's food grade quality cuz it's supposed to go on your lips....Lol. I have all the original o-rings still on mine from almost a year ago.

As far as builds, I've thrown about everything this tank can fit in it the past year... and this is what I like best and settled on for the KF5

Try this.....
28g Kanthal 2.5 id (perfect size for cotton wicks in the well)
6-7 wraps
Mtl reducer kit (smallest reducer)

Add some high nic juice and enjoy
Simple and flavorful vape
Most Vaseline products are petroleum based. If their lip therapy is, a wouldn't use in a vaping device or on any o-ring. Formulation...

I'm going to try some alternate wicking today. The Vapors Choice cotton (VCC) is strand type, which I'm not sure in the best choice for wicking. It's decent, but not consistent. I have some organic Japanese cotton that I'm going to try next. I'm also going to increase the coil size from 2.5mm to 3mm.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Because o-rings are made from petroleum. Petroleum lubricants decompose other products made from petroleum. Vaporizing and inhaling petroleum particulates is your choice, of course. Like the liberals say... "If it feels good, do it!" ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Because o-rings are made from petroleum. Petroleum lubricants decompose other products made from petroleum. Vaporizing and inhaling petroleum particulates is your choice, of course. Like the liberals say... "If it feels good, do it!" ;)

I'll take your word on that one. I've only recently been using that. I saw using lip balm from a review or something like that. Guess I'll go back to ejuice for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I'll take your word on that one. I've only recently been using that. I saw using lip balm from a review or something like that. Guess I'll go back to ejuice for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're not having leak issues, use coconut or olive oil. You should have these oils in your diet anyway, so...:D

Last edited:

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Thank you for the heads up.I use such a small amount and it lasts months that i am not concerned.Most orings do not even touch the juice and who says it will leach into the juice if it did touch it.
I suppose you're right. Damned OCD! :confused:

I just installed a 3mm SS317L coil w/Japanese cotton wicking... Flavor is off-the-chart and smooth! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubminer

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
If you get flooding and leaking, it's almost always the small o-ring inside the top cap. It has to seal around the chimney AND inside the top cap, so it has to be right. The rest of the 0-rings don't matter that much. At the bottom they're just for juice shut off and and in the tank sides, they're basically just gaskets and aren't usually a problem. It's that pesky one in the top cap that doesn't get compressed that has to seal properly.

If you're having wicking issues then you're likely blocking the juice channels with your wick. The wick only needs to barely touch the deck and that's all. In fact, it's better too short than too long. The biggest mistake I see is people trying to control juice flow with wicking and claiming that wicking is an art. It isn't. The vacuum controls the juice flow and the wick delivers juice to the coil.

Assuming the tank is built correctly, the only other factor is air flow. If your air flow is too loose, you might not be creating enough negative pressure to pull the juice into the deck from the tank. If all else fails, tighten the air flow.

Reactions: jcoopercam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread