Kayfun

Status
Not open for further replies.

mione

Mar 1, 2019
hi everyone

I am new to vaping and I am still in the process of getting equipment together. I would like to get a kayfun v4 and v5 original tanks not clones. Can anyone tell me how on earth to get them as ever single place I go to is sold out. I have been to there original page but they do not ship to USA. Are these tanks just things of the past or are they really that sought after. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
hi everyone

I am new to vaping and I am still in the process of getting equipment together. I would like to get a kayfun v4 and v5 original tanks not clones. Can anyone tell me how on earth to get them as ever single place I go to is sold out. I have been to there original page but they do not ship to USA. Are these tanks just things of the past or are they really that sought after. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Go and take a look at WWW.FastTech.com.

This link FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics will take you right to the E-cigarette section.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
hi everyone

Are these tanks just things of the past or are they really that sought after. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
Yes. Both. The v4 in particular. Possibly the v5 as well. That’s how companies work. They don’t want to make too many products at a time and wind up competing with themselves. Unwell is on v4 of their crown, and they’re killing off the v1 because even though it’s by far the best reviewed tank they’ve ever made, they feel that when people say “the v1 is better than the v4” they feel they’re losing something. Chinese clones help alleviate this problem somewhat. You can still get older models of stuff the original company has long ago stopped making. The problem though is not infrequently the Chinese clone doesn’t have the same manufacturing standards and flat out cuts corners as well. Not infrequently this means the “good design” is no longer good.

If kayfun no longer makes the tanks you are looking for you’ve got to either find new old stock, get a clone, or buy used. It seems the new old stock option is failing you.

A better question at this point might be “why exactly do you want a kayfun v4 or v5?” If all you want is a decent vape, a really well manufactured clone (they happen occasionally) or a currently manufactured model by another company may work as well for you. If you’re interested in some sort of bragging rights, or think there’s going to be some sort of collectible market or something, you probably want a used one. Used is hard, because about 90%+ of the used ones are going to be clones. Generally of the “not so good” variety, because everything ever sold used has something wrong with it in the eyes of the former owner.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks but these are all clones

The only place I know to buy genuine svoemesto Kayfuns is in Europe. Everyone I know vapes EHPro and other clones. The Coppervape Skyline is a great alternative to the original Kayfun, but with more features and equal or better flavor. I still have a collection of various Kayfuns from the V2 to the V5, but they are all clones. I vape an EHPro Kayfun v2 daily in rotation with other atomizers.

Authorized Resellers – SvoëMesto

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only place I know to buy genuine svoemesto Kayfuns is in Europe. Everyone I know vapes EHPro and other clones.

Authorized Resellers – SvoëMesto
Point of amusement:
EHpro has made some dogs, but in general they’re one of the better thought of clone makers. So well thought of that people actually clone THEIR clones occasionally.
I’ve got a weird little tank that is actually a counterfeit EHpro. It’s actually quite good for what it is, which is a dual coil MTL squonk top mod. It relies on extremely tight tolerances to work, so it’s a bit of a PITA in that in order to get enough room they gave up on all screw connectors but the 510. The thing is held together with really really tight o-rings. As a result it works quite well, but has the issue that if you’re not a bit careful you can knock the tank right off the top of the atty.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Kayfun V4 would not be good for someone new, there is so many parts to it, why not go for the newer Kayfun Prime or Kayfun Lite 2019 version, I have 5 primes and they work and vape great, there is a few US stores that hold Kayfun products, Origin vapes, Vapor DNA, Heather's Heavenly Vapes to name a few.

Not sure what stock they got, but also ordered from creme de vape a few times, and even though based in the UK, normally get orders pretty fast.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Point of amusement:
    EHpro has made some dogs, but in general they’re one of the better thought of clone makers. So well thought of that people actually clone THEIR clones occasionally.
    I’ve got a weird little tank that is actually a counterfeit EHpro. It’s actually quite good for what it is, which is a dual coil MTL squonk top mod. It relies on extremely tight tolerances to work, so it’s a bit of a PITA in that in order to get enough room they gave up on all screw connectors but the 510. The thing is held together with really really tight o-rings. As a result it works quite well, but has the issue that if you’re not a bit careful you can knock the tank right off the top of the atty.

My first rebuildable tank was a Kayfun v3.1 back in 2011 or so. I have an assortment of Kayfuns I've picked up here and there. The Kayfun Lite v2 was the first tank I vaped that didn't have leaking problems and I've stayed with it for years. I'm vaping one this morning.

Lots of tanks I've tried over the years suffered from leaking problems. The EHPro didn't have that issue, so I've stayed with it for years. I have a decent sized collections of the various "gotta have" MTL atomizers and some are really good, but most mornings I start out with the Kayfun and switch back and forth throughout the day. Lately, I'm liking the EHPro True, Vandy Vape Beserker, and the Coppervape Skyline.

mione

Mar 1, 2019
    2200B7B6-97DB-4871-8D2A-E2AEC51738D0.jpeg
    Thanks so much for the feed back. I was able to purchase one thanks to all your help. Should have it in days

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hi

Not looking for any bragging rights at all. I love the look of it and the quality and based on the reviews I have read and YouTube videos it looks amazing.

Unless there is something out there that looks the same and performs the same for right now this is what I would like.
    Single coil all stainless mtl rta with a Swedish de sthile look. Hmmm... diving right into RTAs may be daunting, especially if it turns out you don’t like the thing. It’s not as bad as it used to be though.

Got a couple options for you:
    1.) Ignore RTAs until you’re comfortable with the thought that you’re going to keep vaping. Get an innokin zenith pro. The monthly cost is higher but the initial cost is lower. They break even in a bit under a year. The zenith is also exceptionally low mess. It’s top fill and the coil cartridge comes out the bottom so you don’t need to stick your fingers in the tank.
    2.) get the EHpro clone of the kayfun. It will likely vape as well, look absolutely identical and be a good bit cheaper. It won’t be super cheap. EHpro is a “Premire” cloner if there even is such a thing, and their clones go for more money than other clones.
    3.) scour European websites for new old stock of the kayfun s you want. This will be expensive. High cost (because kayfun are expensive) combined with high shipping fees plus there is the exchange rate.
    4.) buy whatever current kayfun they are making at the moment. Kayfun likes their look, so the new stuff will look a lot like the old stuff. Same problems as -#3, but it will be easier to find.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    My first rebuildable tank was a Kayfun v3.1 back in 2011 or so. I have an assortment of Kayfuns I've picked up here and there. The Kayfun Lite v2 was the first tank I vaped that didn't have leaking problems and I've stayed with it for years. I'm vaping one this morning.

Lots of tanks I've tried over the years suffered from leaking problems. The EHPro didn't have that issue, so I've stayed with it for years. I have a decent sized collections of the various "gotta have" MTL atomizers and some are really good, but most mornings I start out with the Kayfun and switch back and forth throughout the day. Lately, I'm liking the EHPro True, Vandy Vape Beserker, and the Coppervape Skyline.
    I got a berserker. It’s sitting next to me right now. The only oddity it has is it only pretends to be top fill. Try to top fill it and it will leak. If it is filled from the bottom though it is beautiful.

It’s got a different look than a kayfun though.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Good luck. I kind of want a Kayfun lite but I refuse to get one until I get a clone working for me of which I have several. And I am pretty much entirely certain it's me, not the clones. I need a better comprehension of JFC which I don't have yet. Fortunately I have many other RTAs I do love to console me along the way.

I hope you get what you are hoping for out of them, the good news is there will be a JILLION folks to help you if you run into issues.

Anna

mione

Mar 1, 2019
    hi forgot to mention that i have been using my style of mojo (not a clone) with a style of mojo A.I RTA and absolutely enjoy it. it has loads of flavor but it does not produce massive clouds. but what can you expect from such a small tank and coil.
    I have already ordered a kayfun lite 2019 and should be here in a few days. i have made a few very simple coils using 26gauge Clapton coils @ 0.8 on a 15v 3000 mh Samsung 30q battery. i am still learning and really enjoy the craftsmanship of some of these items. I will research the tanks you have listed above and see if like what i see. i will post some pics when my new tanks come in as i am very excited to get my new toys.
    Michael
    thumbnail_IMG_1109.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    hi the final cost after looking at my order was $190.30 us but i am an idiot as i ordered 2 not one kyfun 5 PEI TANK KITS...... LOL its ok i am sure i can resell it for what i paid for it.
    Or both if it doesn’t make the clouds you like. You might even be able to get more than you paid for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread