Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
mione" data-source="post: 21657641" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
mione said:
hello
Well just a quick update as I received one of my orders of the kayfun lite 2019 and I am completely disgusted as it is 100 % a clone/counterfeit. I cant believe how perfect this thing was made down to the box itself looks perfect. I checked the serial number on the svoe web page and it comes back not found. I have already reached out to the seller and requested my money back but I doubt it will be refunded so I am stuck with this. its really well made but not what i want in my collection at this time.
Michael

View attachment 805489 View attachment 805491
View attachment 805493
View attachment 805495
If you've purchased it from intaste.de (which I believe you have) then it cannot be a counterfeit. They only deal with genuine svoemesto products.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
If you've purchased it from intaste.de (which I believe you have) then it cannot be a counterfeit. They only deal with genuine SvoeMesto products.
It’s a clone alright...

Trust me!!!

Sub Two sticker on box is also a clue!

Jim

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
hello
Well just a quick update as I received one of my orders of the kayfun lite 2019 and I am completely disgusted as it is 100 % a clone/counterfeit. I cant believe how perfect this thing was made down to the box itself looks perfect. I checked the serial number on the svoe web page and it comes back not found. I have already reached out to the seller and requested my money back but I doubt it will be refunded so I am stuck with this. its really well made but not what i want in my collection at this time.
Michael

View attachment 805493
View attachment 805495

I don't think you have a clone at all. The clones never go that far and engrave a serial number or stamp one in. The box is identical to mine and clones don't won't waste money on a box which isn't cheap to have made. You have the real deal. You didn't mention where you purchased it. What dealer and what did you pay is the key if it's fake or not.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't think you have a clone at all. The clones never go that far and engrave a serial number or stamp one in. The box is identical to mine and clones don't won't waste money on a box which isn't cheap to have made. You have the real deal. You didn't mention where you purchased it. What dealer and what did you pay is the key if it's fake or not.
They most certainly do fake serial numbers. These days at least. There was a period when they didn’t, but that time is gone.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
hello
Michael

View attachment 805493
View attachment 805495

Did you buy it from a Chinese website? There's a "Sub Two" sticker on the box. That's a Chinese brand name.

mione

Mar 1, 2019
by the way the market looks flooded on ebay with these now that i check

upload_2019-3-26_11-16-23.png

Reactions: AstroTurf

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
They most certainly do fake serial numbers. These days at least. There was a period when they didn’t, but that time is gone.

It's been awhile since I've been back posting and back then a year or two ago there were no serial numbers on clones.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
hi i paid a lot more then $15 bucks and no it was not a Chinese web site. i was just showing that there is a flood of these on ebay now
eBay and Amazon are some of the worst places possible to buy ecig gear. It’s technically against site rules so everyone doing it is fly-by-night to begin with. To make it worse they’re the easiest way for Chinese counterfeiters to access lucrative western markets. As a result there is an absolute torrent of fake gear there.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
hi i paid a lot more then $15 bucks and no it was not a Chinese web site. i was just showing that there is a flood of these on ebay now

You can name the site. I bought from Heathers Heavenly Vape, I bought from inTaste as well, along with Origin Vape, and Vaping Art. Do everyone a favor here and let us know.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hmm.. interesting. You still have to turn the thing upside down though. Advantage would be you don’t have to keep track of that U-crossectional o-ring which like to fall out and flop around. Disadvantage is it’s more complicated than bottom fill. I’ll have to try it your way and see which I like better.

Sometimes, I fill it while using a mod for a stand. When I do that I don't invert it. I do close off the air control ring, though.

mione

Mar 1, 2019
Ok so here is a side by side of the clone against my real kayfun 5 just to give you an idea of the comparison.
on the right is the real one and on the left is the fake, as you can see the labeling is dark blue and has a different bar code as well on the bottom of the box that the fake does not have. If you look closely at the SM on the drip tip you will notice that engravings are not the same.

On the real its more detailed and deeper than the fake one. The serial numbers are also not as detailed on the fake than the real one. lastly the box did not come with any paper work like the real one. but i must admit that the quality is amazing and even down to the boxes are identical in color, size and even height. i hope this will help others identify real from counterfeit. man this is insane as i would be so upset if i was the owner of SM as someone has gone to a lot of trouble to fake these. its disgusting to me that this is even going on for such a small item. but i am sure it turns out to be millions in fraud a year

one last thing the fake has sub two sticker on the box that the real does not have.

Michael

file-13.jpeg

file5-5.jpeg

file4-6.jpeg
file3-9.jpeg
file2-10.jpeg
file1-11.jpeg

mione

Mar 1, 2019
I believe the OP had said in another thread that he purchased two Kayfuns from inTaste from Germany. If that is true he wasn't sold a clone. I'm not sure what he talking about. I know when asked where he purchased from he disappeared.
Pinggolfer
hi i did not get both from intaste.de i am sorry for any confusion, but i just posted what they did send and i must say it came quickly and its the real deal. using it right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread