RDA Kennedy 24 RDA experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delro

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Worcester, MA
Hey all - I just ordered a Snowwolf200W and a Kennedy 24mm RDA. This is my first RDA and will be my first coil build. I am wondering what gauge nickel coils are people using and what type of wick, I'm seeing a lot of Japanese cotton being the go-to. I was thinking 26 gauge Ni200 would be a good fit for me. I'm guessing youtube will be my best friend when it comes time to actually wrapping the coils? Any insight for a novice dripper/builder would be awesome, I've been trolling around reading various posts and videos, but this community has been very helpful so far so I'd love to hear opinions what wattages/temps, do/don'ts. Time for you all to take me to school :D

Also I'm not trying to build something that is going to make me have a miniature storm cloud above me, I'm very interested in getting the most out of my e-liquid as far as flavor.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
The Kennedy 24 features big, non-adjustable airflow along with a relatively large (albeit short) chamber and a dual deck which favors clouds over flavor. IMO, the only way to maximize flavor with this RDA is to increase vapor production by way of big coils, big power and slower draws. Adjusting power to mist versus complete vaporization can also help in the flavor department. My preferred builds on TC for 20/80 NETs are spaced 6.5 wrap 24g Ti @ ~3.5mm or spaced 4.5 wrap 22g Ti @ ~3.5mm. #8-32 machine screws will build spaced Ti coils @ ~3.25mm and #10-24 @ ~3.5mm. You may want to avoid Ni200 if at all possible. Have a read at TC beyond Ni200.

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I can't speak for nickel coils but I can comment on other ones. I've mainly used N80 and 316 SS (mainly fused claptons and twisted). For an RDA you couldn't have made a better choice. You name the RDA and I've probably used it (Velocity, Vector, Aeolus v2, Stumpy etc) and the 24 trumps all of them. The flavor is superb and you get great cloud production as well. The juice well is large and the only way it leaks is dripping down the side or down an airhole. Again I can't speak for Nickel coils but with the large build deck and fairly large post holes you should have no issues with nickel coils. I will comment though you don't want to dry burn your nickel coils (firing until they glow redhot) and you'll want to use spaced coils over contact, you can use steam engine to calculate what you need and youtube on how to wrap. For wicking I would look into rayon (cellucotton). It's got no break in time, it lasts longer than Japanese cotton and it's got superior absorption, there's actually an entire thread dedicated to it and a 40ft box can be had for around $10. I bought this exact box almost 4 months ago and I still have about a 4th of it left (I rewick every day sometimes twice). You made a great choice with your set up and it was my go to until I got a DNA 200 box. I've provide some link below, hopefully they are helpful.

Rayon thread: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...low-flavor-longevity-and-nic-hit-pt-2.706948/

Rayon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PBGJT5A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Steam Engine: http://www.steam-engine.org/

Nickel Tutorials:

Reactions: Delro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread