Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Ok I’ll bite. I like the Kennedy rda’s. Especially with a Demon or Dragon cap. One of the few bottom air flow rda’s I can abide. But I vape high wattage DTL. Your style may differ in which case I can understand why it’s not a great RDA in your opinion. Excellent quality, relatively small batch RDA manufactured in the US, yup, you’re gonna pay for it.

I would add, the Kennedy RDA’s performance is closely linked to coil placement. OP may try experimenting a bit with that...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not quite sure I could bring myself to do spend that on an RTA, too much risk, too many variables etc.

This is one place where I kinda think clones can be useful, to get a sense of what and how it's going to vape. Provided you are not morally opposed to clones, etc, but surely in some cases it's great to not drop that kind of cash on something that doesn't suit you, and then, when you find "the One True RTA" as it were, support THAT maker.

But to each his own, etc.
Anna

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Most attys have their sweet spot. It's basically up to us to experiment and find out what works best for us. I don't particularly like bottom air attys, but I don't think any Kennedy products are over priced. They're made in the USA by guys that take alot of pride in what they do. That being said, experiment with different builds and figure out what works for you. Bottom air attys generally DO give good flavor....if the coil is in the right place.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I have 2 clones and both are great. Out of ALL my (single & dual coil) RDAs the Kennedy is my favorite for flavor!!

I bought one from a vape shop on eBay located in Tennessee or thereabouts. The other I purchased from FT I think. One is stainless the other is black.

They also have different deck configurations depending on which one is selected. The SS has 4 posts. The Black has 3 posts. I think they come in competition style. I’m not exactly sure what the difference is but I wasn’t interested in a cloud competition anyways lol!!

Oh and I’ve NEVER had it leak

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Skeintastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2016
The Kennedy 24 and greater require 2.5mm or greater sized coils. The way the airflow works means a Jetstream gets created at the inside edge of the bottom air holes so place the center of your coil just above that spot to interfere with the jet stream.

Because of the length of the top cap and it's conical shape you benefit from beefier coils. Use 24-22 ga wire if going with round wire but 28ga aliens will definietly improve things.

This is a great starting point and should change minds on the vapr quality of Kennedy atomizers.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I own 3 of them. They're not overpriced, but I think I understand what you mean about not getting enough flavor from them, as IME this is a typical example of an RDA that lends itself better for stacked mech use.

This is a .52 ohms build that's Ni80 29g/36g in the Kennedy 25 and that I use on a 3-battery tube mech.

sfc 52.jpg

turbo.jpg

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
The kennedy costs about $100. To me its over priced. It gives me the most vapor of sny of my rdas but its like inhaling air. Not much flavor. Do any of u own Kennedys and do u think theyre worth the price tag?
Dude I would kill to have your vape budget. I can not even afford juice and coils right now. Let me know if you tire of any of your gear and I will gladly take it off your hands!!!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Dude I would kill to have your vape budget. I can not even afford juice and coils right now. Let me know if you tire of any of your gear and I will gladly take it off your hands!!!
It doesn't have to be expensive. Clones are inexpensive. A Kennedy clone is around $10. Wire to make coils is inexpensive. Making your own ejuice is inexpensive. The only thing about clones is there are some clones that are crappy but there are some clones that are just as good if not better than the authentics. An example of that is I have an authentic Lucid RDA that is my favorite RDA. I bought a clone to compare. The clone is garbage but usable. On the other hand I have an authentic Apocalypse that is nice. I have a clone I like better than the authentic and a clone that is the same as the authentic.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
It doesn't have to be expensive. Clones are inexpensive. A Kennedy clone is around $10. Wire to make coils is inexpensive. Making your own ejuice is inexpensive. The only thing about clones is there are some clones that are crappy but there are some clones that are just as good if not better than the authentics. An example of that is I have an authentic Lucid RDA that is my favorite RDA. I bought a clone to compare. The clone is garbage but usable. On the other hand I have an authentic Apocalypse that is nice. I have a clone I like better than the authentic and a clone that is the same as the authentic.
I do a decent job vaping on a budget. I diy, make my own NET, build simple coils and my mech is a good Avid Lyfe clone. As my finances are minimal to begin with in a normal month I never get ahead of the vape supplies I need and as now often run out of nescitities. A current illness has my in a poor space lacking juice and without nic and concentrates. Currently vaping straight pg with ten percent distilled water. Not complaining. I am still a duel user perfering vape to smoke. So as a I cant buy vape juice, I can't buy cigs. currently smoke free, a first for me for quite a while. Good and bad. I need some nic. Too much blood in my nic system. Oh aparently I am grumpy as well. I did not notice though. Thought I was handling it well. Have a good day and may the Force be with you.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I do a decent job vaping on a budget. I diy, make my own NET, build simple coils and my mech is a good Avid Lyfe clone. As my finances are minimal to begin with in a normal month I never get ahead of the vape supplies I need and as now often run out of nescitities. A current illness has my in a poor space lacking juice and without nic and concentrates. Currently vaping straight pg with ten percent distilled water. Not complaining. I am still a duel user perfering vape to smoke. So as a I cant buy vape juice, I can't buy cigs. currently smoke free, a first for me for quite a while. Good and bad. I need some nic. Too much blood in my nic system. Oh aparently I am grumpy as well. I did not notice though. Thought I was handling it well. Have a good day and may the Force be with you.

I sincerely hope things get better for you. I wasn't being mean and I hope it didn't come out that way. Best of luck to you.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
We're all in it together, Rick. PM me an address. I'll get some nic, wire and cotton out to you tomorrow .

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I sincerely hope things get better for you. I wasn't being mean and I hope it didn't come out that way. Best of luck to you.
No not mean at all. Did not take it that way. I am frustrated sometimes. However I am greatfull for all I am blessed with. Thank you good night. May the Force be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread