Kensei leaking, wicking issue or coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambonecloudin83

Jan 12, 2018
I've had nothing but leaking troubles out of my Kensei... I'm still very green in the vape community but I am willing to take some pointers... I'm still not 100% on the wicking or coils but my build is reading .23ohms and when I put a small amount of juice in she was doing just fine but seems like when I filled her the rest of the way up after being satisfied that there was no leaks, I looked down to notice the juice started flowing down my fire bar coming out of the air flow slot... I've got new juggernaut coils and wondering if I should put them in, guy at local shop said what I had was fine but one side is heating faster that the other, but what do I know lol.... Any advice would be great thanks guys, it's nice being able to talk to vets a

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome. It sounds to me like the issue is probably more your wicking than your coils (other than dual coil wicking can get tricky and finicky and also sometimes exotic coils can be hard to mount and wick successfully).

What you are describing sounds pretty much like my first experiments with cotton though. Seeping ,weeping, and pouring out of the juice holes when filling. You need your cotton snug in the coil, but placed correctly over the airholes (every tank is a bit different, but you could watch a review on youtube or two for your tank to get "wicking hints") etc. Also, the tails often can use some thinning, it sounds somewhat "backwards" but too thick tails can cause dry hits. So I'd recommend more cotton in the coils, and perhaps thinning the tails.

I found I do much better with rayon as a wick. It's more forgiving of wicking technique, it lasts longer, and it withstands high wattage for a longer time without burning or gunking if wicked correctly. I find it to be nearly tasteless as well. But, since cotton is what you have may as well just work on your technique a bit with that first.... If you find yourself with ongoing troubles (I did) well you could consider trying rayon and seeing if it works better for you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Anna

Hambonecloudin83

Jan 12, 2018
I'm would try rewicking. Try adding just a little more than you did last time. I have never heard of coils being the reason for leaks.
Will try again, what I meant was the coil isn't as wide as the air flow and juice is just running right down cause the cotton is so close... I'll try more, thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated..

Reactions: stols001

Hambonecloudin83

Jan 12, 2018
Hi and welcome. It sounds to me like the issue is probably more your wicking than your coils (other than dual coil wicking can get tricky and finicky and also sometimes exotic coils can be hard to mount and wick successfully).

What you are describing sounds pretty much like my first experiments with cotton though. Seeping ,weeping, and pouring out of the juice holes when filling. You need your cotton snug in the coil, but placed correctly over the airholes (every tank is a bit different, but you could watch a review on youtube or two for your tank to get "wicking hints") etc. Also, the tails often can use some thinning, it sounds somewhat "backwards" but too thick tails can cause dry hits. So I'd recommend more cotton in the coils, and perhaps thinning the tails.

I found I do much better with rayon as a wick. It's more forgiving of wicking technique, it lasts longer, and it withstands high wattage for a longer time without burning or gunking if wicked correctly. I find it to be nearly tasteless as well. But, since cotton is what you have may as well just work on your technique a bit with that first.... If you find yourself with ongoing troubles (I did) well you could consider trying rayon and seeing if it works better for you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Anna
Thank you so much, very helpful I sure will check my Technic for sure and the rayon too... Thanks again for taking the time to help me out... God bless you

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread