VV Kensei leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfoster

Dec 14, 2017
Adirondacks, NY
I’ve really been loving my kensei since getting it a few months ago. One lingering issue is a leaky base... not a fast leak, and after sitting overnight it never seems like it leaked anything while not being used. I always assumed the vapor in the base/air slots leaves residue and builds up until some leaks out. I’ve also ruled out wicking as the cause. Lately I’m beginning to wonder if there is a leak between the tank/deck/base as that’s where I see a small amount at times. I’m really stumped. It’s not a huge issue, usually I unscrew the tank maybe twice a day and wipe the bottom off before it gets bad but it’s annoying. My Kylin Mini is always dry as a bone.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

dfoster

Dec 14, 2017
Adirondacks, NY
Seems I found a solution! I disassembled the deck as much as I could and changed an o-ring that it’s between the base and the chamber/tank. I did this a couple weeks ago with the extra that was supplied with all the extra o-rings, etc but it was no different with that one. This time I used a similar but slightly bigger o-ring from some extras that came with a different tank. It’s been almost a week now and the leaking is gone. I was just about to buy another dual coil tank and figured I loved how this one vapes and really wanted to figure it out. I e been using it almost exclusively since and no more juice covered mod!!

Seems to be an isolated problem but maybe it’ll help someone else down the line if they come across this

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks for reporting your solution. I had a leaky Siren V2 and I was surprised because usually they don't leak on me. I did break the tank and it seemed the new tank had some tolerance issues, and just couldn't maintain a vacuum. Replacing the 0 rings solved it for me, and yes, I used some of the thicker ones that came as replacements for the O rings.

Glad you reported back and your problem is solved, that's great :)

Anna

Reactions: dfoster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread