Nov 12, 2013
Central CT

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
It is a tax that I will not be paying. You might notice that legal services are not included in services to be taxed. Do you think it could be because the legislature is dominated by lawyers and law firms are large political contributors? Naw, it can't be that.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Somebody making less than $8,000 should not be paying income taxes. Does flat rate mean no kind of deductions? If so it seems like a very selfish tax scheme. Never lived in Kentucky so I don't know, but with sales taxes, property taxes (cars and even part of calculation for those who rent), even lower income people still pay taxes. Lowering the means test on pensioners, while dropping the rate by 1.8% on above $75k seems very selfish. I used to make above 75k and even then I would of thought that was not right, I had a business that made over 100k (luckily not in KY), but still I can see how that just looks inequitable. Lowering taxes is great, but it looks like they are bending over lower income people, am I missing something?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
From the OP's Article...

"The tax hike, which balances cuts to the individual and corporate income tax by imposing a sales tax on select services, were introduced at 8:30 a.m. in attempts to provide funding in a tight budget year. Both bills received final passage more than 11 hours later, before they were available to the public."

Legislature passes big changes in tax code, restores many controversial cuts in budget

Somewhere James Otis is turning over in His grave. And the Phrase...

"Taxation Without Representation is Tyranny."

... is just as Meaning Today as it was when it was First coined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread