killed my first atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr quackums

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
texas
i think i killed an atty today. was walking to the car from school and no vapor, no flavor, to TH. refill cart, about 1/2 full. change battery, no change. go to atty holding other cart (i threw away my cart condoms like a noob), worked fine.

i know it might not actually be dead, but how do you revive one? or find out if it even is salvageable?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i think i killed an atty today. was walking to the car from school and no vapor, no flavor, to TH. refill cart, about 1/2 full. change battery, no change. go to atty holding other cart (i threw away my cart condoms like a noob), worked fine.

i know it might not actually be dead, but how do you revive one? or find out if it even is salvageable?

First make sure it isn't just flooded. Remove, blow it out from the batt end into a paper towel - put two drops no more, onto the bridge and try - nice to have a fully charged battery of course.

If no go you could find someone with a multimeter and check it - one contact on the center post, the other on the thread. Measured in ohms and on the 510 it should be in the 2.1 - 2.3 range. IF so, then soak in PGA or vodka for a half hour. PGA should get yellowish. blowout, dry, 2 drops of juice on atty a retry.

If no go then go extreme - see technical issues forum regarding reviviing atomizers.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
First make sure it isn't just flooded. Remove, blow it out from the batt end into a paper towel - put two drops no more, onto the bridge and try - nice to have a fully charged battery of course.

If no go you could find someone with a multimeter and check it - one contact on the center post, the other on the thread. Measured in ohms and on the 510 it should be in the 2.1 - 2.3 range. IF so, then soak in PGA or vodka for a half hour. PGA should get yellowish. blowout, dry, 2 drops of juice on atty a retry.

If no go then go extreme - see technical issues forum regarding reviviing atomizers.

If this doesn't work do a search for 'Sattec's atty cleaning test thread' provided you read 2.1-2.3 on the multimeter.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
If this doesn't work do a search for 'Sattec's atty cleaning test thread' provided you read 2.1-2.3 on the multimeter.

I tried this with 2 or 3 dead (tierd) atties and it made little difference. I am now convinced that attie performance is due to the current. hence IMHO the best way to get more performance out of a tierd attie is up the voltage.

Best bet is buy a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread