Unearthed a Fossil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenn1181

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
NW GA
I made an awesome discovery last week whilst cleaning out my vaping kit. I have a little box that used to store all of my little old school odds and ends. Atties, condom caps, tea bags, syringe tips for filling carts, etc. Anyway, it's been untouched for awhile so as I was cleaning it I was amazed to come across this gem:

22030396611_4759cde751.jpg

A Cisco lo-res atty, still in the bag. The bag was full of lovely, frothy atty primer and the coil was corroded, but for science I threw it on an eGo battery and it fired right up. Smelled really ripe, and there's no amount of money that could convince me to vape from it, but it was a nice trip down memory lane.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have several little time capsules at the back of my vape cabinet. During a recent clean out, I discovered 4 old 808 stick batteries...but no charger. I ordered a charger in amongst a recent order and fired them up with an old T4 clearomizer (from another stash). Two of the batteries didn't really hold much of a charge but two still worked pretty well. Of course the 2 that were bad were my old black batteries and the 2 that were working were purple with gem stone end caps that belonged to my wife. Oh well, I vaped them for a lazy Sunday afternoon just for old times sake...man those things are tiny. Good times.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I found my old G6 starter kit, (my first set up) and I just chuckled to myself. Didn't even bother trying to fire it up. Amazing that what I paid for the G6 would have gotten me a nice sub ohm tank these days. Makes it easy to understand why it is so confusing for noobs to get into vaping now, we never had all these options even just a year ago.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I found a 300 mAh ego battery a week or so back. I used to use it when my 1300 mAh Spinner was charging. I put my KFL on it and took a puff. Amazingly it still works and held a charge for a year in a drawer. It's one of those cheap no-name $5 POS's. Couldn't believe it still had enough power in it to fire my Kayfun.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I reorganized a storage container of not frequently used vape hardware the other day and realised I had not used anything from there for over a year. I have eGo-C attys and tanks, a bunch of 2 and 3 ohm Boge cartos, a few carto tanks, CE4 clearos, a few Vivi Novas, assorted heads and spare parts, a couple of eGo style batts that still work. The only reason I've kept them for this long was in case a friend wanted to try vaping.

Considering that only happens to me about once a year, I think it's time to free up some clutter in my vape cabinet :unsure:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I still drip with those old 510 atty's sometimes and still like them :) A few weeks ago I put an old Boge carto (from before Bogegate for those of you that remember that) on my Reo Grand and to my surprise, I actually enjoyed using it :shock: lol. Every once in a while I run across my original Joye 510's and vape with them for the day. Hard to believe they are still working 5 years later :D No, I wouldn't be happy to be only using them all the time now but they did the job I needed 5+ years ago and I'll always be grateful to them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread