Atty problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
I tried a new flavor vape tonight after I got tired of vaping the same thing for a week. As soon as I put the cart in, I took a long drag, and it tasted pretty awful. It was a vanilla mix, so I didn't expect it to taste that bad. I also noticed that I was getting far less vape. After looking closer at the cart, I noticed that the fill was really hard instead of cotton-like.. I put my old cart with maxboro in it back in (after throwing the old one with the vanilla mix away) and the problem was worse. I took the cart out and activated the atty with a drop of e-liquid on it, and it appeared to be working okay, except for the fact that there was not a little red spot where it was lighting up. I changed to my only other atty and now it is working okay, although this atty is not as good. I've had the previous one for almost a month, so I was expecting it to die pretty soon. Is my atty dead? Can anyone tell me what happened here and if there is anything I can do to fix it?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
If it's still heating up it's not dead but performance will degrade with uss, I'd guess it just needs to be cleaned after a month of use, that's a pretty long time.

As for the hard filler, I've nver had that issue and have no idea what's going on there. You can remove the filler from the cart with some tweezers, hold it under warm running water then press it out with a paper towel, normally that will revive it as good as new if your careful. if it doesn't just toss it.

You really might want to think about cartos, attys + carts = a pain imo and can be inconsistent. I use attys for dripping and that's about it.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
If it's still heating up it's not dead but performance will degrade with uss, I'd guess it just needs to be cleaned after a month of use, that's a pretty long time.

As for the hard filler, I've nver had that issue and have no idea what's going on there. You can remove the filler from the cart with some tweezers, hold it under warm running water then press it out with a paper towel, normally that will revive it as good as new if your careful. if it doesn't just toss it.

You really might want to think about cartos, attys + carts = a pain imo and can be inconsistent. I use attys for dripping and that's about it.

Well, I always took care of the atty. I clean it every other night. Not really clean it, but I just rinse it with warm water, blow it out real good, and let it dry overnight. But last night I stayed at my girl's house and I forgot all about cleaning it. That and the fact that I used carts 3 different carts which each contained a different mixture of VG probably caused it to gunk up. It just didn't do it until I tried to use that cart with the hard fill in it, so I was afraid it may have caused it to fry.. But it is still heating up for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread