• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Killing my atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyWay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
I think the Atomic Cinnacide is tough on them. I vape that juice 90% of the time. I also drip and my guess is that I just don't know how to take proper care of them. I use 3 drops and do clean them in hot water but alas dead dead dead. I still use my 401 Pilot as a backup and I love that I can dip.

I need to buy several this time because I just can't keep them alive. I liked the eGo atty I got from Good Prophets but it only lasted a few days. I didn't return it because I'm thinking it must be something I am doing wrong. I am back to my 510 atty and it is about done.

There are so many different types of atty's out there that I'm not sure what to get. The most important thing for me is a good TH well besides maybe lasting for awhile.

Any advice?

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi,
What is the VG to PG ratio? (if any)..
Also, I know this will kill aties quicker, but how r u vaping (be this I mean do u vape until its dry or giving a very strong TH?)
There r a few things to do. Try to use a PBT setup where u get more liquid onto the atty r if u r useing more VG to PG (70% VG to 30%PG) try the other way if u can (unless ur allergic to PG). Either way, the liquid does kill atties quicker than the norm due to the cinnamon 'oil'.
Try to find another "cinn" flavor. I know that Elixir Liquids has a great cinn flabvored eliquid. My wife switched and she likes theirs better than the Atomic Cinnacide. (just a FYI)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey Stu,

Welcome back.

Improperly diluted VG liquids will kill attys quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. I am allergic to PG and until I got it right using staright VG, I was reducing my atties longevity by 35-50% in comparison with an 80/20 PG/VG mix. 4-5 months out of an atty is not outside the norm unless you vape like a freight train or allow them to go dry. Since I properly diluted my liquids, my previous longevity is back.

OnMyWay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
I use PG 80 / VG 20. I keep them wet without flooding them. I drip. For me it's the TH. I don't care about the vapor so much. I don't vape like a freight train but do quite a bit of vaping when I get home from work. So I use my eGo for about 5 hours a day.

I will try the other cinnamon flavor and see if that helps. It's just frustrating. I've ordered two mega atty's and will let you know how it goes. If they break I'm going to send them back. I ordered from Janty this time.

I'm also thinking of going with a mod (when I can afford it). I would like a stronger TH consistently. But I will probably be fine once the mega's arrive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread