King clone from Fast Tech question......

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Ok, so on Saturday I received the Brass "Lion" King clone from fast tech. Have some questions which hopefully somebody here will be able to answer for me. As it is a clone it came without any directions. The tube itself has 3 parts (not counting the top 510 mount and bottom firing system) which I shall refer to as small, medium and large. The large being the segment with the Lion and KING. Ok, here is my question: if I utilize all segments it is clearly too long for any of my 18650 batts, is that space intentional to allow use of a kick or stomp? I take for granted that just using the big and little segments is for me to use 350 batts which I do not have so can't check. So.... I put together only the Large and medium segments and although a snug fit the 650's will fit. However, it is such a snug fit that as soon as I attempt to screw on the button fire assembly it fires immediately. So what am I missing here? I am hoping it is just me being completely dense and the answer is simple, as is usually the case ;)

Quality and appearance wise I have no complaints. The only criticism I have in addition to the above is that the buttom fire assembly pretty much falls out regularly. That I will deal with later with plumbing tape if need be, so not a big deal. The tube situation does suck however as basically I cannot use the mod right now at all. So any advice, input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As I wrote earlier I really hope it is just another case of me being completely dense and missing the obvious ;)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
first off, yes- assembling all three tube sections together is for 18650+kick. just the large tube is 18350 mode, large plus small is 18490/18500 mode and large plus meduim is 18650.

for 18650 mode, check the screw under the top cap. you can adjust that screw and also the part that its housed in to make your batt fit.

my suggestion is to unscrew the part that the screw is housed in. then screw on your atomizer. then screw that housing up until snug. then screw the screw up until snug. if your batt still auto-fires, you may need to either place shrink wrap over the edge of the negative side of the batt (if your batt is bare there, like the grey pannys are), or you can do the bottle cap fix, which is mentioned in the thread called "CHI YOU $27 clone from Fasttech, more on that battery warning".

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Thank you for that quick response, very much appreciated. I will try that. I was pretty frustrated on Saturday, but then it occured to me with many of my batteries being slightly different size how exactly can it work in a mod that doesn't adjust via threading. That being the case I think I can safely I will stick to adjustable or telescopic mods from now on. Thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread