Status
Not open for further replies.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi All,

Been vaping for a few months now and loving it, building my own coils and using organic cotton balls, so far so good.

Heard a lot of people mention the Koh Gen Do Cotton pads are excellent for wicking but trying to get them at a decent price is a nightmare. I have found these on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Koh-Gen-D...764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d22b5c99c

Untitled.jpg

Are these the same as the ones from the Koh Gen Do website???

Cheers all

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Hi All,

Been vaping for a few months now and loving it, building my own coils and using organic cotton balls, so far so good.

Heard a lot of people mention the Koh Gen Do Cotton pads are excellent for wicking but trying to get them at a decent price is a nightmare. I have found these on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Koh-Gen-D...764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d22b5c99c

View attachment 377745

Are these the same as the ones from the Koh Gen Do website???

Cheers all
They're very expensive but they look legitimate.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi All,

Sorry to revive this thread a quick question, having problems getting a decent amount of KGD at a decent price but have heard of MUJI so I ordered a pack from here this morning

MUJI Online - MUJI Shopping

Just been reading though on another thread somewhere and on Amazon that it is bleached or treated with pectisied. Can anyone confirm that it is natural unbleached chemical free as the site does not give any info in it.

Cheers

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Hi All,

Sorry to revive this thread a quick question, having problems getting a decent amount of KGD at a decent price but have heard of MUJI so I ordered a pack from here this morning

Just been reading though on another thread somewhere and on Amazon that it is bleached or treated with pectisied. Can anyone confirm that it is natural unbleached chemical free as the site does not give any info in it.

Cheers

I use those MUJI pads too, as the KGD pads are so hard to get here in Europe. Never tried KGD, so I can't compare them.

Whether it is bleached or not, similar to the regular cotton balls, it will be washed very very well. So I guess that remnants of the peroxide used for bleaching and any pesticides will be removed during that process. Given the amounts of cotton we use for vaping, I think there is nothing to worry about. But of course that is a decision that everyone should make for themselves.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
I use those MUJI pads too, as the KGD pads are so hard to get here in Europe. Never tried KGD, so I can't compare them.

Whether it is bleached or not, similar to the regular cotton balls, it will be washed very very well. So I guess that remnants of the peroxide used for bleaching and any pesticides will be removed during that process. Given the amounts of cotton we use for vaping, I think there is nothing to worry about. But of course that is a decision that everyone should make for themselves.

Thank you for your reply I'll give them a go when they arrive

Cheers

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Hi All,

Cheers
Someone on reddit e-mailed Muji and asked them,
"So I emailed Muji.

"Dear Broderick,

Thank you for your interest in MUJI. For MUJI Ecru cut cottons: [4548718561247, Cut Cotton / Ecru] and [4548718561254, Cut Cotton / Ecru - L size]

Are they organic? No Are the untreated? No Are they unbleached? Yes Is the cotton used grown pesticide free? No

If you have any further questions, please contact us at (877) 414-9402, or email us at online@muji.com.

Best Regards, Georgie"

http://www.reddit.com/r/ecigclassif...mported_organic_unbleacheduntreated_japanese/

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Someone on reddit e-mailed Muji and asked them,
"So I emailed Muji.

"Dear Broderick,

Thank you for your interest in MUJI. For MUJI Ecru cut cottons: [4548718561247, Cut Cotton / Ecru] and [4548718561254, Cut Cotton / Ecru - L size]

Are they organic? No Are the untreated? No Are they unbleached? Yes Is the cotton used grown pesticide free? No

If you have any further questions, please contact us at (877) 414-9402, or email us at online@muji.com.

Best Regards, Georgie"

http://www.reddit.com/r/ecigclassif...mported_organic_unbleacheduntreated_japanese/

Good info, if authentic (the post was from someone who was earning money with an allegedly healther alternative).

I wonder what untreated=NO means here. What I do know is that I always take a few puffs without inhaling after I changed the MUJI wick, because it seems a little harsh in the beginning. Don't know if this is related to something the pads are treated with nor if these harsh initial puffs are also present with the KGD pads.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Good info, if authentic (the post was from someone who was earning money with an allegedly healther alternative).

I wonder what untreated=NO means here. What I do know is that I always take a few puffs without inhaling after I changed the MUJI wick, because it seems a little harsh in the beginning. Don't know if this is related to something the pads are treated with nor if these harsh initial puffs are also present with the KGD pads.
I assume the "untreated=NO" means it has been chemically treated during processing. I don't know about the harshness, I've never had that with Koh Gen Do.

This is the reason I only use Koh Gen Do.
"Made from 100% cotton that has not been chemically treated, bleached or pigmented. Raised without the use of chemical fertilizer or pesticides to ensure pure, safe quality."
https://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/shopproductdetail.asp?prodID=27&catID=16

I haven't tried any of the other Japanese cotton pads because I haven't had a reason to.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
I assume the "untreated=NO" means it has been chemically treated during processing. I don't know about the harshness, I've never had that with Koh Gen Do.

This is the reason I only use Koh Gen Do.
"Made from 100% cotton that has not been chemically treated, bleached or pigmented. Raised without the use of chemical fertilizer or pesticides to ensure pure, safe quality."
https://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/shopproductdetail.asp?prodID=27&catID=16

I haven't tried any of the other Japanese cotton pads because I haven't had a reason to.

Tried to get KGD or Shiseido pads, just to see how I like the Japanese type cotton, but shipping was like twice the price of the product. And apart from that it was sold out at most regular shops that I can order from. Then found the Muji stuff for a price (4 dollars) that allows for 'the next thing in vaping that I never use again'.

As the Muji stuff showed me that it is really great in many builds, including my favourite at the moment, I might aim for buying some KGD since it is worth the 30 dollars that it would cost me incl shipping.

Mr.Reliant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2010
Ceti Alpha V
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mr.Reliant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2010
Ceti Alpha V