KR808D-1 charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipsed

Mar 31, 2010
Colorado
Posting this here as I don't have access to anywhere else, but need some help. Recently moved to using KR808's from V4L. I purchased the XL batteries along with a USB charger. I was previously an eGo user so not completely new to vaping. I prefer the vape these give, but am finding that they take forever to charge. They are taking around 5-6 hours to charge on the USB charger, but only vape for about 4. Anyone with experience know if the wall charger would work faster?

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
My Kr808 also take ages to charge. About 4 hours. I'm getting 7-8 hours on a charge, but I seem to be a minority. I think I vape quite a lot, but most people seem to be getting 4 hours a charge. Maybe I just got really souped up batts?

It's odd though, because my dad's battery only takes 2 hours to charge. It's from the same kit as mine. I got a "hybrid" kit with one auto and one manual, and I bought 2 extra manuals.

I use all 3 of the manuals (I'm replacing cigs completely), and my dad uses the auto (he's just cutting down). They last for the same amount of time, and we use the same charger (since he only needs it once every 2 or 3 days). But for some reason, his takes half as long to charge as mine do.

I have no idea why. It makes no difference if I just use the USB, or if I use it with the wall charger. Still takes 4 hours. I wonder if the manuals take longer for some reason?

eclipsed

Mar 31, 2010
Colorado
hmmm... well thanks for the info. Someone should really come out with a charging station like they have for the 510's, or a fast charger. Perhaps I will try the Elegant for a longer lasting battery. Don't really feel like moving into more hardcore mods than that and an adapter is out of the question as my eGo batteries are pretty much dead. For some reason I really like the KR808 vape/cartos much better than the 510. I just seem to get a much better flavor. However the 510's I had never had problems, I was able to rotate with 2 batteries and the next would be charged before the first ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread