KR808d1 "graduates", anyone? Need advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Once you get used to the manual batts, you will probably never want autos again. Another option for you would be to get a lazer (Ikenvape sells three slightly different models). Cost is around 30-35 and batts for them are really cheap. The batts last at least as long as my tornado (ego) and they charge much faster. You can get a Kr8 (901) model or 510 and you can also use adapters on them so you can change up. For the price, I just love these things and they aren't big either.

NuMoNiC

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2010
    SLC
    Stacy,
    I was in your exact shoes last week. Wife and I kicked the analogs with the KR808 kits. I didn’t want the big azz long batteries so I got us the personal charger cases (PCC) for $15 for vaporkings. This helps a lot, but we still wanted something with a bigger battery but still sexy and small (IMO those big mods look like light sabers or at least some sort of crazy self-defense weapon). I ended up getting her the Tornado (EGO) from totally wicked a few days ago. She/we love it but man… the 3 piece is such a letdown when you have been using cartomizers. Constantly topping off the juice so it doesn’t taste like burnt azz plastic every 3 drags…..GAH!!! (At one point she asked me to return it)
    What I did to fix the issue was I ordered some 510 cartomizers and KR808 cartomizers. I also ordered the 510 to 901 (808) adapter. This way she can run the 510 cartos and the Kr808 cartos on the Tornado/EGO.
    The battery lasts 3x as long as the old KR808s and it is super sexy!! This is just my 2 cents but I think the atomizer / cart 3 piece is a dying breed and will be more of a pain in the azz then its worth. GL to ya hun!

StaceyM

ECF Veteran
    Dec 27, 2009
    New York
    Mark, I've used all versions of the KR that can be bought. lol My preference is for the regular sized auto's. I've tried shorties, and XL's. A couple of months ago I even caved in and bought some manuals, one regular, one XL. The XL crapped out on me real quick. I bought it from a vendor in China, so I'm not even going to bother returning it. The regular sized manual is holding steady, but then I don't really use it regularly. I mostly use it while I'm waiting for my auto's to finish charging.

Thankfully the vendors I use are great, and they replace the faulty batts, most of the time without even requesting I return the bad ones. I've just really grown tired of fighting with the batteries themselves.

I'm very grateful to each and every reply on this thread, so thanks to all who offered their advice and recommendations. As is true e-cig form it seems, I think my path will be to buy more than one of the suggestions here, and try them out. As soon as my bank account catches up to my train of thought that is. :laugh: (we all know how that is) I'll purchase the first this week. I think I'm going to start off with an eGo, and work my way up to the power-tool versions, like the BB or SB, etc. Been watching you-tube reviews on all of them, because of your recommendations. I'll write down the other models mentioned here and scope them out too. Again, thanks so much for the responses, and feel free to keep 'em coming! :)

StaceyM

ECF Veteran
    Dec 27, 2009
    New York
    Ok, ordered my eGo from Cignot. :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will like it!

I also ordered the adapter from madvapes (thanks Drodz :)) I threw some Maple Creme liquid in the cart too, cause I felt a little funny just buying the $2.49 adapter. (and I've read that the maple creme was real real good :p)

Still have all the other recommendations written down. You guys are the best.

Thank you :wub:

v1John

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2010
    va
    Ok, ordered my eGo from Cignot. :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will like it!

I also ordered the adapter from madvapes (thanks Drodz :)) I threw some Maple Creme liquid in the cart too, cause I felt a little funny just buying the $2.49 adapter. (and I've read that the maple creme was real real good :p)

Still have all the other recommendations written down. You guys are the best.

Thank you :wub:

I'm sure you will like the ego, I have been too confused and I don't know why, but I made up my mind and I'm getting some egos also, eventually. They're only 20 some dollars, and they do so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread