Kuwako is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
Hmm. Still no pricing info. What is your guess? I say $12.99 for Kuwako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I was really close. 9.95 euro is about 13 us dollars. I think that is a great price for this accessory. Hopefully it will show up in US store soon so I can buy one. Nice job Janty!

It seems to me this Kuwako accessory could be a sort of "hors d'oeuvre" to satisfy the appetites of existing eGo users wanting an eGo-style pipe without making us have to buy a whole new batt unit when we've already got a perfectly good eGo or several around.

That said, I do hope this gets developed into a more integrated battery unit that we could eventually buy as an eGo replacement; the shank seems already the right size for a permanently-embedded eGo connector, and the bowl could take at least an 18350 cell -- maybe even a wider, custom cell size for more mAh (e.g., something along the lines of a "26350" or half-D-cell size), considering the eGo apparently uses nonstandard-sized cells already.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Heres a little preview of the Janty NEO Classic Auto in black, on the Kuwako!

IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0616.jpg

It's more of a "Pièce de résistance". About putting a cell in the Kuwako, it would defeat its "Raison d'être". If you consider how much of the neo/ego battery is inside it, you can say it has something like a 450mAh cell incorporated anyway. "Sacré bleu!"
Placing a cell battery in the Kuwako would destroy the design and the idea. As it is now, I think it's so smart yuo can use your Ego batteries in something like a pipe.

I realize its purpose is just to "dress up" an eGo or Neo Classic (as someone called it, "a hat for your eGo"), but to me it seems like one of those "continental kits" you can get to put a fake external spare tire on your car. If I'm going to mount a spare tire on my trunklid or bumper, it should at least be able to hold an actual spare tire to free up room in my trunk.

I prefer a form that is inherently functional, and to me that means I'd want a pipe-shaped PV that makes use of the bowl volume to fit a large battery cell. An 18350 LiCo battery cell holds ~1000 mAh and should easily fit in a bowl of the Kuwako's size. IMO, an ideal place for a button would be on the bowl just left or right of the shank where a finger or thumb could activate it comfortably from a variety of hand positions (thus suitable for left or right handers), or it could be fitted with an auto switch perhaps more fitting for a pipe. Automatic Joye eGos are rarely seen but do exist (CigNot sells them IIRC). The latest vacuum-activated auto switches are quite good (no false triggers in loud environs like mic-based switches), and a deeper connector allowing for air draw holes in the sides of the center pin (vs. middle) eliminates most leakage issues (see Smokeless Image Volt "sealed auto" batts).

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I realize its purpose is just to "dress up" an eGo or Neo Classic (as someone called it, "a hat for your eGo"), but to me it seems like one of those "continental kits" you can get to put a fake external spare tire on your car. If I'm going to mount a spare tire on my trunklid or bumper, it should at least be able to hold an actual spare tire to free up room in my trunk.

I prefer a form that is inherently functional, and to me that means I'd want a pipe-shaped PV that makes use of the bowl volume to fit a large battery cell. An 18350 LiCo battery cell holds ~1000 mAh and should easily fit in a bowl of the Kuwako's size. IMO, an ideal place for a button would be on the bowl just left or right of the shank where a finger or thumb could activate it comfortably from a variety of hand positions (thus suitable for left or right handers), or it could be fitted with an auto switch perhaps more fitting for a pipe. Automatic Joye eGos are rarely seen but do exist (CigNot sells them IIRC). The latest vacuum-activated auto switches are quite good (no false triggers in loud environs like mic-based switches), and a deeper connector allowing for air draw holes in the sides of the center pin (vs. middle) eliminates most leakage issues (see Smokeless Image Volt "sealed auto" batts).

Your statement is like saying "Hey, this bike light would be better if it had a bike attached to it". It doesnt, cause its a pipe-head. Nothing more, and it was never intended to be more.

The specific reason for making this, are two-fold:

1) Its a low cost accessory for those wanting a pipe as good as an eGo

2) Its a low cost way to make a pipe - seeing as what you are describing isnt hard, then it isnt cheap either - there has to be a market for it ; if that market isnt there, then you just wasted alot of money - we judge that the market isnt quite there yet; but we still wanted to give people something they could put on the eGo, so atleast they could have a cool looking eGo, with the form factor of a pipe.

So some people will see the point in this, others such as yourself, might not - still; we are not losing money on it, and the customers we have that like this are getting something low-cost, that they love.

Thats what i call win-win :)

p.s. If youre looking for a good auto battery you might want to check out the Janty NEO Classic Auto batteries - theyre specifically designed for usage with this pipe head.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I've been using my Kuwako all day and I just ordered another one. I think you really came up with a good ideal. I smoked a pipe quite a bit before I started vaping and an e-pipe appealed to me but the thought of having to push a button to make it work didn't. I've been vaping a 1300 auto battery for the last year and often puffed on it like a pipe but having the Kuwako pipe bowl makes all the difference in the world. It is really well designed and really comfortable to hold. I like the flat bottom too it allows you to set it down anywhere without a holder and you don't have to worry about it rolling off your desk like a regular PV. It is so much nicer in your hand than it is in pictures or the videos. I'm just really pleased with it and very surprised by how much I really like it.
:2cool:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I've been using my Kuwako all day and I just ordered another one. I think you really came up with a good ideal. I smoked a pipe quite a bit before I started vaping and an e-pipe appealed to me but the thought of having to push a button to make it work didn't. I've been vaping a 1300 auto battery for the last year and often puffed on it like a pipe but having the Kuwako pipe bowl makes all the difference in the world. It is really well designed and really comfortable to hold. I like the flat bottom too it allows you to set it down anywhere without a holder and you don't have to worry about it rolling off your desk like a regular PV. It is so much nicer in your hand than it is in pictures or the videos. I'm just really pleased with it and very surprised by how much I really like it.
:2cool:

Thats good to hear ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread