Laisimo L1 200w

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got them in at the shop wednesday, and I played with one for a while....thoughts....two 18650 200 watt device,no such animal. Screen is not a touch screen, similar to smy 60 screen. not 100% certain, but i could not find a way to upload your own picture for the background, you must use the three options it provides. Buttons are nice. Nice finish on it. all I got.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Haven't figured out changing the background either. It appears that feature is only compatible with Win 7. The instructions look a little...complicated. Not a huge deal for me, I couldn't care less about the screen, but I imagine it'll be of major importance to some people.

One thing I've noticed. It seems to have some issues with power regulation when the batteries drop below 3.40 v. Almost starts acting like a mech, diminishing power and such. Because of this, I've had to pull the batteries prior to cut off. Seems strange to me for a regulated mod to do that, I'd expect it to provide consistent power all the way down to low voltage cut off like my other mods. Also, I've vaped through 2 battery changes so far, and both sets came out unevenly discharged (not an issue with batteries, same batts discharge evenly in my Fuchai and IPV3).

Not a deal breaker at this point, but it seemed worth mentioning. Everything else is great. Haven't used it in Temp mode yet. We'll see.

Last edited:

LimJaheyyy

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2015
Pittsburgh
I remember seeing somewhere the extra wallpapers will be available with future software updates.
Ive been using it all week and my batteries do discharge evenly(well, very close)
It does slowly let you down instead of just cutting you off like most mods do, and i dont mind that.
Screen is not touch, neither are both of the new sigeleis coming out. I imagine they will have the same guts, same company

LimJaheyyy

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2015
Pittsburgh
Mine arrived. I got the red. Looks great, the screen is definitely nice, no button rattle here either. Fits in the hand like my IPV3.

Is it just me, or is it a bit of a PITA to install the batteries? Probably just me, not yet having The Touch.
I figured it out, you just push the rim of the battery on to the post that sticks out. Since they flex in, its gives you more space to squeeze em in

Reactions: jambi

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
I figured it out, you just push the rim of the battery on to the post that sticks out. Since they flex in, its gives you more space to squeeze em in
Had mine a week now, got The Touch with installing the batteries, as you described.

I like the screen, mainly because I can actually read it without glasses. Fine with me that it's not touch. It's simple to navigate the menus.

My batteries are discharging (mostly) evenly now. Only thing I'm on the fence about is the wonky cut off. I wonder if the cut-off just isn't functioning on mine. Last night I kept vaping it after the performance dropped off, to see when the cut off would kick in. I gave up when my batts were drained to 3.01 and 3.04, and still no cut-off. My Fuchai and IPV 3 both cut off above 3.20. Not a big deal, I guess, just different.

All in all happy. Definitely a solid, classy looking mod.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Well I go one, and went through hell uploading pictures to it LOL
Here are some of my pics if you want to use them...
http://s223.photobucket.com/user/scubabatdan/library/Laisimo L1
When you download them, open them with windows Paint and save them as .bmp 24bit and you can upload them to the Laisimo L1

Problem I had with uploading pictures and seeing the device on Windows...
First I ran the Patch_x64 program that installed the drivers.
Then I connected the Laisimo pulled one battery, held the Fire and + button at the same time and put the battery back in waited 4 sec and released both buttons.
Then I checked the device manager for the "STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port" and noted the COM number (COM3 was its port assignment).
Next I tried to upload a picture... Wrong format.
I used Photoshop 320 x 240 24bit BMP format and it did not work.
I then opened the same picture in Windows Paint and saved it as a BMP 24bit
Now I can select the picture, attempted upload... delete error.
I then checked the software version number (L1_N-MUO-0746) and attempted to upload the firmware V1. Success!
I Unplugged and reset the Laisimo and reconnected and attempted to upload the picture again. Success!!!

Blu-tooth...
I have an iPhone 6 and downloaded the "Vapor Club" app. Now "Hint" the Laisimo does not show up under Bluetooth-discover-able connections on the iPhone 6, you have to turn on the Laisimo L1 Blu-tooth and the open the app, in the app it finds the device and you can pair to it without any password. The only thing I could really do is change the power setting from the phone and see the puff count, when I pressed the fire button and how many seconds I fired real time. Good for a quick information status on the device. But I can do all of that just by looking at the device screen. I guess the nice thing about the app is you can track your daily puff count and set targets.

Some pics of the ultimate Storm Trooper mod...
IMG_4463_zpsydf2hm95.jpg

IMG_4471_zpsllw7fquo.jpg

Hope this helps someone.
Dan

Romenov

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Well I go one, and went through hell uploading pictures to it LOL
Here are some of my pics if you want to use them...
http://s223.photobucket.com/user/scubabatdan/library/Laisimo L1
When you download them, open them with windows Paint and save them as .bmp 24bit and you can upload them to the Laisimo L1

Problem I had with uploading pictures and seeing the device on Windows...
First I ran the Patch_x64 program that installed the drivers.
Then I connected the Laisimo pulled one battery, held the Fire and + button at the same time and put the battery back in waited 4 sec and released both buttons.
Then I checked the device manager for the "STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port" and noted the COM number (COM3 was its port assignment).
Next I tried to upload a picture... Wrong format.
I used Photoshop 320 x 240 24bit BMP format and it did not work.
I then opened the same picture in Windows Paint and saved it as a BMP 24bit
Now I can select the picture, attempted upload... delete error.
I then checked the software version number (L1_N-MUO-0746) and attempted to upload the firmware V1. Success!
I Unplugged and reset the Laisimo and reconnected and attempted to upload the picture again. Success!!!

Blu-tooth...
I have an iPhone 6 and downloaded the "Vapor Club" app. Now "Hint" the Laisimo does not show up under Bluetooth-discover-able connections on the iPhone 6, you have to turn on the Laisimo L1 Blu-tooth and the open the app, in the app it finds the device and you can pair to it without any password. The only thing I could really do is change the power setting from the phone and see the puff count, when I pressed the fire button and how many seconds I fired real time. Good for a quick information status on the device. But I can do all of that just by looking at the device screen. I guess the nice thing about the app is you can track your daily puff count and set targets.

Some pics of the ultimate Storm Trooper mod...
IMG_4463_zpsydf2hm95.jpg

IMG_4471_zpsllw7fquo.jpg

Hope this helps someone.
Dan

I like the star wars wallpapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread