Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not sure I understand your question/point. I wouldn't vape anywhere if I knew it wasn't allowed there. I wouldn't smoke somewhere it wasn't allowed. I wouldn't drink alcohol somewhere it wasn't allowed. I wouldn't fornicate somewhere it wasn't allowed. I tend not to do things in places where I know they're specifically forbidden/not allowed.
I asked if you would be fine with those prohibitions.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
On the University of Texas "tobacco free" campus. From their website:

Will the use of e-cigarettes be permitted?

No. The FDA does not consider e-cigarettes to be a safe nicotine delivery system or smoking cessation strategy and their use is prohibited on university property for purposes of this policy and as required by CPRIT. However, other forms of approved nicotine replacement therapy such as gum and patches are available in the campus Forty Acres Pharmacy located in the Student Services Building and in several Division of Housing & Food Service campus stores. See FDA information on e-cigarettes.

PS - I was outside and the one who told me to stop was a campus cop.

Last edited:

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
On the University of Texas "tobacco free" campus. From their website:

Will the use of e-cigarettes be permitted?

No. The FDA does not consider e-cigarettes to be a safe nicotine delivery system or smoking cessation strategy and their use is prohibited on university property for purposes of this policy and as required by CPRIT. However, other forms of approved nicotine replacement therapy such as gum and patches are available in the campus Forty Acres Pharmacy located in the Student Services Building and in several Division of Housing & Food Service campus stores. See FDA information on e-cigarettes.

PS - I was outside and the one who told me to stop was a campus cop.

Only activities considered safe by the federal government are allowed by a public institution in TEXAS? YGBSM! Time for Texas-based vapers to be writing politicians!

Yeah I live just a few miles from UT, we're in Travis County which has passed a ban on e-cigarettes in and on all county owned property.

STEALTH VAPING RULEZ!

MrPloom

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
chicago
Strangely, Texas is usually the other way around - always complaining about the Feds and suing them to lessen regulations and mandates. Hell, we can't even get texting while driving banned here. Odd.

Its legal to text and drive there? Incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
IMO two of the worst places to "vape because you can" are restaurants and movie theaters. Movie theaters, it should be obvious that exhaled vapor could cause other patrons irritation, and it doesn't take much. That's asking to cause an issue. Restaurants, since one of the only significant things exhaled vapor carries is scent/smell, you are interfering with other patrons' eating experience vis a vis taste.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
IMO two of the worst places to "vape because you can" are restaurants and movie theaters. Movie theaters, it should be obvious that exhaled vapor could cause other patrons irritation, and it doesn't take much. That's asking to cause an issue. Restaurants, since one of the only significant things exhaled vapor carries is scent/smell, you are interfering with other patrons' eating experience vis a vis taste.

I Stealth Vape in both...
I am very discrete, and use very low aroma juice.
I've never had the slightest hint that the person in the seat next to mine was even suspicious that I was doing anything other than watching the movie, and munching on my popcorn.

And I guarantee that no one at any nearby restaurant table could tell...

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I Stealth Vape in both...
I am very discrete, and use very low aroma juice.
I've never had the slightest hint that the person in the seat next to mine was even suspicious that I was doing anything other than watching the movie, and munching on my popcorn.

And I guarantee that no one at any nearby restaurant table could tell...

That's you. As for there rest of the millions of vapers out there ... how many are going to go through that length to eliminate impact on others?

What you've posted is case in point, the fact that you have to take so many precations acknowledges it's quite easy to make a nuisance of yourself in either situation, and with the preference of many vapers toward high vapor volume ... I stand firmly behind my statement.

You may think you are being stealth but even stealth vaping gets noticed sometimes.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
That's you. As for there rest of the millions of vapers out there ... how many are going to go through that length to eliminate impact on others?

What you've posted is case in point, the fact that you have to take so many precautions acknowledges it's quite easy to make a nuisance of yourself in either situation, and with the preference of many vapers toward high vapor volume ... I stand firmly behind my statement.

You may think you are being stealth but even stealth vaping gets noticed sometimes.

Yes, I am very diligent in not making a nuisance of myself with my vaping.
I'll even mix up a bottle of 24mg straight PG if I'm going to be stuck in a crowded area, just to make sure that I can eliminate the visible vapor and that there is no aroma to be smelled.

I've converted, or at least interested, a lot of smokers into taking up vaping just for the times and places where they can't smoke. I teach stealth vaping and I stress the vapor/olfactory factors when I do so...

Get them to stealth vape in the office, they're not going outside every hour or 2 to smoke, they're more productive, and the boss gets off their ... a bit.. AND the more they vape the less they smoke, and eventually a lot of them will switch completely.

That was my personal reason to start vaping and why I quit smoking...

I figure it won't work for everyone, but if it worked for me it'll work for at least some others...

DHP1303

Jan 4, 2013
Tucson
I was asked to stop at a Diamondback v. Dodgers game "because the vapor still contained nicotine", sushi joint, a few other resturaunts, my office (even though their is no HR policy and my manager doesn't care), I was also asked to stop while in Mexico inside various bars and resturaunts-----Most bars don't care, but I try to be discrete in food places or stores like the grocery store, department store, Home depot, etc.... the best is when someone catches the cloud of vapor out of the corner of their eye and then turn around to look at me and I have already slid it back on my pocket...they always look sooo confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread