Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDER71

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Still no email from Volcano. Talked to CS again, no email. I am now using the Lavatube and cannot get to fail. Go figure!! Maybe it just needed broke in?? I have used it with all of the batteries I have, so far NO FAIL:toast:

In the meantime, I have a Provari on order:D

Last edited:

OLDER71

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Still no email from Volcano. Talked to CS again, no email. I am now using the Lavatube and cannot get to fail. Go figure!! Maybe it just needed broke in?? I have used it with all of the batteries I have, so far NO FAIL:toast:

In the meantime, I have a Provari on order:D

It's still working:toast:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
i was about to order one.. thank god i saw this post...

Just because a few units wind up with QC issues does not mean the device is a fail.True some have had problems with the units they recieved but you never here about the devices that work fine out of the box like mine.I purchased one a little over three weeks ago and it is still going strong,no problems,no glitches.I am sure the users having the problems will get it worked out with CS.

OLDER71

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
My gray LT was reporting "82" and quitting on Me earlier. Then it started working for about a week. Now it is refusing to work at all. I have contacted CS twice via phone and they were to send Me a return ticket----- still no email:evil: I tried to add their email address (as suggested on the website) to My Microsoft email address book---- It says no such address exists:evil: I will try again Monday to talk to them via phone. I WANT A NEW ONE< NOT A RETURN LABEL.

I have two other LT2's with no issues, and am very fond of them. I hope that someone at Volcano looks at this forum, but I doubt it:2c:

OLDER71

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
My gray LT was reporting "82" and quitting on Me earlier. Then it started working for about a week. Now it is refusing to work at all. I have contacted CS twice via phone and they were to send Me a return ticket----- still no email:evil: I tried to add their email address (as suggested on the website) to My Microsoft email address book---- It says no such address exists:evil: I will try again Monday to talk to them via phone. I WANT A NEW ONE< NOT A RETURN LABEL.

I have two other LT2's with no issues, and am very fond of them. I hope that someone at Volcano looks at this forum, but I doubt it:2c:

Just posted on Volcano's forum, Let's see if they monitor their on forum. Told them I wanted a replacement or I would make it My mission to spread the word that their customer service "suck big time":evil:

OLDER71

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Finally recieved email from CS, with return label. I notice that they are out of stock. Is that because of Chinese new year or BAD BATCH of units??? I will be sending My unit back tomorrow:mad:

They had My unit for two weeks, with NO WORD from them. I emailed them and got the response "that My unit was indeed defective" They have FedExed a replacement. I wonder how long it would have been if I had not emailed them????

I think maybe they had run out of units, and did not want to respond until they could actually DO SOMETHING:evil:

OLDER71

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
They had My unit for two weeks, with NO WORD from them. I emailed them and got the response "that My unit was indeed defective" They have FedExed a replacement. I wonder how long it would have been if I had not emailed them????

I think maybe they had run out of units, and did not want to respond until they could actually DO SOMETHING:evil:

Got My Gray LT2 back today, so far so good.

McGarnagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Got a new problem with my Lavatube V2. Not sure I should start a new thread. Anyway, I will start off with the fact I had the error 82 issue at one time, but once I cleaned the threads that was cleared up. Yet now I have a new issue, and I think it is some sort of short at the carto connection. I place a carto on the device, and I check the ohms. Everything looks fine, and then I fire it. First hit is ok. Then I check the ohms again, and it is reduced to about 1.5 ohms (most of my cartos are 2.2 to 2.4 ohms). Fire again, and it goes down to 0.7 ohms. At this point I can't vape, and then I get the Low ohms signal. This happens with multiple cartos, and I have tried those cartos on an old battery I have and they work fine. If I loosen the carto ever so slightly on the Lavatube, it actually works fine. Yet that makes it tough since any slight movement causes a open circuit (infinite resistance). The worst thing is the problem is intermittent. I think heat is an issue too. As it heats up, it gets worse. If it's cool, sometimes it works fine.

Looks like I will be talking to CS. Sadly, from the looks of things, they ask for it to be sent back, check it, and then determine a replacement. That sucks IMO. I wish they do like some other places I have dealt with and send you a replacement right away if you give them a credit card number. If you don't send your unit back in, then they charge you for the new one. So much better and quicker that way. I really don't want to have to wait weeks for a replacement of a defective product. If that turns out to be the case I will probably just push for a refund and get a different unit. Of course if they don't find an issue I really hope they don't ship it back to me.

Last edited:

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
Got a new problem with my Lavatube V2. Not sure I should start a new thread. Anyway, I will start off with the fact I had the error 82 issue at one time, but once I cleaned the threads that was cleared up. Yet now I have a new issue, and I think it is some sort of short at the carto connection. I place a carto on the device, and I check the ohms. Everything looks fine, and then I fire it. First hit is ok. --SNIP-2-SAVE--

I know this post is a little dated but I thought I should tell you if I let to much juice leak into the well on the LT carto connector area that VG juice is highly conductive and it drops my Ohm reading to the bottoms of hadies. Then PFFFFfffTTT Short circut code. Clean it out and 1.7 ohms steady she goes.
----The well is where that spring loaded connector resides.---
Both Poly Glycol [PG] and Vegtibal Glycerin [VG] are conductive but VG more so then PG. Because of the sugary like carbon properties it has. Spill a little on a dish and measure it with a multi-volt-Ohm meter you will be surprised. I'm beginning to think those wett wells may be the most common demize of the Lava Tube:evil:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread