Lavatube and Protected Batts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
So I got a lavatube, and I know my clone AW IMR 18650 battery it came with has issues/is bad. The charge only lasts 4 hours or less, totaly blows. However, most places are out of AW IMR batts. (and the place I got it from is out so I can't warrenty it yet...)

So I have several 18650 TrustFire 2400mah protected batteries (The one with the flames). I put those in the lava tube, and I know the are about 3mm longer, but the cap closes mostly, and the lavatube turns on, and lets me vape.

HOWEVER, it seems after a few minutes of vaping, or if I try to dial up the voltage, the lavatube just shuts off, and won't turn back on until I take the battery out, wait 10 seconds, then put it back in. Happens all the time, many different cartos, etc... (1.5 oh, 2.0 ohm, 2.5 ohm and 3.0 ohm)

The LT works fine with the AW IMR battery.... just that I only get less than 4 hours of vaping out of it.

I've seen several reviews, and seen people say protected batteries work in the lavatube.. but just the end cap only closes about of the 80%, but they still work...

Is this true? Anyone out there using the LT with 18650 protected batts with no problems? could there be something wrong with my LT? I have 4 trustfire batteries, and they work fine in other devices, so I don't think its the batteries.

Thanks.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Most likely what's happening with your Trustfire is the protection circuit is tripping on the battery. Protected batteries don't have as high of current drain capability and when stressed will trip the circuit. In a one battery config with a booster circuit like the LT uses more current is needed. It's usually ok with a high ohm carto/atty as long as the voltage isn't adjusted to high but still not optimal. You might try lowering the voltage to see if that helps keep it from tripping.

I've checked several places and the AW IMR 18650 is showing in stock at lighthound.com, empiremods.com, supertmanufacturing.com, cloudsofvapor.com and rtdvapor. One of those should get you going.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread