Lavatube ATTY???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
You definitely want to stay away from low resistance atomizers with the LT. I would go with a 2.5-3 Ohm atomizer so that you can play with the full voltage range of your new VV mod. You can buy decent atty's from several vendors but Ikenvape has some really exceptional ones. They're a little pricey but worth every penny!

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I have a lot of different types of attys and cartos and such and in my opinion my very fave to use on the Lavatube is 510 clearomizers (i have 2.4 to 2.6 ohms) from Totally Wicked. I have some larger ones of the same style on order from somewhere else that I dont remember at the moment. So far on my LT i have tried the LT atty, 306 atties, Resurrectors, dual coil cartos, 510 Boges umm, i think thats about it. And if you wanna go high voltage, try not to go too LR or it will adjust itself down.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Arcticchill360,

The great thing about vv is that you can use such a wide range of atties/cartos on it. I use cartos except to drip and try new flavors. But, you should be just fine with anything in the 2.0Ω - 4.0Ω range. Anything lower than 2Ω will probably still work. Just be sure to set the voltage on your lt to min (3.0v) and work your way up if you're using low Ω stuff. Anything over 4.0Ω and you may not get enough warmth/vapor/taste. That still leaves almost anything made that will work well with the lt. I have some lr bridgeless atties that I bought that are too hot even on an ego. Might give them a go at 3v and see if they work. Otherwise I've pretty much written those off as a bad investment. I've tried a 4.5Ω carto at 6v and found it was underpowered. Fortunately only ordered 2 of those. Another thing to toss in the sock drawer for possible future use :p

After amassing a huge stockpile of cartos/atties trying to find the best setup for my ego before buying a vv, then trying all of them on vv devices, I've found that my favorite for vv is just a plain old boge sr carto (2.8Ω - 3.0Ω). They're inexpensive, readily available from most anyplace that sells cartos, and they just plain work well. Also, the lt comes with a 3.5Ω atty if you ordered the kit. Always good to have a spare or two around, but if you're already vaping, pretty much anything you have on hand will be usable just by adjusting the voltage on the lt.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Edit: I should have noted that the above was assuming a single coil carto/atty. Dual coil, probably something less than 2.5Ω would be best.

Last edited:

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Along the same sort of line ;o) I have got the LT on order along with one of the Tanks,puff daddy or something like that lols
The Attys that seem to be available with these are Dual Coil and if I understand correctly these types of Attys will not work too well with the LT ?? has anyone got any recommendations of alternative Attys to use with this sort of set up ???

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Along the same sort of line ;o) I have got the LT on order along with one of the Tanks,puff daddy or something like that lols
The Attys that seem to be available with these are Dual Coil and if I understand correctly these types of Attys will not work too well with the LT ?? has anyone got any recommendations of alternative Attys to use with this sort of set up ???

DC Cartos require a lot of amperage drain to operate so when you're pushing up the voltage you quickly exceede the LT amp limit. You can still use them you just can't go very high on the voltage scale and that's usually where the DC cartos shine. They do make a 2.5 ohm DC Carto that will allow you more of the voltage range than the 1.5 ohm most people are using.

Other than that any single coil atty or carto rated at 2.4 ohm or above should give you the full voltage range. Lower can be used also but the lower you go the less range your going to have available which is usually a non issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread