LAVATUBE weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapolog

Sep 12, 2012
UAEU
Hi all,

its actually 2 problems, dont know if they are related but they appeared at same time so...

First problem is, one of the 18650 batteries makes some strange noises when I pull it out of the device ?!

Second problem, spring on the bottom cap is separated from cap and what happens is, when I put batteries in lavatube then I put spring back in cap and try to screw it on lavatube. Device just turns on when I make first contact and then swiftly turns off (probably short circuit protection kicking in) and the spring on the bottom cap is now melting HOT!

Anyone has ANY idea whats this about?

LAVATUBE is 1 month old, bought in China, has 3-6 V regulation, 2x2200mAh batteries 18650.

All suggestions are more than welcome!!!

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Yea that is a wierd problem. :ohmy: I would say do not use it. Sounds like a huge problem. If that spring is getting hot your battery could possibly maybe explode or something. I know that the Reos have a "hot spring in them. That means if the spring gets hot it will collapse causing the unit to stop firing to protect the user. That means if that spring is getting hot and touching the battery it is very dangerous. I would say the noise you are hearing may possibly be the inside of the battery getting hot. Keep it away from your face....or any other body parts for that matter. :laugh: I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in but i would say buy another PV.

tuscani53

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
clarion PA
lava tubes are good quality and 9 out of 10 e-cigs are produced in china I would say its just a simple defect. The problem with buying direct from china is that they dont wanna honor a warranty on one product because shipping is more than one kit so they normaly wanna just give you credit if it was that easy to buy direct from china half of the US based websites wouldnt be in bussiness if you buy from an american supplier they can just ship you a replacement and then get the credit on their next order from the supplier I got my lavatube from e-smokeonline.com with a 90 day warranty so far no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread