Lead Us Not Into Temptation ..... (long, newbie support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiforever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
A-town, TN
I am so thankful to have found this forum last week. I'm not sure I could have made it this long without it. Like many of you oldies and newbies, I started with a cig-alike. Dropped $59 for South Beach Smoke starter kit (with 5 cartos). When it first came in, I have to admit, I LOVED it. I ordered the lowest strength menthol (I smoked Ultra Light Menthol analogs). The ecig tasted so fresh, I really started preferring the taste the first day.

I had a goal of quitting in one year when I ordered these. To my surprise, by day 3, I couldn't bear to put another analog to my mouth. I would think I wanted one, take 3 drags, and stomp it out. I had 3/4 pack remaining that I felt obligated to finish. On day 3, however, I noticed that the cartos weren't lasting nearly as long as advertised (and I was barely vaping it), and 2 cartos tasted burnt. Day 3 was also my first day with absolutely no stinkies. By Day 4 (Saturday), I cringed every time I took a drag/vape. The taste was awful! I work 12 hour shifts Sat/Sun. I left work Sat night, practically running to my car, yearning for the relief of vaping. Guess what? Another burned tasting carto. At this point, I had one remaining that I refused to open because I knew I wouldn't get my new equip/ejuice until at least today. I had a great idea of stopping at walgreens and buying a disposable Blu.

BIG big mistake. Horrible. First, the disposable was $9.99. What on earth is the purpose of that???? The pkg stated it's equivalent of "about a pack" of cigs. For $10????? I was desperate and didn't care. I got to my car, ripped open the pkg and the dang thing didn't work! I walked right back in and they wouldn't refund me, but did get me another one. I got back out to my car and took a drag of the absolute WORST ecig I could ever imagine. How do people get started on those things??? UGH. I took 3 drags total and I think the thing is still sitting on the floorboard of my car where I threw it. It took everything I had not to stop and grap a pack of analogs after that because nothing was satisfying my craving. I took the high road and resisted the urge, went home and went straight to bed.

Luckily, on Sunday the ecig didn't taste so bad. Maybe it was better compared to that nasty Blu thing. Monday wasn't bad except that my battery died when I was out and about. Since I didn't like the taste, it wasn't a big deal.

Because of this forum, I ordered new equpment (eGo twist, mini novas, and a T4) and 9 sample bottles from 2 different vendors. AIV currently has a long waiting period, so I knew I'd be waiting a bit on those.

Naturally, my mailman came extremely later than usual today. I checked the mail (count with me) five, yes FIVE times before I got the goods. I was so lucky, all of my equipment came in AND some samples from HHV. I read a lot about steeping and shaking, but I already knew I wasn't waiting 2 days before trying the juice.

After several vigorous shakes and about, oh, 30 minutes steep time, I got out a syringe and blunt needle and filled up the clearo with "Angel's Kiss." I officially thought I had died and gone to heaven. I probably vaped on my mod for 2 hours, barely putting it down. My lovely pink mod is laying on my chest as I type this post. For the first time since I started all of this, I actually went to the garage, away from the noise, and just enjoyed the vape. My husband is finally convinced I've kicked the analogs, and cleaned all traces of them from the garage.

Had it not been for the hundreds of posts and comments I read here, I would have picked analogs back up. That, and the fact that I hate the way they taste now were the two biggest driving forces. I never, ever expected to quit in 2-3 days (remember, my goal was a year).

Thank you and I hope I can help somebody out there as much as you guys have helped me!:toast:

bdeef

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Good for you for sticking with it! I too just ordered a twist (still waiting on it). I have been using something similar to south beach, called v2. I've used them for about a year (don't ask me how) & was getting so annoyed with the dead batteries & burnt carts!

Thanks to this forum I upgraded to the twist, also!

Good luck & happy vaping!

Lead me not into temptation. I have no trouble finding it myself.

Usually on this site.

Yes, the Blu is absolutely awful-tasting, although I do hear people actually like the menthol. I got the "tobacco" tasting one, which was more like sucking on a burnt piece of electrical insulation. I'd already found this site, so I knew it was all downhill from that experience.

I thrashed a bit until I found a liquid I liked, but once I did that was pretty much the end of it. Then I played with variable voltage. Then delivery systems. I finally found a combination that works for me.

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
Congrats on your success! It's nice to hear of so many people kicking the cigarette habit without having to go through the torture of cold turkey. Well, torture is an exageration but you'd have had a tough time getting me to admit that during the many many times I tried to quit. I'm not a veteran vaper by any means but I'll repeat some good advice I've seen several times just in case you haven't seen it yet. Make sure you have a good supply of juice to hold you in the event that your next order gets delayed or lost in the mail. Also, stuff breaks from time to time so if possible have an emergency backup of your favorite vaping equipment (or even one that may not be your favorite but you could fall back on in an emergency) in case your batteries die or your charger quits working. Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread