Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi Imeo,
I want to be your friend, my GG says I am. :)

I can see the flat area that has been machined, the problem is that it is not machined enough, the thread is clearly visible on the 'flat area' in my photograph above.

The thread is completely 100% visible right to a run off on the edge of the tank, it is approximately 0.2mm deep visible on the tank edge if you look at the tank from the top.

There is no proper seal for the O ring regardless of the size.

o-ring can take 0,2mm my friend Stone when its tight on this area. O-ring is made for this purpose. So please put a bigger one and you will see that I am right. But before start searching for o-ring, better do as I told you with teflon. Teflon is not for sealing, o-ring will still seal the place. Teflon is only to make the area that o-ring fits a little fatter so o-ring will get bigger that way.

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Imeo,
I give you credit for having some engineering experience. So I assume you will understand technical data from the Parker O ring handbook that you may be wise to follow in your future efforts.

4.1 Surface Finish for Static O-Ring Seals
The design charts indicate a surface roughness value not to
exceed 32 micro-inches (32 rms) on the sealing surfaces for
static seals with a maximum of 16 rms recommended for
face-type gas seals. These fi gures are good general guidelines,
but they do not tell the whole story.
Equally important is the method used to produce the fi nish.
If the surface is produced by turning the part on a lathe, or
by some other method that produces scratches and ridges that
follow the direction of the groove, a very rough surface will
still seal effectively. Some methods such as end milling or
routing, however, will produce scratches that cut across the
O-ring. Even these may have a rather high roughness value
if the profi le across them shows rounded “valleys” that the
rubber can readily fl ow into. Usually, these tool marks have
sharp, deep, angular valleys that the O-ring material will
not penetrate or fi ll completely. For this type of surface, the
recommended roughness values should not be exceeded.

0.2mm is about 8 thou, or 80000 u inches, so these grooves are 5000 times deeper than that recommended for O rings in a static seal and 2500 times the maximum from the design charts. Changing O ring sizes will increase compression pressure but will not change the seal problems. A machined aluminium surface with a single O ring seal will hold a high vaccum for quite a while, I used to work in a ion plating lab. I have also spent a year of my apprenticeship a long time ago in a machine shop. I know a faulty product when I see it. I can also repair it .. with a lathe, by turning another 0.2mm off the top of the tank, studying the o ring manual, and cutting a seat to suit on the tank top and chasing up a bigger O ring. Its going to be tight though.

However, I did not spend $300 on a 'premium' and 'perfect' product to go and find a lathe I can use then trying to find different O rings. Also one minor problem and I have no AVS at all as I assume this would be considered user damage.

Your warranty thread says I have a lifetime warranty, australian law says I have a 2 week statutory warranty under the following reasons.

As a consumer, you are legally entitled to a refund, exchange or repair from the place of purchase if goods you purchase:
  • have a fault you did not know about when you bought it
  • are not the same as the seller or advertisement described
  • don’t do the job you were led to believe they would
  • don’t match the sample
  • don’t last a reasonable amount of time, given the price you paid.
If you receive a service that is not of a standard that a reasonable person would expect, you are entitled to a refund or free repeat service.

1) I did not know the AVS would leak
2) The ads failed to mention the product is not finished and I need a good lathe and access to a good range of O rings.
3) yep, I'm supposed to be able to fill the tank
4) never saw a sample, let you off here
5) was faulty from the minute it left the workshop.

Now I am in a quandary, I do not wish to send this back for a refund as for some insane reason I want this product. Unlike you, I can make it work properly.

I can accept that shipping new units to everyone will cost. The point is that these should never have left in the state they are in and your reputation would stay intact. I have contacted the seller to maybe do an under the table deal to swap my AVS for a better one, problem .. he says they are all like this. There is no better one to swap with.

You are selling garbage currently my friend, tokes was right all along after all. Build quality poor, quality control - non existant, warranty - a joke, after sales service .. smoke and mirrors.

Good luck with the GG, I hope the next batch is better. I will see you on youtube and every other ecig forum I can find posting my GG repair hints for other users with access to a lathe.
I expect to be banned from ecf.

out.

keon718nyc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: antagonistic comment

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I find it really something that Stonehill wont take his money back, if the product is faulty Stonhill Imeo will surely give you a refund, but to beat someone up in the fashion you did in public forum just doesn't seem right to me when you could easily PM Imeo in private and discuss your issues with your unit, all of Imeo's customers know how Imeo treats his friends and thats why we are all friends. I suggest you PM him if you have an issue rather than try to make him & his products look bad on this forum which we all know isnt true one bit, and if there was an issue Imeo would take care of your unit in a heartbeat yet you dont want to return it, hmmm strange.! somethings not right with that one bit, I am sure if there was an issue Imeo would tell you to send your unit back to him and he would even send you another one that was as perfect as they get, I think your really going about this in the wrong fashion and need to use another way,, Imeo is a stand up kind of guy and the reason he has 10,000 friends.! Somethings just not right about this hmmmmmm I say to myself here Hmmmmm how would I handle this differently if I had a real issue.!! Much differently myself, what about all the rest of Imeo's friends how would you handle this.? or even a new customer, would you try to reach Imeo and speak with him first or write what the OP did

Zaiden

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Ohio
Stone,

I got to tell you...I'm having NO issues with my GGTSv2 and AVS. I've been using it non-stop since the first day. This means that they are not all broken, but if you took Imeo's advice on trying a new o-ring and it doesn't work I would be ...... as well. I'm sure Imeo will take care of you if it's defective. Just know that mine is working flawlessly and it's made vaping a much better experience than ever before. I highly recommend not missing out on this device and giving up on it.

booker

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
London
I hope you do get banned!!!!
Explaining / sorting out is better than banning. You ban every person having an issue here? Gimmie a break.

Zaiden said:
I got to tell you...I'm having NO issues with my GGTSv2 and AVS.
Same here. (well had one, the threads marks on the telescope but this has been explained / sorted).

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have tryed several other ways of handling this .. all fail. My dealer told me that I would need to contact Imeo directly.

The evidence is in the photos, O rings do not seal on threads, I have posted information by some O ring manufacturers. I do not want a refund as I want a working AVS, thats why I paid for one. I do not see Imeo jumping to send me a replacement and my dealer has confirmed all his are faulty in the same fashion so no luck there.

My only solution apart from band aids at this point is repair with a lathe, this annoys me.

I could deal with this privately but why shouldn't I post on the GG area of the forums in a pre-existing thread about AVS leaks. Isn't that what it is here for.

Since Imeo is a stand up guy I should not have to add teflon tape, vaseline and new o rings to my brand new product as my new unit that seals would be on its way to me from either my supplier or Imeo.

First option .... attempt simple repair .. fail, not simple.
Second option .. contact distributor .. fail, no help there.
Third option .. ask nicely for a solution, fail, put a bigger o ring in.
Fourth option .. explain O ring problem, fail, get told O rings are for this.
Fifth option .. explain and link O ring theory and statutory rights, fail, you guys say I have an agenda and smell rats.
Sixth option, repair it myself and post information on how to do it on every forum and thread I can find to help others. yet to do but I see no better option currently.

My first option here was too contact with indisputable evidence of a fault on my lifetime guaranteed AVS that has leaked from minute one and await rectification .. reread my first post.

I accept you people are all happy with your GG's .. they work and mine doesn't and never will without re-engineering. So are you saying I have some sort of agenda in seeking restitution ?

(edit I must add that this was written before I had some support from some happy owners, thanks for that. I saw how tokes thread went and was psyching myself for that response)

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Stone my friend. I was sure that you didnt came here to solve a problem but to create a new one. I was very polite to you even if you were too rude at first place. And I am also sure that those words are not yours, someone else told you to come here.
Ok, I will proove you that you dont know many things about o-rings or lathe and of course I will close the thread because you just want to badmouth GG , nothing more, its more than obvious by using words that are pretty bad.

1. The guy that told you that you can "repair" the AVS is wrong because there is no secure place on AVS to crab it on lathe. Its thin and you will damage it. Also lathe cant make the surface you read on google and you post here, we need other tools that are not nessesary for our work on GG.

2. You said that I will not send you another one but you never asked me. You prefered to come here just to beat me.

3. O-rings will totally seal the area but you dont know what is happening in real life and how we use o-rings, you just made a google search. No one my friend works like this in real life. We need hundrends of euros if we go by the book to manufacture an e-cig or anything else. Job can be done exactly as I made it. But you didnt tried to do as I told you to fix the issue, you just beat me. That prooves your intentions my friend.

5. Adding vaseline is because we need to take care of o-rings and not to seal anything but you didnt knew that too, do you?

4. If you want to see if o-ring seals the surface just ask 400 people that have the GG and we talk again. You will see that even if the o-ring is a little smaller that the one I told you to put, they still dont have problems at all.

5. Tell your friend Tokes to come here in personal as he told me in pm that he will do and not sending you here just because you have 18 posts and you dont care if you get banned. (Because you will). I was very nice with people like you in past but thats enough Stone.

6. You said that you attemped simple repair and you failed. You failed because you didnt attempted anything my friend. But if you attemped something you didnt say it here so you just didnt. You just want to make imressions as other people did, like Tokes.

7. You said that you attemped to contact distributor. Who is and when you did that? And what he told you? You dont say anything of those, so its an attempted for impressions again, am I right?

8. You asked nicely for a solution and I gave it to you but you just said that you fail again. Why? Does this option didnt worked or you just dont want to make it work?

9. You said that I didnt explain you the o-ring problem. But I did, so why I failed again? Maybe I just fail ONLY with you all the time because you dont want to solve your problem. Or you just want trouble, yes my friend?

10. I explained you the o-ring status in real life but you are still here beating and beating. I suggest you to do as I told you and I also suggest you to buy one more GG because as you said that you really like it.

11. If you go on every forum with your suggestions about "fixing" the issue then you will force people to damage their tank so dont suggest anything to them please. Tell them to come here to talk to me. But I think that very few people will listen to you because only a few people have a leaking issue and fewer people will trust you.

I reread your first post and even from the first one I saw a man that tries to make trouble. You see how true I was?

Your GG will never work as you said because you dont want to make it work. But your methods are well known on GG forum my friend, we are veterans to wars. Nice try but its like to try build a house with your hands:)

Tokes's thread was a very bad one for GG, for a reason. Do you know why? Its because when people like you try to beat another one, they try to do it without evidence but only by making impressions. Thats what Tokes did. Badmouthing without giving any evidence to anyone.

All this noise just from one person is about an o-ring?:lol:

I am sure that you didnt do this on other forums and for other mods, your concern was only how to beat GG because its the champion of mods. It will stay that way, with people like you, making noice for it. Please keep doing that:)

You are not alone here. Many people hate me because I make the best cig. You just joined their company. A black one but still a compamy. You feel secure there, do you Stone? Be sure that the same people that now protects you, they will be the first people that they will double cross you. Stay on the bright side Stone and you will see later that its the only option for everyone.

I really liked one comment of yours and it was the best that I heard today: "GG is garbage":lol::lol::lol: You are too funny my Australian friend Stone but again congratulations for the nice try.:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread