Not open for further replies.

arry

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
UK
AVS Top Cap Leaking ! After 4 days use.
O-Ring not sealing .
Any one else have this problem ?
Also is there a simple permanant solution , and i dont mean bodging with gaffer tape .
It seem the o-ring on the AVS is seated inside on the threads of the chamber , rather than the o-ring on the AFSV2 is seated on the brim of the chamber , suspect o-ring being damaged by threads, as only started to leak after the 3rd refill of tank .
Or is Return the only solution.

A

Last edited:

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
O-Ring not sealing .
Also is there a simple permanant solution , and i dont mean bodging with gaffer tape .
It seem the o-ring on the AVS is seated inside on the threads of the chamber , rather than the o-ring on the AFSV2 is seated on the brim of the chamber , suspect o-ring being damaged by threads, as only started to leak after the 3rd refill of tank .

A

Sounds to me like you need a new O ring.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
O-Ring not sealing .

A

The easy solution is to put a bigger o-ring that will sit on the AVS like it sits on the AFS arry. The o-ring now is 18/1,5 so you can put an 18/1,75 and you will be more than ok

arry

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
UK
The easy solution is to put a bigger o-ring that will sit on the AVS like it sits on the AFS arry. The o-ring now is 18/1,5 so you can put an 18/1,75 and you will be more than ok

Ok will give it a try
but not sure if just adding a bigger o-ring is the solution , as if it goes into the threads it will only get damaged again . Much better for the o-ring to sit on the brim/.... up on the edge but as the AVS chamber walls are so thin knife like will just cut/chew the o-ring again after a few refills.

Anyone got a 18mm id x 1.75mm cs o-ring they can send me ?
As i can bet for such an odd size there will be a minium order quantity of 100 or so ...
or may try 18x2 ...

Thanks

A

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The o-ring doesnt sit on threads arry because AVS has a channel of 1mm before threads start. Its where the o-ring sits. The leakage you have is because a bigger o-ring is needed to some AVSs. Most of them dont leak because AVS has longer threads than the AFSV2.
If you find a 18/1,6 o-ring it would be better because it will sit inside the tank again.

arry

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
UK
The o-ring doesnt sit on threads arry because AVS has a channel of 1mm before threads start. Its where the o-ring sits. The leakage you have is because a bigger o-ring is needed to some AVSs. Most of them dont leak because AVS has longer threads than the AFSV2.
If you find a 18/1,6 o-ring it would be better because it will sit inside the tank again.

Where would i get an o-ring that size ???
as they are not standard sizes .
and no one would sell me just one in that size they would have a min order quantity of 50 to 100 pcs.
Can you send one .

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Where would i get an o-ring that size ???
as they are not standard sizes .
and no one would sell me just one in that size they would have a min order quantity of 50 to 100 pcs.
Can you send one .

I will send you one arry my friend, just pm me your adress. I have 18/1,75 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread