leaking tanks on plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffertwo

Nov 6, 2014
somerset uk
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place,
I am off on my hols Monday , i just want to know if i take my kanger pro 3 on the plane with liquid in will it leak?
i have read a lot of conflicting info, some say empty the tank , others say it will be fine, i don't intend to stealth vape on the plane, but i would want to use it just before boarding and when we land.
i will be taking about 10x 10ml bottles in my main case along with my other tanks and batteries, i take it that's the way to do it.
i was planning on taking an ego battery and maybe a cheap ce4 on the plane just encase it leaks .
what do you guys do when you fly ? thanks for any advice.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Well, TSA confiscated all of GRIMMS juice he had in his luggage when they did a search. I don't think he mentioned in the video which airport he was in. He was on his way home from a vape meet and had to forfeit all the juice vendors had given to him for review.

So I don't know if there is a general TSA rule or whether it's just a "roll of the dice" depending on if your baggage gets flagged.

That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. I have heard of them taking batteries, but never juice or any other kind of liquid in a checked bag. I fly extensively for work, both domestic and international and never heard of anything like that. I hope he investigated it further as the TSA are not gods and CAN be held accountable for improper actions.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
No batteries (internal or removeable) can go in the luggage hold.
All liquids must go in a quart size bag and carried on the plane as well.

Not to argue, but you can put as large a container of juice as you wish in the checked baggage. The carry on stuff applies to the 3-1-1 rule, and that includes full tanks..

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
After many flights I have found that most will leak due to pressure. If you are not intending on stealth vaping, I would just keep a tank and bottle ready to go but the tank is best if next to empty. This way you can put the fluid in the tank when you are waiting for everyone to get their bags and exiting.
if you are taking a full tank it is best to take some primer puffs (or stealth vapes) during the trip to maintain the internal pressure.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
You are limited to the total amount of liquids that you can carry on a plane and it must all fit in a certain sized zip lock bag.
This includes ALL liquids like shampoo and even toothpaste I think although it is not really a liquid.

That only applies to liquids in carry-on baggage. You can carry any amount of liquid you want in your checked baggage that goes in the cargo hold.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place,
I am off on my hols Monday , i just want to know if i take my kanger pro 3 on the plane with liquid in will it leak?
i have read a lot of conflicting info, some say empty the tank , others say it will be fine, i don't intend to stealth vape on the plane, but i would want to use it just before boarding and when we land.
i will be taking about 10x 10ml bottles in my main case along with my other tanks and batteries, i take it that's the way to do it.
i was planning on taking an ego battery and maybe a cheap ce4 on the plane just encase it leaks .
what do you guys do when you fly ? thanks for any advice.

the pressure changes end up forcing liquid out the tank if it is right side up.
If you can store it upside down it won't leak.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hmmm. now I have to figure out, do I listen to Grimm Green or the TSA.... I think I'll go with the TSA.

Well, TSA confiscated all of GRIMMS juice he had in his luggage when they did a search. I don't think he mentioned in the video which airport he was in. He was on his way home from a vape meet and had to forfeit all the juice vendors had given to him for review.

So I don't know if there is a general TSA rule or whether it's just a "roll of the dice" depending on if your baggage gets flagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread