Leaky Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
i had one solidly affixed to the coil, took a fair amount of heating and twisting to get it all out.

I'm using my "tankomizers" aka Sapphire Bud, on a Leo which is 3.7. I have had a leaker, and did get a nasty burnt taste. There is a problem with wicks, and as I posted somewhere, it appears some of the tankomizers have the wick intertwined with the coil. Once they start burning, you really have to burn it off, as it ends up darkening the juice, giving it a nasty taste. Once I put in a new wick, did a burn off of the old wick in the coil, gave it a vinegar bath, yummy, yummy, yummy. My daughter's has been perfect right out of the box (I never liked that child!) and she's using a Leo also. Once the wicking problem is corrected, the only other thing I'd like to see changed would be a larger tank, especially for when I'm on the road going to appointments! Are they going to sell the little tips for the tankomizers separately, for those of us that may lose tiny things?

WAC_Vet

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Missouri
i had one solidly affixed to the coil, took a fair amount of heating and twisting to get it all out.
I could be wrong, but I think the makers thought that intertwining the wicks with the coil ensured that the wick dampens the coil enough. This seems to be the same thought with the 4081 cartos I'm pulled apart. It's probably easier for them to intertwine the wick, then to make sure it touches the coil just right! Once it burns, in the coil....ewwwwww on flavor.

opsguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Florida Treasure Coast
same with me bud, the new york rudeness shines through when i type but i dont mean it in that way, i love all of you, seriously. I do this for you all, not for me, i cant vape all this stuff. we not only look for products to make you all happy but we also get them improved as much as we can and perfection isnt easy and is hard to come buy with the world we are dealing with. We both know how it is and all we can do is try our best to bring out different ranges of products to try to suit all different types of peoples needs, reality is sapphire wont be for everyone, ce2 isnt for everyone, maps and jtanks arent for everyone, turbines arent etc.. while a whole range of people love them its impossible for it to be perfect for everyone and for that i apologize, just becuase its good for many doesnt mean it should be good for you and if you have issues then we need to see what could be the cause for the ones that do. that goes for any product.

Bad I was really happy to see this post of yours. Makes me feel better. Previously I got the impression that somehow it was my fault that the Sapphires were leaking. I know that many are enjoying these with no leaking issues, but I think it has now been established that a percentage of these have problems with the wicks and leak.

I think you guys are great and I know you are always working to improve things. And I know you would expect the honest feedback as it was given. It is my hope that the factory will take all the comments and suggestions about the leaking and work to improve the wicks.

Now I'm looking forward to receiving my new Turbines. You guys keep up the great work. We appreciate it.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
just vaped a whole cartridge with my dark 100% vg juice on the stock sapphire that leaked with my normal light 80/20 juice. No leaks, a bit tough on the draw, but no leaks. So I think we can clearly say that at least some of these have wick problems as this dark juice I used wouldn't work wick at all in a CE2 clearomizer, so clearly it should be the juice not working correctly, not the other way around.

I think the inherent problem with any of the bottom coils is that the wick is the determining factor and thats going to need to be different depending on the juice. Where with a top coil, the wick is simply bringing the juice up so not as big a deal if its not quite right.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
I think the inherent problem with any of the bottom coils is that the wick is the determining factor and thats going to need to be different depending on the juice. Where with a top coil, the wick is simply bringing the juice up so not as big a deal if its not quite right.
Now this is an interesting point..... So I will throw this question out there for anyone who can answer. We make different OHM coils could there be a diferentiating wick class???..... you know for thick juice use this sapphire TKL or for thin juice use sapphire TNL or for almost everything in between use sapphire REG. I know I know it is another classification to remember ;but is it possible and at all cost effecient? I apologize in advance for the spelling errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread