The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Learning as I go...

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by dfoster, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Kensei maybe. GeekVape Blitzen may be worth looking into as well. Both fairly new tho. Some do love their Aromaizer's too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Speigel42

Speigel42 Full Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Chino, CA
    Well actually you sound like you're doing well..I recently have been playing with claptons to get them lower resistance..if you are wrapping with 28 then there's a lot of metal to heat up..I find even with 30 I have to vape around 5 volts to cut down ramp up..play with steam engine to try and get around .2-.25 ohm load..that's where I like to vape at least..resistance is easy understand but takes some time to take advantage if I think..remember its how easy electricity can travel through your circuit, BUT it's also directionally proprtionate to how much of the power is turned into heat as well.
    Also these are just some things that ive been pondering, and noticed myself and often entertain myself with

• Like Like x 2
  3. Speigel42

Speigel42 Full Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Chino, CA
    Oh and yeah ^^^ of course make sure your mod and batteries can handle it! Don't do it if you're not comfortable..it shouldn't pull more than 18-20 amps though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dfoster

dfoster Full Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Adirondacks, NY
    Thanks again everyone

Here’s the latest. A few days ago I tried some coils single 28g wire with 7 wraps at 3mm ID. Flavor was best I’ve had and I think I was around 25-30W, I was satisfied with flavor and super fast ramp up(which I love) but it was light on the cloud production and lung hit. Been chasing this all week! Next I tried 8 wraps and 3.5mm ID, then I some shorter Clapton’s I think 4 wraps (trying to cut down on ramp up). Currently I have a parallel 28g with 6 wraps at 3.5mm ID. Ramp up is acceptable and cloud/lung hit is acceptable but wishing I could find that flavor I had earlier this week! The quest continues...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.