Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I did get a wotofo troll but it has a funky mouthpiece I just can’t get used to. It’s a long piece. I’ve been thinking of picking up a Vandy vape keiser or whatever so I have something dedicated to dual and I can forget the triple for a while
Kensei maybe. GeekVape Blitzen may be worth looking into as well. Both fairly new tho. Some do love their Aromaizer's too.

Speigel42

Aug 10, 2017
Chino, CA
Thanks Speigel, I’d like to say I’m getting better at what I’m doing here. Still not getting the flavor I THINK I should be. Best coils so far, with my limited resources, is making Clapton’s with the 28g stainless I have on hand. I’ve been going back and forth between the dual and triple deck and it seems the triple leaks through the 510 pin slightly, but none with the dual so that’s what I’m currently rocking. With two 28/28 Clapton’s I’m at 0.389 ohms. I was using 75w and after reading your post my volts were up just shy of 6. Reduces wattage to 38w to get to 4.1-4.2v. Has a slow ramp up and somewhat poor cloud production. Do I need different coils/wire, would that help me?

BTW, i did start wicking looser but still snug and that helped flavor as well

Well actually you sound like you're doing well..I recently have been playing with claptons to get them lower resistance..if you are wrapping with 28 then there's a lot of metal to heat up..I find even with 30 I have to vape around 5 volts to cut down ramp up..play with steam engine to try and get around .2-.25 ohm load..that's where I like to vape at least..resistance is easy understand but takes some time to take advantage if I think..remember its how easy electricity can travel through your circuit, BUT it's also directionally proprtionate to how much of the power is turned into heat as well.
Also these are just some things that ive been pondering, and noticed myself and often entertain myself with

dfoster

Dec 14, 2017
Adirondacks, NY
Thanks again everyone

Here’s the latest. A few days ago I tried some coils single 28g wire with 7 wraps at 3mm ID. Flavor was best I’ve had and I think I was around 25-30W, I was satisfied with flavor and super fast ramp up(which I love) but it was light on the cloud production and lung hit. Been chasing this all week! Next I tried 8 wraps and 3.5mm ID, then I some shorter Clapton’s I think 4 wraps (trying to cut down on ramp up). Currently I have a parallel 28g with 6 wraps at 3.5mm ID. Ramp up is acceptable and cloud/lung hit is acceptable but wishing I could find that flavor I had earlier this week! The quest continues...

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread