Leather "skin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
Lake Charles
Hi all, I just wanted to show a leather skin I made for my VTube.. I used sheepskin leather I had some scrap and it fits! :D

IMAG0712.jpg IMAG0716.jpg IMAG0717.jpg IMAG0719.jpg IMAG0721.jpg

I messed up on some parts, especially the back stitching's, but I am happy with it, protect the finish of my PV :) This skin is tight, it will not slide off, one hell of a time putting it on, I thought my leather was gonna rip :p

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Looks very nice!

I did a similar thing for my Reos. What helped me was wetting the leather skin after it was done, putting it onto the mod, wrapping it in Ace bandage, and letting it dry overnight. I also rolled the seams with a chunk of pipe while they were wet. That made for a very good fit, and the seams are smoother now.

IMAG0237.jpg

Yourdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
Lake Charles
That looks nice, what kind of leather did you use? I want to redo mine hopefully making it look a little nicer especially around the stitches.. My only complaint is because it is sheep skin and a little old it wanted to tear with very little pull; I need to figure out a way to prevent the ripping.

If I could make my stitch job look more like yours I would be happy :D

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Mine is relatively thin soft leather from Michaels. I found the trick to even stitches is to fold the leather in half, and hammer a thicker needle through where the stitches will be. Makes the spacing more even, and much easier to pull the thread through existing holes. Then I used the same stitching as I lace my shoes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread