Leaving batteries in charger to change location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Let me take a minute to reiterate my original post.

On Fridays, I take my charger to work to charge the 4 batteries I use during the week. I vape at 8.5 to 9 watts on my solo, pico or swag. I've been doing this effortlessly for the last 6 or so years and recently switched up from the 25Rs to the GAs that take longer than my shift to charge.

I don't carelessly throw my charger and batteries on the floorboard of my car, drag my charger into work on a string behind me, or waste a weekend day hanging around the house watching my charger.

I'm a frugal vaper who quit smoking to save money. Spending more than $20 on a charger or charging 4 batts at a time at 1mA each doesn't seem reasonable.

I didn't realize unplugging the charger still creates a closed circuit.

Up until now, I even thought I would be extra careful and throw one or two of my broccoli/vape bands around the set before packing it up for the 15 min drive home.

IMG_1719.JPG

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    You need to take the batteries out, store them in a sealed container (purged with nitrogen and then sealed in lead)... OK, just kidding. Honestly, they should be fine BUT (as mentioned ) common sense says take them out, put in a plastic storage thingy and you are fine. Maybe you are overthinking this (but on the other hand... lithium battery safety is no joke so better safe than sorry)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    BTW, I have this situation where I live with my 81 year old mother, my nephew (and sometimes his 3 year old slightly autistic son) and I get really OCD about charging batteries (in a room with a latch for safety) They forget and leave the room unlocked... I get all nuts because I'm like "these are high amp lithium batteries... they are safe if nobody messes with the charger (or spills anything on it)" If anything happens they will blame me. So... better safe than sorry (I get it)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Thanks. I was never really interested in the power bank feature. I thought the USB port was supposed to put out 5V when the thing was powered on. I guess I should've read the manual more at first, and I'll most likely read it again now.

Reactions: Superuser187
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread