Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Airflow control on top fill tanks. Grrrr...

Why is it that one brand's tank with adjustable airflow tightens the airflow when turning clockwise and another brand loosens when turning clockwise?

Am I the only one who expects air to be turned on and off like a water faucet? Yeah, I'm a little OCD, but what's wrong with having a standard?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Am I the only one who expects air to be turned on and off like a water faucet? Yeah, I'm a little OCD, but what's wrong with having a standard?

My bathroom sinks are different between the hot and cold side. Both are horizontal lever style and you rotate them toward you to turn them on. Meaning the Hot water is a left turn to open, and the cold is a right turn to open. It just makes sense the way your hands operate though. As far as airflow, maybe some are designed by a left handed person? Maybe they just didn't care.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My bathroom sinks are different between the hot and cold side. Both are horizontal lever style and you rotate them toward you to turn them on. Meaning the Hot water is a left turn to open, and the cold is a right turn to open. It just makes sense the way your hands operate though. As far as airflow, maybe some are designed by a left handed person? Maybe they just didn't care.
Ok.

I'm just looking for a standard way to open or close airflow. Left or right doesn't matter as long as they all do it the same way. It's like having a top cap loosen rotating left and tighten rotating right.

Or maybe @r77r7r is right and it's just a grumpy daylight savings Monday rant.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If size decreases from left to right, you have to read your ruler upside down

No you just slide it to the left and start the measurement from the right. I am ambidextrous though so I don't get hung up with left right stuff, the way you "one handers" do. :D

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
20180312_121543.jpg
Doggo.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I's is grumpy. I cleaned two tanks this mornin" n" left soap in'm. So angry that I vaped that the rest of the morning ").
Goody, now my Fonts are messed up too!

I'm going to go outside and shoot little things with a big gun fer awhile, BBL.
Your font is fine. As long as it isn't Comic Sans. Comic Sans should be banned.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Here's my Monday rant....it's 'loosey' not "Lucy".

I'm sick and tired of this. I'm not convinced that vaping leads to certain death like some people.....but, if someone starts a thread titled "Vaping has make me stop caring about grammar" I'm clicking 'AGREE'!:lol::lol::lol::blink::lol::lol::lol:

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Here's my Monday rant....it's 'loosey' not "Lucy".

I'm sick and tired of this. I'm not convinced that vaping leads to certain death like some people.....but, if someone starts a thread titled "Vaping has make me stop caring about grammar" I'm clicking 'AGREE'!:lol::lol::lol::blink::lol::lol::lol:
Loosey trips the spell checker. Lucy does not.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
We get backward taps all the time around here. The husband says it's all the contractors having Mexican labor, as the Spanish word for "Hot" is "Caliante" and hence, the confusion.

I've gotten used to the backwardness, but it actually does mean, quite often, if I am trying to loosen or tighten something that is actually "normal" I have to say it out loud, often with a question at the end, where whichever male member of my family looks at me with some form of haughty disgust.... LOL. I don't really expect my airflows to be standardized, but I no longer "expect" anything to be standardized. I'm just usually happy if I can get an AFC ring moving in whatever direction.

And, lets not forget... We are using inches and whatnot while the rest of the world uses the metric system. I bet there are some Chinese engineers going "We do not care what the Americans want." Etc.

No daylight savings, so yeah, I'm going to call it a Post DST rant, and this just proves to me FURTHER that daylight savings is a bad, bad thing. I think it's also completely an American thing? LOL.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread